• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone and Embeda

purpncup

Greenlighter
SWIM took 180mgs of embeda because he had never tried it, and feels kind of weird. He still feels like he has some withdrawal symptoms, nothing too serious though. It's been about 4 hours or so, I'm guessing if he took suboxone it would put him in withdrawal but he wasn't sure. He felt like someone else might have this question sometime too but didn't see it being addressed, which makes sense because it's not exactly a common question lol. But better safe than sorry. Would greatly appreciate a response, thanks in advance! I've never posted but have been referring to this forum for years and think it helps many people, I know its helped me, so thanks again!

Hey purpncup, Welcome

Just a reminder that we don't use SWIM here or other acronyms .

You were right to trust your initial suspicion as 4 hours isn't near enough time, more like 18+ hours. On top of that if 180mg of Embeda is the only thing you've taken and regular opioid use isn't a problem, using Suboxone would be more likely to begin one. A common dosage size of Suboxone can also be dangerous as it's designed for people who already have a big tolerance. It's very potent for those with little to no tolerance.

Suboxone is more for med/ long term habits that need Opioid Replacement Therapy, a one time use of a short acting full agonist would not benefit from ORT meds and if used more than a few times could induce it's own dependence.

Sorry about the acronym, and also I apologize for being a little vague. I'm on 3 8mg suboxone strips a day and have been for 3 years, but take closer to 2 strips usually. Sometimes I still get cravings and this opportunity came up so I took it, not sure if I like it. Thanks for your help, think I'll be good to go back to my regular dosing tomorrow? I hope so :/

If you were already on the Suboxone before using the Embedda then that changes the equation quite a bit as you probably didn't get the full effect from the Morphine. Still the more time you can give for clearance the better and tomorrow will probably be fine. For cravings in the future just remember that suboxone will block most everything and the effect will be nothing like what your mind is really seeking out. Hang in there.