• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Sublocade

Looks like insurance would sure help:
The wholesale acquisition cost (WAC) of SUBLOCADE in the U.S. will be $1,580 per monthly dose. The price for both the 100 mg and 300 mg doses of SUBLOCADE will be the same.

Well I'll tell you guys the truth next week I will have the injection my insurance just aproved it so yeah happy. I've been on Subs for like six to eight years so I will let everybody know how it works I'm getting a 300 mg because I need the most of everything lol✌?

Maybe it works like a nicotine patche ?????
I'm scared my Dr is the first one to do this in this area and I'm #1 patient wish ya boy luck with this-!!

I made a post about this in OD a few weeks ago. This is what I think.
Another way for big pharma to profit off the opioid epidemic. Come in one time a month to get injected to a new drug. Old drug new name. Buprenorphine by injection. First side effect is constipation. Highly likely with buprenorphine continuously in your system for an entire month. No thank you. Low dose buprenorphine is the way to go sublingually in the AM after you have gone to the bathroom.

Buprenorphine like most opiates should be in your system at low normal levels during the AM. The drug should then slowly come out of your body over the next 24 hours. If you have bupe constantly in your system at all times of the day your gut is going to hate you for it. Your body requires time to pass the drug through so that by the next day you can hopefully go to the bathroom. Not likely to happen if bupe is constantly in your system for an entire month.

Sublocade is a great way as far as I am concerned to high jack your body and shut down your gut. Constantly stopping your gut from the normal process it goes through is not good for your health.

Take bupe sublingually low dose in the AM and get some excercise eat well and digest well. Hopefully the next day you can go to the bathroom. Big pharma wants another way to reformulate an old drug, make a bunch of money while covering up the side effects. Not for me .I think I will stick to SL suboxone 1x each day so I can digest my food . Any posters with experience taking this new forumaltion let us know how it works.​

Last edited:
Another way for big pharma to profit off the opioid epidemic. Come in one time a month to get injected to a new drug. Old drug new name. Buprenorphine by injection. First side effect is constipation. Highly likely with buprenorphine constantly in your system for an antire month. No thank you. Low dose buprenorphine is the way to go sublingually in the AM after you have gone to the bathroom.

Buprenorphine like most opiates should be in your system at low normal levels during the AM. The drug should then slowly come out of your system over the next 24 hours. If you have bupe constantly in your system at all times of the day your gut is going to hate you for it. Your body requires time to pass the drug through your system so that by the next day you can hopefully go to the bathroom. Not likely to happen if bupe is constetly in your system for an entire month.

. Sublocade is a great way as far as I am concerned to high jack your system and shut down your gut. Constetlly stopping your gut from the normal process it goes through is not good for your health.

Take bupe sublingually low dose in the AM and get some excercise eat well and digest well. Hopefully the next day you can go to the bathroom. Big pharma wants another way to reformulate an old drug, make a bunch of money while covering up the side effects. Not for me .I think I will stick to SL suboxone 1x each day so I can digest my food . Any posters with experience taking this new forumaltion let us know how it works.​

I understand that lol my body adjusted to the bupe ect.. I still poop everyday but I'm getting the injection today so I will let you know how it works-!!

Ok I will try to make this as brief as possible I just had 300 mg sublocade shot today at my doctor's office it hurts pretty bad it's forming a Depot but I will report back later on how I feel I don't feel that I need Suboxone yet I don't feel no withdrawal or anything like that so that's amazing going well there it's only been like 3 hours so there's hope out there....

ok well if any 1 was wandering at all what happened i have had 1 300mg injection 3 weeks ago i get another 300 mg next week i was just letting u all know its painless switch u will not get sick nothing i have been on sub since about 2009-2010 ish so im in great relief in i dont think about the suboxone its just there just letting others know it`s ok i would recomend to a person on around 8-12mg a day a nice amount i would say, try it doc once a month no pharmacy all easy stuff sublocade works i havent touched a sub in 3 weeks thats amazing in my eyes so have fuN LIVE LONG ----------..---------.................-------

I received my first dose of sublocade, and was just curious...what happens if you do rub the injection? I am curious due to instructions stating not to? Does it release more? I'm just curious. Oh...and for first 2 days, I felt euphoria, which is strange, because I was taking 2 12mg subs a day before I started injection. I did wean down a week before, per Doctors instructions... however, this was different.

2nd injection it's works amazing don't be scared it works great
Thanks for your posts, you could have been posting for me as it was like reading about myself...I have just received my first 300mg injection after being on Suboxone for about 8 years, I was not the best patient on subs so I am hoping this does what I am praying it will do..very good posts and please keeping updating...GOOD LUCK

Well I received my initial 300mg Sublocade injection this morning. After 2 hours I am feeling great, no negative effects so far. The injection burns like crazy but it subsided pretty quick and is well worth the pain if it helps

No prob man I'm on my 2nd 300mg shot last week and it actually has helped me a lot I wish u the best keep in touch

Yes it burns a lil bit yes the good feeling happens every time you get a new shot :)

Another way for big pharma to profit off the opioid epidemic. Come in one time a month to get injected to a new drug. Old drug new name. Buprenorphine by injection. First side effect is constipation. Highly likely with buprenorphine constantly in your system for an antire month. No thank you. Low dose buprenorphine is the way to go sublingually in the AM after you have gone to the bathroom.

Buprenorphine like most opiates should be in your system at low normal levels during the AM. The drug should then slowly come out of your system over the next 24 hours. If you have bupe constantly in your system at all times of the day your gut is going to hate you for it. Your body requires time to pass the drug through your system so that by the next day you can hopefully go to the bathroom. Not likely to happen if bupe is constetly in your system for an entire month.

. Sublocade is a great way as far as I am concerned to high jack your system and shut down your gut. Constetlly stopping your gut from the normal process it goes through is not good for your health.

I agrree with this. At the end of the day just a good sub (subutex not suboxone ) routine needs to be worked out. Or maybe this will be good after a subs routine then switching over to this. I was on Subutex for a very long time and then swapped over to methadone and tapered myself of that and that seemed to work like a bomb. But another thing you need to keep in mind is that docs get a kickback so to speak about the meds they prescribe regardless of what it is. So they will rather give A then B because they gain more from that.

Thanks euphoricc...I read your posts on another forum and see you have been in the same desperate places I have been. It’s great to see the difference now. I notice my medication from time to time as it seems I get a dose from the depot but mainly I just feel normal. So did you notice anything with the second injection, it seems like that’s when the dose really picks up. Keep doing great man, and thanks for the posts

In my opinion what we need is more access to MAT services in rural areas. In some southern states the bupe docs are cash only. They prescribe the highest dose to clients because they know the client will sell half so they can help pay for the treatment or go a number of months without having to pay the high fees. This according to a recent interview on Fresh air.

In other states mental health clinics are closing down, moving or experiencing overload. Just getting services is hard. More therapeutic groups interacting with your providers and others in recovery using MAT more often is part of suboxone treatment. We do not need more reformulations we need better access to basic medications and therapeutic services. Big pharma should be pumping out billions into evidenced based treatment services for people who can't even access suboxone in the first place.

Many people need the SL form and they need extra for financial reasons, living situations and other environments that limit access to services. There is no way you can stock up on sublocade. How about moving for a month and switching services. That's the best time to have access to a few months worth of medication given programs have waiting lists and switching insurance can be a nightmare. How about your doctor loses his license or stops working with addicts. No extra meds on hand then to help you out until you can find a new doctor. Just another reason to have your freedom in how you are able to use your medication.

I just feel like they are clamping down in so many ways which push users to copping from the streets. It makes me feel like boycotting this type of treatment in which they have total control over your dosing. Then to compound the issue the new regulations on pain medications have done nothing to lower the overall overdose rates from opioids. Or how they made Suboxone a brand name drug for so long with no generics because of their supposedly special formulation that included naloxone to deter misuse. I am always skeptical of some of these new drugs.

Prescottdave...I live in a rural area and we have exactly 1 physician that provides MAT...he is general practitioner that has taken up the fight against addiction. This is just within the past two years and before that it was exactly as you stated, a cash only doc that wouldn’t even talk about insurance and prescribed whatever you requested, no questions asked. I am hoping that we get a few more docs in our little community. The one that we do have is great, and he is serious about helping. My visits are $12 and he has waived that a few times. He has numerous ways for assistance on medication payment. I personally paid cash for my Suboxone but only pay $38 for the Sublocade because it’s the only thing my insurance covers. For addiction to be such a wide spread problem and all the public outcry, why no docs? Everyone wants the problem fixed without helping to fix it.

Thanks euphoricc...I read your posts on another forum and see you have been in the same desperate places I have been. It?s great to see the difference now. I notice my medication from time to time as it seems I get a dose from the depot but mainly I just feel normal. So did you notice anything with the second injection, it seems like that?s when the dose really picks up. Keep doing great man, and thanks for the posts
Well i feel normal def can tell when the depo is releasing meds i know its working cause im not sick ~!!! and i havent had sub for 6 weeks now im pleased with the shot. hope all is well.

In my opinion what we need is more access to MAT services in rural areas. In some southern states the bupe docs are cash only. They prescribe the highest dose to clients because they know the client will sell half so they can help pay for the treatment or go a number of months without having to pay the high fees. This according to a recent interview on Fresh air.

In other states mental health clinics are closing down, moving or experiencing overload. Just getting services is hard. More therapeutic groups interacting with your providers and others in recovery using MAT more often is part of suboxone treatment. We do not need more reformulations we need better access to basic medications and therapeutic services. Big pharma should be pumping out billions into evidenced based treatment services for people who can't even access suboxone in the first place.

Many people need the SL form and they need extra for financial reasons, living situations and other environments that limit access to services. There is no way you can stock up on sublocade. How about moving for a month and switching services. That's the best time to have access to a few months worth of medication given programs have waiting lists and switching insurance can be a nightmare. How about your doctor loses his license or stops working with addicts. No extra meds on hand then to help you out until you can find a new doctor. Just another reason to have your freedom in how you are able to use your medication.

I just feel like they are clamping down in so many ways which push users to copping from the streets. It makes me feel like boycotting this type of treatment in which they have total control over your dosing. Then to compound the issue the new regulations on pain medications have done nothing to lower the overall overdose rates from opioids. Or how they made Suboxone a brand name drug for so long with no generics because of their supposedly special formulation that included naloxone to deter misuse. I am always skeptical of some of these new drugs.

what did wwie do with sars or bird flu we all came together to help mankind wdf is going on now ?????? i .m.o same thing should happen with fda ect...

I just started this new drug called sublocade it is 300 mg of suboxone and a higher potency of the blocking agent (vivitrol) in it. It?s supposed to last 30 days. I never effing liked vivitrol cuz it enduced a huge morbid feeling of dread and depression for the whole year I was on it. Shocker...the vivitrol was actually blocking and preventing any of my happy endorphins to be triggered. Not only was it prohibiting me from feeling seretonin increases and euphoria from opiets it also literally Blocked WITH A VENGEANCE ALL OF MY ENDORPHINS. Ya that?s a real blast dealing with in early recovery and raising two kids. So now my new sublocade suboxone shot it?s literally doing the same exact thing. Everyone looks at me like I?m a walking zombie lazy sack of shit but little do they know I am
Pumped full of 300mgs and a 30 day dose of this brand new on the market shitty drug. Talk about a complete shock to
My 100 pound body. How do doctors think this is safe? Anyways. I also am having withdrawals. This shot was supposed to disperse about 8 mgs of suboxone every morning and let?s just say I wake up dope sick and go to bed prefusly sweating. I can only sleep with 50 mg of melatonin and clonodine. I need to convince my parents this isn?t working (they literally forced me to try it ) and if they don?t believe me I am going to have to continue to legit walk around in a dope sick daze where I?m too weak to lift anything and too wretched and delicate to shower because the water is like morbid torturous pain. I haven?t laughed in about a month. And have been ALARMINGLY depressed. I?m only 30 years old. Oh it also leaves a lump on ur stomach which is completely painful. It?s like getting a shot of 300cc and missing the fukn vein and shooting suboxone into the skin ! It?s literally abuse !