• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone and opiates

tara52575

Greenlighter
I have read a million different threads on this and everything is different. I was taking Sub 8mgs, twice a day and stopped 1 week ago. I now have hydrocodone but I'm getting nothing of the euphoria. Yes, it is absolutely helping my back pain (sub w/d pain?), but I want the euphoria. Any legitimate words of advice for me?

Subs are mad strong and hydro is mad weak and the sub half life is ridiculous. It takes 3 days for me to feel decent from a good amount of heroin after taking subs for a day or 2, and that's heroin! You've probably been taking the sub for awhile and subs have a stacking effect so that shit is built up to crazy levels I'm your system, and u were dosing 16mg a day! 16mg is a shit ton of sub bro. You'll need to give it more time or use stronger opiates IMO.

Np, sry I didn't look at your screen name and called you bro, bad habit of mine.

if you were prescribed 16 mg of subs your tolerance is most likely too high to feel anything from the hydros.

Hydros are a reasonably weak opiate compared to 16 mg of sub. Even thoughyou have waited quite a while, your tolerance is raised due to the high mg of sub. Sucks. Same thing happened to me when i went on a sub binge for a month when taking a break from oxycodone. My tolerance almost tripled.

i went back to heroin after taking subs for two years. I was shooting 4mg twice a day of subutex (I know its bad) and I made it to day eight of the withdrawal. I ended up getting a bundle of heroin. I tried shooting one bag, nothing. I tried shooting two bags nothing. I tried shooting five bags....mild rush for eight seconds then back to slightly lessened withdrawal.

If you value your money and sanity take this as a hint that you may not be able to use opiates the way you want to again. It very quickly (within a month of stopping subs) became a daily thing for me to shoot fifteen bags and only get back to normal for most of the day. It was not a nice lifestyle. I was always worried about OD'ing even though I never really got high...and I was always just staving off the withdrawals...never attaining the euphoria you have stated above.

I believe after prolonged bupe use your body doesnt deal with opiates in a decent manner anymore...just my .02$