• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen or heard of ANYONE being prescribed suboxone and benzo's at the same time. Even though it is completely safe in my experience, it seems like all doctors fear prescribing benzo's with suboxone like the plague!

Yes some doctors are very fearful of prescribing benzos to ex-heroin addicts. There seem to be a lot of people who like to abuse benzos, whether or not heroin was their thing.

In my case, I do not particularly care for benzos. I only use them when I feel it's necessary to have anxiety relief or a good night's rest. This is probably only once a week to once a month at the very most.

If you already have a medical history of being on them, and you call ahead to confirm, a doctor should still be able to prescribe you both.

re solidify

I am trying to find a way to resolidify my Suboxone films.
Any ideas anyone?

About 30 minutes ago I took 1/16th of a strip,broke it down in water and then drew it up into a rig.
I then squirted it onto some glass and added some calcium pill powder to it.
Currently it is drying.
Im hop[ing it will dry into a powder that will crush completely,or crush enough,to be snorted.
I knw you can snort tiny strip pieces or break i down in water and snort that but that is not NEARLY as enjoyable as snorting a powder imo.
Plus I feel that soemtimes the stri misses my membranes or whatever and sticks to the inside of the nose where the hairs are.
The entracnce of the nostril.
I also have others told me that snrting strip pieces doesnt work as well as snorting tablet powder.
I agree with them despite the purity of strips being higher.

EDIT-
I added another .1 units of water containing about 0.75mlgs of Bupreorphine strip to the powdery goop.
I really hope it turns into a snortable solid.
Itd be awesome if it came out solid like a real pill.We shall see.
If it doesnt work its no biggie I guess cuz Ill jus filter and blast off into my bloodstream as usual.
[/I]

Last edited:
I knew time was around the corner for a new thread, when I got the #1000 post :)

Good to know that people are contributing so much, and that it keeps growing and growing, megathread by megathread.

Good day to all...

Idk if anyone has kept up or will read what I wrote above but here is an update.

I have about 1.25-1.5mlg of Buprenorphine[from the film] mixed with that calcium powder still drying up in a spoon.
It has dried out pretty decently and took a very small amount out and attempted to crush it.
ANd it broke up just like a pill so Im thinking this mite work.
The rest of the mixture isn't completely dry and I work in less than ten hours and havent slept so imma kick back.
Ill post results later!

Yes some doctors are very fearful of prescribing benzos to ex-heroin addicts. There seem to be a lot of people who like to abuse benzos, whether or not heroin was their thing.

In my case, I do not particularly care for benzos. I only use them when I feel it's necessary to have anxiety relief or a good night's rest. This is probably only once a week to once a month at the very most.

If you already have a medical history of being on them, and you call ahead to confirm, a doctor should still be able to prescribe you both.

Any time I would ask my bupe doc about benzos towards the end of my taper, he would get a funny look in his eye, and then say, "no, we don't prescribe that sort here." Either this was because he knew about my heroin history (addictive behavior and tendencies) and had been with me throughout my ORT with bupe, or whether they actually are just a methadone/bupe clinic... I think the latter, but that look he had when I asked has me thinking otherwise. Anyways, probably for the better that they are reluctant to disperse benzos, but then again, I just went to the streets to get them, so what is better in the end?

Well I'm starting to hate fucking reckitt Beckinser or whatever the hell they're called. my suboxone costs are really just fucking everything up. It's bad enough that my mom lost her job, my dads been demoted, and I have only minimal freelance work, but my fucking insurance doesn't cover suboxone either!

Then even worse (IMO) I found out that if I changed over to my mother's freelancers' union health insurance, they will cover generic subutex but not suboxone. knowing that my psychiatrist believes that the nalaxone in suboxone makes it impossible to inject (even though I've told her multiple times in the past that I've done it and it indeed works) I asked my mom if she could wrestle with the doc about this issue because these fucking strips are sinking us into a financial grave.
Now maybe to some of you this sounds like a typical addict move to try and get subutex to shoot them up, and I will admit I am a needle fiend, however I prefer suboxone or subutex sublingual now, so I really am just looking at this from an economic stand point. With that aside, my mom did talk to the doc, who finally admits that yes, you can inject both suboxone and subutex, but that the reason that subutex can't be prescribed unless it's an unusual situation is because subutex, UNLIKE suboxone (remember this is my doc's words) doesn't have a cieling dosage because there is no naloxone, and so in that way, it would be just like taking heroin or oxycodone.

Obviously most people on this board know that that's a complete load of bullshit, and I'm living proof. In the end its me taking the meds, not the doctor.

I'm just fucking sick with the confusion and lies about fucking buprenorphine. I can't wait until these mother fuckers lose their patent and suboxone goes generic, though I'm sure they'll fight to the very end to come up with a way to renew it, like some kind of rectal depository, or eye drop. The amount I pay now, each 8 mg strip is worth the same amount I pay for a bag of dope. I feel that that's a travesty.

^What an ass, can you find a different doctor? The ceiling dose is definitely from buprenorphine itself, I think it actually says that in the insert IIRC. If not, show him this link:

http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/about.html (note that it is the US government page for buprenorphine)

"The agonist effects of buprenorphine increase linearly with increasing doses of the drug until at moderate doses they reach a plateau and no longer continue to increase with further increases in dose—the “ceiling effect.” Thus, buprenorphine carries a lower risk of abuse, addiction, and side effects compared to full opioid agonists. In fact, in high doses and under certain circumstances, buprenorphine can actually block the effects of full opioid agonists and can precipitate withdrawal symptoms if administered to an opioid-addicted individual while a full agonist is in the bloodstream."

...Your doctor is not only wrong about the naloxone, he doesn't even seem to understand that high doses are what make bupe work as an antagonist...

znegative - find a doctor who isn't an idiot. i don't know what i'd do if my insurance stopped covering sub, it costs more than my half of our mortgage!! that's certainly a dangerous thing for an addict to have to deal with, like you say it's about the same amount you pay for dope anyway-- would bringing that up to your doctor help? it doesn't sound like she's into thinking logically though, so that might just make her freak out instead.

makes me thankful my doc is pretty awesome, he busted me for shopping and is still amazingly supportive. he's a rare find but still i bet it'd be easy to find someone a bit more educated on bupe than your current doc.

Znegative I really feel for you man.
This kind of shit gets my blood pumping, the "so called" professionals that think they have the answer to anything and never admits to being wrong about something and IF by a rarity they do admit being wrong - what does she do - She throws some other bullshit in your face about the ceiling doses in belief that you have no idea what it means so she could hide behind that.

What a fucking thing to do, you should absolutelly show her the facts so she can learn something.

I tell you, am I glad I live in Sweden where everybody gets the same care no matter of social status and our Bupe and Methadone are free to us in the programs.

My concoction solidified nto a hard substance which is just like a pill.
It was a success!!!

I used a little too much calcium powder I think but it worked.
The powder mixture was hard to scrape outta my spoon and is pretty hard to break up too.
For the most part tho it breaks down like an excetionally hard pill.

SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO TURN THEIR SUBOXONE FILM INTO A SNORTABLE SOLID READ MY ABOVE POST OR PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU A MORE IN DEPTH DESCRPTION OF HOW TO DO IT!
GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL!

Last edited:
I live in Australia and it's bizarre reading about how much money you guys blow on this shit! It's totally free here.

I have to say that in my opinion, although your doctor is clearly misinformed, it's a bit rich of you to expect her to give you subutex after telling us that you're a "needle fiend" and telling her that you have injected your suboxone. Subutex is for people who have medical reasons not to be on suboxone and it's not strictly relevant that you could inject your suboxone now as things are. It would be illegitimate for a doctor to prescribe a medicine on the basis of what is more desireable economically. I think it would be even more illegitimate for an insurance company to cover things like methadone and suboxone which are clearly only necessary to the extent that a person generates and persists with addiction.

S

I mean that the people (in my country anyway) who run dosing centres have all sorts of little restrictions and concessions that they use to reward or punish good behaviour: if you behave well for 3 months you get take home doses, and so on. Considering that everyone would prefer subutex to suboxone, it would be illogical for a doctor to swap somone from one to the other when they know that the person is an injecting user.

It would be illegitimate for a doctor to prescribe a medicine on the basis of what is more desireable economically.

Really? A doctor has no responsibility to not to cause a patient waste money they do not have?

I think it would be even more illegitimate for an insurance company to cover things like methadone and suboxone which are clearly only necessary to the extent that a person generates and persists with addiction.

Is addiction not a medical condition like anxiety or depression?

On the first point, no, a doctor does not have any responsibility as such to consider a client's finances, but only to prescribe and administer the most medically appropriate treatment. Or rather, it is reasonably expected that most doctors would not be this indifferent, but that's really only how things are in practice, and an advantage, so to speak; doctors go through medical school learning how to comply with the medical ethics and which considerations are legitimate and which are not.

Secondly, and I say this as someone who has had, and is only now recovering from various addictions, no - addiction is not a medical condition in the same sense as anxiety of depression. I would have thought that this is pretty plain. There is obviously a physical component, but addiction in all its aspects is totally self-induced. If we're being honest, there are a set of choices that lead any person to addiction, throughout the course of which a person's volition and ability to freely decide does, admittedly, diminish. But the first steps, at least, are totally voluntary, and addiction doesn't just come down upon a person; as I said, they have to really persist and make changes to their life.

I understand addiction better than most and have been in some horrible places, but I just can't bear to listen to people abdicate responsibility like this and claim misadventure and all the rest of it. We all have choices, at least initially. The day I began to get clean and to recover from my numerous addictions was the day I stopped playing the victim and always expecting things from the medical profession; it's set up in a way that nurtures the addict, and the whole idea of initiative and choice has just evaporated. I, for one, only got worse during all the long years of indignance about doctor's 'lack of compassion' and so on.

I hope this doesn't invite hateful comments as I'm just explaining things as I see them.

S

^Yeah you're entitled to your opinion. What I was getting at is that there is a cause for every behavior, and the causes for drug abuse, anxiety, and depression are very similar, if not the same.

if i double up on a dose( of dilaudid) do i have a better chance of feeling it 72 hours after my last sub dose?

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on how to combat urinary retention cause by suboxone use, for me its harder to pee on subs than any full agonist I've tried. Its gotten so bad that I have to sit down every time and takes 10-15 before I even start peeing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also it seems that since I've started taking suboxone daily I've been experiencing small myclonic jerks here and there. They are most prevalent when Im drifting off to sleep, is this a common side effect of bupe?

^a hell of a lot of pressure is one way to go. Also try standing up from sitting position on the toilet, prepare yourself mentally to pee, and get ready physically, sit down again and give it all you've got, squeeze, squeeze, squeeze, and repeat as many times as necessary. Also, try focusing on something and let your thoughts wander freely - like a picture on the wall or something. Freeing the mind of forcing-myself-to-piss thoughts can sometimes make it come naturally. Or just wait til you really gotta go and go. The thing is sometimes it flows, sometimes it doesn't, whether you have to go or not. That is one of the annoying things about opiates. I personally have a much harder time pissing while on full-agonists, than subs, but yeah, I also had to sit down a lot of the time, which is sort of non-manly for us men who like to think of ourselves as men. And it sucks having to use the stalls in public toilets instead of the urinals... Especially if theres a long line of junkies ahead of you also waiting to use the stalls...

And drink a lot of water... coffee and sugary drinks can make it even harder to pee. So flush your body with as many litres of water a day as you can, around 3-4 liters, stay active, and stay away from beverages such as coke and coffee... certain teas are good for the urinary system too...

^^ i've definitely noticed a significant increase in the jerking just before falling asleep, i'm sure my boyfriend has, too since it usually is so strong i shake the whole friggin bed and scare the crap outta him. when i was taking 8 to 16mg/day it was happening almost daily, but since i've gone down to ~4-8mg/day it's much less frequent.

for about a year i complained to my sub doc i *always* felt like i had a UTI since it was so hard to pee, i'd go maybe 2x a day which is unheard of for most females and even then it would cut off early. i take 6-8mg now and it's not that bad anymore though i never feel the "urge" until the moment it's an emergency (being preggo sure doesn't help).

Status
Not open for further replies.