• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone/Benzo Questions

ItsBoTime

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight! 1st time poster here. I have been a native of central Virginia for years and I have recently been taken off my 1mg/day Klonopin prescription because my Dr. Says I can no longer take benzos while on suboxone(I am on 2mg/day suboxone film). Some Background: I have tapered off from 16mg a day to (now 2mg) over the past year and a half and plan to (want to) be off subs by the end of 2016. Also the reason I was prescribed Klonopin in the 1st place(about 7 months back) was because of anxiety issues and trouble hiding my anxiety while doing day to day activities like work or even get out of bed. Both Suboxone and Klonopin have been miracle drugs for me and I dont even feel the need to increase my dose on either of them. (I mean I'm already getting low doses of each of them and not abusing them whatsoever)

This same Dr. has prescribed me the subs and Klonopin for months now and now all of a sudden he decides to take me off... I was furious when he told me about it all he did was suggest i visit a psychiatrist and they may possibly prescribe my medication but thats a whole different ball game that will take up valuble time, money, and commitment out of my already busy life.

Has this happened to anyone else no matter where your from? If it has would it be worth it to seek a psychiatrist and try to get the meds I need? I've been almost 2 weeks without any Klonopin and can already tell my anxiousness building up and sometimes have trouble even wanting to wake up in the morning.(The same stuff which led me to be prescribed the Klonopin)

Any input would be great! Like I said this is my 1st time posting on bluelight so I hope I followed the rules 100%.

I've been through similar situation, not where my doctor cut me off the benzo's, but where I moved and found myself without health insurance and strung out (which made it impossible to make any appointments) and also without benzo's. What your doctor did is fucking crazy IMO, benzodiazepine withdrawal can kill you and can cause seizures. IME, withdrawal from a serious and long benzo habit is wayyy worse than any heroin kick I've ever gone through as it seems never ending. If I were you I'd go to the emergency room and tell them you're going through acute benzodiazepine withdrawal, they will almost certainly give you ativan or valium and you'll probably leave with some too to taper with. I did this when I left california and came to Ohio, they hooked me up with a one week librium taper. My tolerance to benzo's is pretty high (well its lower now) so even following the taper correctly (which I did) I was still back to square one a day or so after my last dose of librium so I found a different psychiatrist who would give me 2mg of clonazepam a day.

CT benzo habits is just not a good idea ever, its always better to taper, even if after the taper you still have withdrawals you will not have the same risk of having a seizure as you would have had you just completely dropped off. Luckily for you, you've not been on kpins that long, and if you haven't had a seizure yet, you probably won't.