• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxon strength relative to other opiates

MondoMed

Greenlighter
I'm currently taking 2mg sublinguals, does anyone know the comparable amount with methadone? Hydrocodone?

Sub is complex to compare to other opiates due to being a partial agonist while the others are all full agonist.

I think things like user tolerance, opiate virgin, or time on subs need to be considered to makeba good comoarison

Seconded on the methadone...60 mg of methadone is way stronger in every aspect than that sub dose.

Sub has a super long duration but if you are talking effects wise I think it depends....with no opiates tolerance I would say 2 mg of subs is borderline dangerous...if you have opioids tolerance you won't even feel it.

This will give you a rough estimate:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885

Buprenorphine is never dosed orally (and hydrocodone never IV), so a straight conversion isn't really possible. Taken orally, 30mg hydrocodone is equaivent to 30mg morphine PO, which is equivalent to 10mg morphine IV, and 10mg IV morphine is equivalent to 0.3mg buprenorphine IV.

Now that isn't exactly correct, more a rough estimation. Anyways, that would suggest that is 30mg hydrocodone is equivalent to 30mg morphine orally, and if that is equivalent 10mg morphine IV, which is equivalent to 0.3mg buprenorphine IV... so basically 30mg hydrocodone orally is equivalent to 0.3mg buprenorphine IV.

HOWEVER there are a LOT of caveats to the logic I just used. The least of which is you are (hopefully) using buprenorphine sublingually, so the BA of that would be less than IV. I know from personal experience that 0.5mg intranasal buprenorphine (again it has a slightly higher BA intranasal than sublingual) will keep me good and well (and buzzed) with a 40mg+/day hydrocodone tolerance.

Basically, start low and work your way up to a dose that holds you. Just make sure to start super super low with buprenorphine, because it is a very potent opioid. It's hard to OD on compared to other opioids, but even without getting into life threatening territory taking too much can make you sick for 48+ hours.

Last edited by a moderator: