• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 406: Isolation

Please review the submissions on the first page and choose your favorite!

• 1. PtahTek

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 2. SnafuInTheVoid

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 3. dreamflyer

• 4. DeadManWalkin'

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 5. madness00

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 6. PrincessDiz

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 7. mal3volent

• 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. bongdong

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • 11. Celestial_Robot_Cat

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 12. chinup

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • 13. Xorkoth

• 14. Captain.Heroin

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 15. Mysterier

• 16. sdxyln

• 17. thegreenhand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I eventually figured out how to remove that annoying Imgur border. Unfortunately now I can't remember how I did it! :LOL:

I think I just followed the directions that Xorkoth printed out.

@Xorkoth what if my pic is of a shy mushroom as well?

PmX6SRZ.jpg

Then it's a battle between our shy mushrooms.

Can/should i submit something too? *is thinking about it* :unsure:

Yes for sure. :)

Love your submission. :)

The best and easiest way to remove the annoying Imgur border, is by not using Imgur.

Because it's terrible.

img.bb is the way to fly.

I notice that depending on region, people either prefer imgur or imgbb. Personally I like Imgur more, I have never had a single problem with it whatsoever, and the app makes it really easy to take pictures and upload them directly with my phone, then I go into my images there and paste the images in rather than the post (on my PC, I never post on BL on my phone, typing on phones sucks ass, give me a proper keyboard for the love of god).

I notice that depending on region, people either prefer imgur or imgbb. Personally I like Imgur more, I have never had a single problem with it whatsoever, and the app makes it really easy to take pictures and upload them directly with my phone, then I go into my images there and paste the images in rather than the post (on my PC, I never post on BL on my phone, typing on phones sucks ass, give me a proper keyboard for the love of god).
Imgur pics didn't show up on my last phone so I grew to resent it, plus it's crap the way it frames images. It's very self-promoting.

ImgBB is just like "you got a picture you want online? BAM! Done!".

No show-offy frame either.

Imgur pics didn't show up on my last phone so I grew to resent it, plus it's crap the way it frames images. It's very self-promoting.

ImgBB is just like "you got a picture you want online? BAM! Done!".

No show-offy frame either.

The only quirk with imgbb is that it can add links to random sites under your picture. These are easily deleted though.

shoot on a canon sure shot zoom-s using cinestill800t 35mm film.
Nice shot; colors and reflection. Is this some random dude or a homeless person? How do you develop or port your analog photography? Are you into vintage or lomo stuff etc. ? Sorry for the amount of questions..

thanks. i don't shoot the unaware homeless as an ethics rule. that dude is waiting for a bus that will not be coming for while. i love film photography. it's tungsten based film stock out of a $5 goodwill camera because that's what i happened to be shooting that night. scanned on an old fuji sp3000.

isolation%2B2%2Bbluelight.jpg

here's what is at least my place holder. shoot on a canon sure shot zoom-s using cinestill800t 35mm film.
This is a great picture for this theme.
I think there could be room for improvement, like you going kneeling when taking the photo and little bit better quality, but this does the job.
I love different angles when taking pictures.

Oh cool, photography threads! I hope I'm doing this right, let me know if I needed to add something. After going through my photos, this'll be my only entry as the rest of my images don't fit the theme.

To me, this image represents the feeling of utter isolation felt during the first bit of covid. One of the few photos I took when I wasn't staying in my house 24/7.

f/2.8 | 1/40 sec shutter speed | 52mm focal length | ISO 800 | Single shot, edited in Lightroom.

PTRe5rg.jpg

Last edited:
@Celestial_Robot_Cat Nice photo, the fence and wire conveys a kind of cold violence of this forced seperation to the background, where some life seems to happen, and the bokeh highlights/contrasts the overall gloomy and hopeless tone.

If you zoom in on this image you should be able to see the solitary aeroplane isolated in the clear blue sky....
Am i stupid? Where is it? You mean the condensation trail?