• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 406: Isolation

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. PtahTek

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 2. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3. dreamflyer

• 4. DeadManWalkin'

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 5. madness00

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 6. PrincessDiz

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. bongdong

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 11. Celestial_Robot_Cat

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 12. chinup

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 13. Xorkoth

• 14. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 15. Mysterier

• 16. sdxyln

• 17. thegreenhand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Celestial_Robot_Cat Nice photo, the fence and wire conveys a kind of cold violence of this forced seperation to the background, where some life seems to happen, and the bokeh highlights/contrasts the overall gloomy and hopeless tone.

Thank you, appreciate you providing your thoughts! That's the general feeling I was going for--coldness and a sense of being on the outside. Kind of how I felt living by myself inside for months, I wanted to convey that emotion somehow.

plus it's crap the way it frames images. It's very self-promoting.

I don't like that either but you just go to the images link under your profile and it shows all of your raw photos and gives you links to them. It's easy to remove the frames.

Hmph. What’s going on with BL? I got a notification that you ^ quoted my post ... and led me to here. Which I never posted in this thread. And I’m not kaden_nite. weird glitch ?

Hmph. What’s going on with BL? I got a notification that you ^ quoted my post ... and led me to here. Which I never posted in this thread. And I’m not kaden_nite. weird glitch ?

No what happened was that I accidentally quoted you in here because I had multi quoted you in a Lounge thread, and then I edited it out in here and went and replied there.

Okay, so I think the way that I removed the border was to copy the URL on Imgur under "BB Link", then paste it in here under "Insert Link". When I try to do it under "Insert Image" or "Insert Media" I get an error message. I've posted pictures of my artwork on other forums and it's worked there as well. Hope that helps.

Best Wishes!!!
Dreamflyer

Ughhh I still can’t get rid of the border fixed it for you -mal

qd5WeKj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yo mogul u shut up

u dig here

diz

don't listen

never ever make aesthetics again

ewwwww rather you than me! glad you had a respirator on. you are a great photographer.

when i was at highschool a friends parents bought a house that had been empty, but locked (was in the middle of nowhere so not attractive to squatters etc), for like 70 years and one of the toilets had a poo in it. 70 year old poo! your picture reminded me of that.

ewwwww rather you than me! glad you had a respirator on. you are a great photographer.

when i was at highschool a friends parents bought a house that had been empty, but locked (was in the middle of nowhere so not attractive to squatters etc), for like 70 years and one of the toilets had a poo in it. 70 year old poo! your picture reminded me of that.
Hahaha! That’s crazy! They were stinky! This was an old asylum I was taking pics in. Spooky at times, doors were opening in the distance and we could hear footsteps but there was no one else in the building. I got keys for it, it was locked up tight with security cameras and alarms etc.

oh god rather you than me!! that sounds terrifying!! i don't believe in ghosts but stuff like that would make me reconsider.

oh god rather you than me!! that sounds terrifying!! i don't believe in ghosts but stuff like that would make me reconsider.
Hahah I am total skeptic too tbh! It was very strange though and made me wonder wtf is going on.