• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back on bupe and found an interesting blog while trying to figure out how to optimize the absorption. The part about dosing once in the morning to avoid a habit was interesting, never done that before. Tried the ethanol solution and it seems to work great. In any case, this guy seems to have useful facts. Didn't find this by searching the thread, but if it has been posted before then just ignore me. =)

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/optimal-absorption-of-suboxone/

sub taper

I got put on subs in Jan. The Dr wanted me to take 24 mg no way was I taking that much so I started out at 10mg I'm down to 4mg a day.
I'm sorta proud of myself. I was snorting 90 to 120mg of opana a day. I thought a few times I was going to die I snorted so much at one time. I will say Subs saved me. I feel better then I have in years.
The question I have is that I'm taking 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the eve under the tongue. Should I keep doing this or just load up and take 4mg at one time. I going to stay on 4mg for a few more days then I'm dropping another 25% around 3mg and so on. I'm just wondering if I should keep splitting my dose's, or just start taking it once a day?

Any help with this would be great..
Thank's Peace.

Suboxone is 50 x more powerful than morphine. Does that not tell you guys ANYTHING!? :|

That's only true up to a point because buprenorphine has a cieling effect, morphine does not. It's maximum agonist activity is equivalent to somewhere between 30-50mg of methadone. That is potent still, but it's really not out of this world. The fact that there are so few buprenorphine overdoses proves this.

okay so heres the deal....i went thro precipitated withdrawal like a week ago (worst thing that has ever happened to me, never been that sick in my life...thought it only lasted a couple hours and i was sick for 3 days) but since then, it seems like the suboxone just doesnt work as well as it used too....i still feel pretty crappy and cold/sweaty no matter how much i take. anyone have similair situtation?? im taking the suboxone as maintenence, would go back and forth from using to sub a lot, and fucked up that one time and took my sub too early...never doin that again, just sticking with the suboxone....just scared i fucked it up since it hasnt been workin so well lately

okay so heres the deal....i went thro precipitated withdrawal like a week ago (worst thing that has ever happened to me, never been that sick in my life...thought it only lasted a couple hours and i was sick for 3 days) but since then, it seems like the suboxone just doesnt work as well as it used too....i still feel pretty crappy and cold/sweaty no matter how much i take. anyone have similair situtation?? im taking the suboxone as maintenence, would go back and forth from using to sub a lot, and fucked up that one time and took my sub too early...never doin that again, just sticking with the suboxone....just scared i fucked it up since it hasnt been workin so well lately

It's weird, but Ie experienced somethinghappy similar. After the first time I went through precipitated withdrawal, it felt like it took weeks to get back to a stable state. I wasn't sick that whole time at all, just abnormally depressed and anxious. I had previously never had that problem before when switching back and forth.

Another time, after 4 months of heroin use, I decided to go back on the suboxone, and it just seemed that it wasn't effective, and I was always feeling weak and sickly. Eventually this prompted me to go into detox, and I dot off opiates altogether, and after a few days got back on suboxone (should have tried harder, oh well..), and it worked very well again.

As long as you keep your self at a pretty low dosage, consistency and comfortability is pretty easy to sustain on suboxone. I always found I couldn't achieve that unless I was at four mg or under.

That's only true up to a point because buprenorphine has a cieling effect, morphine does not. It's maximum agonist activity is equivalent to somewhere between 30-50mg of methadone. That is potent still, but it's really not out of this world. The fact that there are so few buprenorphine overdoses proves this.

*Face Palm*

Thread Version 1.0
Thread Version 2.0
Thread Version 3.0
Thread Version 4.0
Thread Version 5.0
Thread Version 6.0
Thread Version 7.0
Thread Version 8.0
Thread Version 9.0
Thread Version 10.0
Thread Version 11.0
Thread Version 12.0
Thread Version 13.0

phrozen said:
What: Suboxone = buprenorphine/naloxone. Bupe is a partial agonist(mu) and antagonist(kappa). Bupe has higher mu affinity that most opiates, including some antagonists(naloxone, naltrexone). Its higher affinity allows you to shoot suboxone tablets. It also may cause precipitated withdrawals if you are dependant on other opiates. Also, its higher affinity blocks the affects of other opiates when taken in conjunction with bupe.

Dose: Depends on tolerance. 1-2mgs is a typical recreational dose for someone with no tolerance. If you're using bupe to taper off of another opiate, you should dose once you're experiencing wd's(typically 36-48 hrs. for most opiates). Start with 2-4mgs and dose at 2mg increments every 30-45minutes until a dose holds you. Most people take their full dose once a day.

Withdrawal: Typical physical and psychological symptoms associated with opiate withdrawal. Insomnia, chills, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, lacrimation, sweating, increased heart rate, etc. They are not as strong as a full agonist's symptoms, but may last longer. Physical symptoms last 1-2 weeks on average and psychological symptoms may last months.

As most opiates, it's recommended to taper down to the lowest dose possible before stopping. <1mg is ideal. The best way to dose at that level is to crush up a tablet and divide the powder into lower doses.

Ceiling: 24-32mgs

Bioavailability:
jasoncrest said:
Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intraduodenal: 9.7%

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

intravenous: 98%-100%

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."

"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

transdermal: 15%

Other Notes:

• Bupe is CIII in the US.
  • Metabolized by CYP3A4(see potentiation thread for potentiators).
  • Half-life: 37 hours.
  • Drug tests: Not detected by regular 5 panel tests.
  • A interesting thread by 'medicine cabinet' about a new version of Suboxone that's currently being tested can be found here.
  • Buprenorphine gets metabolized into norbuprenorphine and into conjugated buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine.

p05331b1.jpg

Subutex

p05331a6.jpg

Suboxone

Buprenorphine4%28a%29.preview.jpg

Generic Subutex Manufacturer: Roxane

bupr5378.jpg
bupr5379.jpg

Generic 2mg Manufacturer: Teva | Generic 8mg Manufacturer: Teva

Suboxone.jpg

Suboxone Film Strips

bupe_tablets.jpg

Temgesic, 0.2mg

16buprenex.jpg

Buprenex Ampules

Locate a doctor that prescribes Suboxone.

Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone for Low Income Patients

Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use**
Buprenex - should I IM or IV?
Buprenorphine and Antihistamine IV FAQ
Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?
Buprenorphine dosages commonly prescribed are unnecessarily high
Buprenorphine for depression?
Buprenorphine patches
Buprenorphine withdrawals?
Ketoconazole Potenation of Suboxone
Mephedrone and Buprenorphine
Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ - How to Micron Filter Suboxone
Nasal Administration of Suboxone - Issues
Rectal (Plugging) Buprenorphine
Suboxone in place of Naloxone in the event of an opiate overdose*
Suboxone sublingual film official thread
Subutex has gone generic
Tramadol and Suboxone

Discussion in the Suboxone mega thread goes along quite quickly, so we have a few other threads to promote intermediate/advanced discussion of buprenorphine and its formulations. These threads are meant to divert some of the more advanced discussion that otherwise becomes buried in the mega thread.

If there's another link you think which would go well in this list of related buprenorphine threads, please let me know. We're trying to reserve extra threads on buprenorphine for more intermediary/advanced discussion mostly to reserve the mega thread for a place for questions that can be answered quickly, and the other threads for a place for questions which will otherwise not get the same discussion going on in the mega thread, due to its quick pace.

If you have an idea for a new thread on buprenorphine, it's probably best to figure out by talking to a moderator first to see if it's thread worthy or should be discussed in the mega thread.

*Not Advised. Opiate antagonists are the only safe thing to do in case of an opiate overdose. Please do not give people Suboxone if they have overdosed.
**also known as "6/7's method" or "SixPartSeven's method"

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't you post a picture of the film strip itself and not just the packaging, or no?

ANyway, I have a Q about suboxone. I find that if I take a large dose like 4 mg as i am coming off a heroin habit i cannot lSleep at all (due to the WD) however, although the suboxone helps a lot it causes me to have all these crazy closed eye visions/hallucinations like flying through strange worlds sometimes resembling something you might find in a video game. Does anyone else have this happen? It really bothers. I

Anyway I am wondering what dose I should take next time to try to prevent that from happening? I find that, when I am coming off heroin suboxone gives me partial relief to my WD symptoms, like it makes me feel 50% better but not 100%. Taking more suboxone doesn't matter. I mean I think I took 19 or 22 mg one time and I felt no better then wehn I'd taken 4 mg. So I'm wondering, what do you guys think would be the lowest effective dose for helping one to come off heroin? I current.ly have an $80 a day heroin havit but I plan to try to raper down to $20 $30 a day before switching to suboxone.

This was discussed in a different thread in the OD Forum, but I personall think it would be a better place to discuss here. Does anyone get prescribed the Suboxone gelatin/gummy-type squares? I'm not referring to the Suboxone strips. I'm curious because I honestly had NO clue they existed until today. I did some research and found some information on another forum posted in 2009 discussing these things!

Shouldn't you post a picture of the film strip itself and not just the packaging, or no?

ANyway, I have a Q about suboxone. I find that if I take a large dose like 4 mg as i am coming off a heroin habit i cannot lSleep at all (due to the WD) however, although the suboxone helps a lot it causes me to have all these crazy closed eye visions/hallucinations like flying through strange worlds sometimes resembling something you might find in a video game. Does anyone else have this happen? It really bothers. I

Anyway I am wondering what dose I should take next time to try to prevent that from happening? I find that, when I am coming off heroin suboxone gives me partial relief to my WD symptoms, like it makes me feel 50% better but not 100%. Taking more suboxone doesn't matter. I mean I think I took 19 or 22 mg one time and I felt no better then wehn I'd taken 4 mg. So I'm wondering, what do you guys think would be the lowest effective dose for helping one to come off heroin? I current.ly have an $80 a day heroin havit but I plan to try to raper down to $20 $30 a day before switching to suboxone.

Are you planning on doing this whole "recovery" thing without any medical professionals? I'm just wondering. And, hey, I played the "taper down my. Dope dosage" game before I quit, too; if you can really do it, congrats! I couldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why, so Bluelighters can start making fake 8mg films? No thanks... ;)

The Captain has literally just had two IM buprenorphine shots today and feels amazing. Walking around in below 60° F weather doesn't bother me at all as it normally would. Tapering has been going splendid!

By the way, that 8mg film wrapper was personally scanned in by The Captain. I can tell based on the photobucket account.

New Mega Thread has dead links....

https://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/176_04_180202/cla10539.html - dead

It doesn't take all that long to test out links. ;)

xHippiexchildx

Buprenorphine is not 50 times as euphoric as morphine. Nor is it 50 times as addictive as morphine. So why does 50x the potency mean that much bad things to you?! Heroin/morphine is by far worse than buprenorphine, and I don't need to sit here and argue it to you. (Theoretically, not literally...) Get a heroin addiction. Get on Suboxone to get off heroin. You'll enjoy life on Suboxone more, I think everyone here hated their life as a heroin addict. I don't think a single one of us will think about using heroin and say only positive things about it. Get real. OK?

Last edited:
i just gotta post a post in this thread since i have been in every one since i joined but have nothing to add atm but i will think of something or answer someones questions when they ask. lol.

(Continued from previous thread)

People can and WILL overdose on suboxone if they don't use it right. The percentage of people overdosing from suboxone is a lot higher then people like to think, or admit for that matter.

(Continued from previous thread)

People can and WILL overdose on suboxone if they don't use it right. The percentage of people overdosing from suboxone is a lot higher then people like to think, or admit for that matter.

So, what's your point? Is this still part of your "Suboxone should be banned" arguemen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.