• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 402: Snapshots

Please vote for your favorite entry from among the below contestants!

• 1. mal3volent

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 2. Xorkoth

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 3. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4. Zopiclone bandit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. schizopath

• 6. nuttynutskin

• 7. Lizzy1Fair

• 8. Rhokc

• 10. andyturbo

• 11. chinup

• 12. DopeM

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 13. F.U.B.A.R.

• 14. katykattt

• 15. Tubbs

• 16. madness00

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome colours. I love it.

Thank you. 😃👍
Lake Powell is my favorite place on Earth. There is something about this area that makes your spirit just soar. It is magical!

I have gone out on a raft with some scuba headgear (I wanted to see what it looked like underneath the water) and an underwater light and called fish to me (somehow by using my spirit) and I had huge and I am talking HUGE fish swarming around me. They were rubbing all up against me. They were taking me way out on the Lake. I had to yell to my friends to come get me. They told me to just jump off and swim back and I was like, “NO Come get me NOW! I have huge fish swarming me. I’m not getting off this raft.“ Just then I had a monster fish like shark size or bigger rub his body right up against mine and I screamed. They said “okay, we are coming“ and they were amazed when they got to me. They said “OMG we can see them, they are everywhere.” I said “I KNOW “ and jumped into their arms on the back of the boat to get out of the water. My friend tried to do it the next evening and he even used bread to try and get them to come but not one single fish came. He said to me, “How did you do that?” I told him “Well, you have to call them.“ He looked at our other friend and said “You have to call them!? “ He just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head and I smiled. Haha!😃

yeah, the water was just glass on that morning and if you look closely you can see the wake that some huge fish are leaving.
They round up smaller fish into groups and force them down those canyons and then they feast.
It is amazing to watch.
This was at Gunsight Butte. Lake Powell is HUGE. I mean you cannot even drive at full speed on a fast boat all day and make it from one Marina to the other. It has all kinds of canyons that go back in there. So cool to explore. It eventually leads to the Colorado River and The Grand Canyon.

Last edited:
I am telling you guys, you do want this lake!
Besides being miraculously stunningly beautiful- pictures cannot even do it justice in the slightest.
IT IS A MAGICAL PLACE!

Come on down to Utah/ Arizona. This Lake crosses two states!

Painful One,

Thank you so much for sharing such a breathtaking image!

I've been to Lake Powell before, but just for like 3 or 4 hours, it was our last family trip before my dad got too sick to travel. My siblings can't ever get much time off work and my sister and her husband planned a 4 day/4 night trip out west... we went to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Lake Powell, and Vegas. I didn't get to see very much of the lake at all but the whole area is so amazing. My favorite was Zion actually, I wanted to stay there a lot longer. I wanted to stay in each place longer really, it was way too whirlwind of a trip for me. But still something I'll always remember.

Thank you. 😃👍
Lake Powell is my favorite place on Earth. There is something about this area that makes your spirit just soar. It is magical!

I have gone out on a raft with some scuba headgear (I wanted to see what it looked like underneath the water) and an underwater light and called fish to me (somehow by using my spirit) and I had huge and I am talking HUGE fish swarming around me. They were rubbing all up against me. They were taking me way out on the Lake. I had to yell to my friends to come get me. They told me to just jump off and swim back and I was like, “NO Come get me NOW! I have huge fish swarming me. I’m not getting off this raft.“ Just then I had a monster fish like shark size or bigger rub his body right up against mine and I screamed. They said “okay, we are coming“ and they were amazed when they got to me. They said “OMG we can see them, they are everywhere.” I said “I KNOW “ and jumped into their arms on the back of the boat to get out of the water. My friend tried to do it the next evening and he even used bread to try and get them to come but not one single fish came. He said to me, “How did you do that?” I told him “Well, you have to call them.“ He looked at our other friend and said “You have to call them!? “ He just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head and I smiled. Haha!😃

yeah, the water was just glass on that morning and if you look closely you can see the wake that some huge fish are leaving.
They round up smaller fish into groups and force them down those canyons and then they feast.
It is amazing to watch.
This was at Gunsight Butte. Lake Powell is HUGE. I mean you cannot even drive at full speed on a fast boat all day and make it from one Marina to the other. It has all kinds of canyons that go back in there. So cool to explore. It eventually leads to the Colorado River and The Grand Canyon.

When I think of the USA that's the kind of image that comes to mind. I'm so into the natural world,it's so beautiful and as real as you can get. Your experience sounds so magical. I think I would've been a bit freaked out by the size of some of those fish you described. I used to watch a UK program called "River Monsters" and the guy went to the river Ganges in India where huge Catfish feed off of the partially cremated bodies of the dead,some of them have got a taste of human flesh and have taken children and small adults who play and bathe there.

If I ever get the chance to visit the states I would go there. Thanks for sharing your amazing picture and experience Painful one.