• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sublingual Methadone

That is my point. Oral Methadone works just fine. Although, BA technically can range from 40-95%, however manipulating PH pretty much guarantees high BA, mild-moderate enzyme inhibitors can yield well over 90%, and a longer half-life.

To the user below:

As I said, high dose IV Methadone CAN produce a surprising rush, especially if there is already some in your system.

But on MMT, tolerance gets so high it would be pointless. Faster onset, but you'd need a 5ml syringe.

I cannot think of a single opioid(or really a good benzo*) that works effectively SL, except buprenorphine, and even it has fairly low-moderate BA, unless you dissolve it in water, and then 50% at best.
Oh, ok now I see. Well my experience with SL methadone is that it seems to hit a lot faster than oral with a similar overall effect mostly cuz I end up swallowing most of it anyway. I have now tried pre-gargling with baking soda, and that probably increases overall effect a bit but is kind of a hassle. However, if it's good for my mouth, I'll keep on gargling w/ baking soda. Anybody know?

Are subs or methadone effective as painkillers? I'm beginning to realize that, like so many others, I just can't quit. I need help. I'm in Canada and I don't even know where to start. I don't really want to tell my pain doc that I've been sniffing dope all day every day these past years. I guess I have to come clean if I can't beat it this time.

^^^methadone is a full mu opioid agonist and in my experience provides excellent pain relief and is very potent

Are subs or methadone effective as painkillers? I'm beginning to realize that, like so many others, I just can't quit. I need help. I'm in Canada and I don't even know where to start. I don't really want to tell my pain doc that I've been sniffing dope all day every day these past years. I guess I have to come clean if I can't beat it this time.

Methadone seems to be a great pain killer as it's potent, a full agonist and NMDA antagonist, but q/t prolongation is a concern

Methadone is so f'n good for pain. However, requesting a DNA test to find which drug would be most potent at small doses is smart :)