• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 409: Minimalism

Please vote for your favorite submission!

• 1. F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. MsDiz

• 3. Littana

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 4. Xorkoth

• 5. Cheshire_Kat

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 6. SnafuInTheVoid

• 7. chinup

• 8. bongdong

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 9. BK38

• 10. ControlDaddy

• 11. mal3volent

• 12. blistersinthedark

• 13. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 14. Wizard of the Creek

• 15. negrogesic

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 16. cduggles

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow the pics in this thread made me realize, something I've always felt, but only now realized:

All pictures are 1000 words, but some are even more. The difference between a good and a great picture is how much is speaks to you, how many extra words you can extract beyond the standard amount. The best pictures are more than dots of color, but also have a narrative to them, an emotion, a feel, a sound, a touch, a smell... some pictures seem alive like their own little physical and metaphysical place in time expressed with more than just the sense of vision

damn I'm really craving some LSD right now >_<

@Littana Thought about posting a similar bird-silhouette-thing (only in b&w), but then something else came along. Second one looks like some epipremnum aureum variant? I like them, pretty, but robust and low maintenance..
yes it is! trying to save it cos the motherplant is dying and after a month it finally made a root so im gonna chop the rest too, i got Marble ones too and looking N'Joy

I'm not sure if this fits or not, but it's seasonal and I personally like it.

tHPBfg6.jpg

This is the one I’m entering, taken today when breaking and entering into an old RAF base. Top tip, security can’t chase you when you’re on railway tracks.

l

True that. Health and safety regulations these days only prevent people from doing their jobs (or at least gives them a bloody good excuse for not doing their jobs).

I call them fuckin lazy cunts...

The red buds are out in force, I just really noticed it today. Absolutely gorgeous, I love this time of year because of them. When the flowers open, they're only slightly lighter than the closed buds in your picture, but so purple/pink they almost seem to leave spots in my vision. They're everywhere here, it's glorious.

Some great submissions so far! But it would be nice to get more! I'll keep this open for a little while longer before closing submissions and opening voting.

Some great submissions so far! But it would be nice to get more! I'll keep this open for a little while longer before closing submissions and opening voting.

When I'm voting, I'm always torn between the one I find most visually appealing and the one that fits the brief the best.

Does anyone else have this dilemma?

Wow, that is absolutely stunning!

When I'm voting, I'm always torn between the one I find most visually appealing and the one that fits the brief the best.

yeah, definitely. I usually go for the one that speaks to me the most, as long as it does fit the theme in a way that makes sense to me. Even if some other photo does fit the theme better but it appeals less to me.

Nice photos! 😋

You bet! And several other ones too. At the risk of sounding a bit schizophrenic, but it's usually on 'me' to prevent my mind from totally going off the deep end. o_O I try to remember myself that it's all very relative.

Like, has anyone ever ponderd, how much of a difference the forum color style one has chosen makes, in regard to the perception of a photograph here? I think it's huge! It could potentially accentuate/complement or basically 'break' an image. Imagine a photo with a monochromatic harmony that happens to fights the e.g. eye-cancer baby-blue scheme. 🤯 And of course there are other factors too, like some apparently surf BL on their smartphones, others may dissect things with a fine display, what webbrowsers do with images, colorspaces and profiles, the individual psychological conditioning one brings to it that also 'colors' an image, etc. etc. See what I mean? 😁

And @Xorkoth has yet jerked another swell of photos out of you guys! 😅 I suspect there is some subliminal programming going on! (Investigation pending! There is a fun book by Leonard Mlodinow on that too..) Or maybe it's just the weekend..