• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Subhelp/Subhell

Jaysoul

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if I'm typing this in the right category or not. It's not somebody point me in the right direction. I've been on subs for a year. 12 mg a day going lower to 8 mg a couple times...only allowing my prescriber to blames some of my symptom on lowering. I feel more and more like I'm slipping away further then I did when I was on dope. There's always that scare I'm going through withdrawal and reading how bad it is here. I've got to withdrawals a couple of times for a day or 2.. horrible....worse than H. Does this Journey end 4 people like me?. Or should I plan to be on Subs the rest of my life.? On one hand, I've rescued myself from heroin, only to be trapped by Subs. What to do what to do???? any advice would help. Im willing to try just about anything to break this bond that I thought subs were going to help.Thanks hope all is well

have you tried Kratom?
I feel like a lot of it is in your head because you shouldn't even be feeling withdrawals till the 3rd day or so after being on 8mg for a year. Try to not hype yourself up . Many people here have tapered sub all the way down to .01 . so stopping at 8mg is a really high dose. If you really want off then follow a good tapering schedule and if you need a crutch when you stop look into Kratom. I don't like to recommend loperamide because you have to take really high doses and from what I've read its pretty toxic but if you can get relief in the 8mg range whic ive read some people say that helps then you can try that to.
And last case scenario if you cant get off the subs then a sub life is for sure better then a dope life.

You can get off sub but you have to taper very low. Like 100 micrograms low. If you do a proper taper and have comfort meds it's very doable. Let me know if you want me to set up a taper schedule for you

^^This. Take cj up on the tapering plan. He's great at it. He's definitely who I plan to ask when and if the time comes that I want to get off of Subutex.

Being on subs, imo, is way way better than being on dope. I can live a responsible life while on Subutex. I cannot shooting dope.

Take a breath. It's very possible and doable to get off of them. You have to be patient. Slow and steady. Good luck! You can do it! ❤️

It's doable. I went all the way down to .01mg before I quit. And had an easier time with the final jump than I did with tapering. It's now been something like 32 days off everything but a tiny bit of weed. If you need any help feel free to ask.

Hi everyone. 1st time posting. I've started 16mg of subutex yesterday. Been on hydro-oxy and every painkiller except herion for 8+ years. recently I've been taking 4-6 80mg oxycontin's a day. And im done with that shit. So i started my subs.

I do not feel that great even on 16mg a day. Should i go up? Anyone with experience tell me if what im feeling is normal? Or too soon to tell? Any help greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way I've read these forums for a while now. It's great to see people actually helping other people on here. I really think its a beautiful thing bluelight even exist.

Go down to 8mg, then 6, then 4, then 2mg and hold there for a while. You can taper lower like CJ said too.

It just takes patience, dedication to your recovery and a lot of hard work.

VINXY: 6x 80mg oxycodone is quite high and you probably won't feel well for a while; 16mg might even be too much despite how enormous your habit was.

Stay strong guys!