• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subcutaneous buprenorphine

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
Although I usually snort my buprenorphine (subutex) on a usual basis....

But I occasionally prepare It for IV use (using a wheel filter) for a special treat, as I mix it with a couple milligrams of clonazolam.. However there are times when I just can't seem to fucking register,

SO: is a subcutaneous injection effective, at least from a bioavailability point of view? Or does insufflation have a higher BA than either of these ROAs?

Please do not do this, in the strongest possible terms. This is inviting infection, abscess, and all sorts of unpleasant complications.

If you just simply can't register dissolve it in a normal saline nasal spray and use it that way.

Isn't SC skin popping? Regardless, SKL called it, that's just asking for trouble. Prep it like you normally would, then plug it. That ROA works quite well with both medications.

Please do not take this as being arrogant, but it seems as if the first response was read... W/o reading barely any of it on its own as if it were a playboy magazine. So I am going to more thoroughly repost my inquiry, getting some straight answers In the process hopefully.

I would prefer journal references to any of these horrible health diseases im at risk for (even though I never claimed I was considering micron filtered substances)

And if anyone is interested in responding please do read my follow up/more thorough post.

Last edited:
MICRON filter for subcutaneous buprenorphine

Bit mentioned I use a micron filter so there are minimal binders/fillers/etc present- just the buprenorphine & occasional mix of 1-2mg clonazolam- which is also either weighed out or volumetricly dosed.

So my question still stands- as a once in a while treat when I do occasionally slam my buprenorphine (not much of a difference in effectiveness btw unless combined w/ a low dose benzo, hence why I use small amounts of pure clonazolam, THEN it's a world of. Dofference)....

SO Not trying to be rude Here, but this is my routine like it or not i am going to keep doing this on occasion. So some HE related would be appreciated.

With that in mind I'd still like an educated answer (although appreciate your concern SKL.. Just seemed you ignored or overlooked a lot of my post)

To my question- Which ROA has a higher BA? Subcutaneous buprenorphine injection when I can't register IV (AGAIN- using a micron filter) Along w/ mcg weighed or volumetricy dosed out PURE clonazolam (making this my once in a while cocktail bliss, since IV'd buprenorphine isnt muxh different than insufflated use IMO aside from a slightly 5-10min quicker onset & way shorter duration of action. It also has ZERO rush or opioidergic effects unless benzos/sedatives are invoked)NOTE: this is very dangerous. Do NOT i I inject & start very low if you insist on this mixture

Or is purely insufflated buprenorphine possess higher BA? I am sure IM buprenorphine would have the highest BA besides IV.. but my funds are bit tied up to purchase more gear

Apologies in advance SKL for acting a bit annoyed & dickish as you are purely & honorably basing your response on HR etiquette.

Isn't SC skin popping? Regardless, SKL called it, that's just asking for trouble.

But I am quite annoyed that every poster, including yourself, has regurgitated the same answers-. all while ignoring the facts I use wheel filters w/ IV'ing any sort of pill(subutex in this case)--& when mixed w/ clonazolam--it is weighed out precisely volumetrically using PG and/or w/ a mcg scale.

So given all this in mind I would still appreciate an informed response on buprenorphine's BA via the subcutaneous IV route versus buprenorphine's BA via insufflation.

I appreciate the warnings guys but its getting a bit old when I practice the upmost HR care as it is

Last edited:
it's still a bit dodgy to inject this subcutaneously regardless.

it will have a higher BA than snorted bupe, but it's just not worth the risk.

if you're not able to register for IV then youre probably not gonna get the buzz/rush you seek. IM/SC comes on about the same rate as snorted/plugged so better to use a safer ROA and use slightly more of your chemical of choice, no?

The BA with subcut should be every bit as effective as IM as it is with Morphine imo. I get annoyed when people claim greater infection with subcut shots. If you're shooting gear that gives you infections when you miss (and I reckon most base subcut warnings on their missed shot experiences) then don't be thinking IV's gonna save you. I'd rather have an abscess on my stomach drained than the valves on my heart replaced.

That said, subcutaneously injecting dirty gear probably will lead to infection but so will IV, it's just that you can see the results of an infected shot, no one thinks about the organ damage they can't see till it really is almost too late.....getting shortness of breath, tired all the time and your blood pressure seems fuct when you almost pass out when standing up? Then it's time to get an echo on your heart. If you're lucky enough to have caught it in time then a surgeon can fit you up with a nice new valve with one previous owner - a pig.

Jasinski DR et al. Sublingual versus subcutaneous buprenorphine in opiate abusers. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1989 May;45(5):513-9 said:
To compare the pharmacologic profiles of sublingually and subcutaneously administered buprenorphine, 10 healthy male subjects with histories of opiate abuse were given sublingually administered buprenorphine (1, 2, and 4 mg), subcutaneously administered buprenorphine (1 and 2 mg), and placebo in a double-blind, double-dummy, placebo-controlled study. All active buprenorphine dosages produced a significant degree of miosis but no significant changes in body temperature, blood pressure, or respiratory or heart rate. Buprenorphine produced varying degrees of euphoria related to dose and route of administration but little dysphoria and sedation, as assessed by subscales of the Addiction Research Center Inventory. Subject "liking" for buprenorphine was reported by both observers and subjects. The relative potency of sublingually to subcutaneously administered buprenorphine was calculated for both physiologic and behavioral parameters and found to be approximately two thirds. The results indicated that both sublingual and subcutaneous buprenorphine have a similar profile of effects in opiate abusers.

That said, even micron filtered I advose against subq bupe derived from a non-injection formulation. Just seems like an undue risk for a moderate gain at best.

^yeah I agree with this too, if it wasn't meant to be injected then you are taking very real risks. The bupe patches worry me the most when it comes to injection - the gum adhesive worries me most I think, reading stories of members shooting that shit freaks me out on their behalf.

it's still a bit dodgy to inject this subcutaneously regardless.

it will have a higher BA than snorted bupe, but it's just not worth the risk.

if you're not able to register for IV then youre probably not gonna get the buzz/rush you seek. IM/SC comes on about the same rate as snorted/plugged so better to use a safer ROA and use slightly more of your chemical of choice, no?

Thank you for at least attempting to read apart of my original post. buprenorphine, no matter its ROA has about the same effect (just differing onset/durations). I IV occasionally because I mix it with clonazolam; making IV bupe any remote fun in this combination.

otherwise i'd just insufflate my bupe all the time,b/c all routes seem to possess the same strength (unless IV'd, which while shortens durations, when combined w/ a benzo, the potency increases exponentially. However, even using wheel filters still burn out veins pretty quick so I only indulge once every few months... usually bupe+clonazolam or bupe+flubrozolam

The BA with subcut should be every bit as effective as IM as it is with Morphine imo. I get annoyed when people claim greater infection with subcut shots. If you're shooting gear that gives you infections when you miss (and I reckon most base subcut warnings on their missed shot experiences) then don't be thinking IV's gonna save you. I'd rather have an abscess on my stomach drained than the valves on my heart replaced.

That said, subcutaneously injecting dirty gear probably will lead to infection but so will IV, it's just that you can see the results of an infected shot, no one thinks about the organ damage they can't see till it really is almost too late.....getting shortness of breath, tired all the time and your blood pressure seems fuct when you almost pass out when standing up? Then it's time to get an echo on your heart. If you're lucky enough to have caught it in time then a surgeon can fit you up with a nice new valve with one previous owner - a pig.

Thanks for your response.. but I am tediously careful & clean w/ my gear--obsessively washing it..NO ONE shares it; & i have a specialized table that i always use hat gets cleaned w/ bleach product prior to every use. hell I go though a box of 100 alcohol swab pads in about a week or so & i've only been using daily for roughly a week so.

And since i have to backload w/ my rig using a thinner orla syringe (since i use propylene glycol & it wont draw up in a 27g rig); I don't "lick" the oral syringe like others seem to do out of habit. And i backload w/ previously boiled (but cooled) distilled water so i can properly slam. (usually takes a good 2-3mg of water to allow the solution to shoot through a 27g)

^That is fine and all but it does only minimize and not eliminate the risk of an infection or other health complications.
It only takes a one-time error, maybe due to being on a high dose of Benzos...

You seem to justify your intention and the fact is that it remains dangerous and very unnecessary to shoot Bupe subcutaneously from a harm reduction standpoint.

Thanks for your response.. but I am tediously careful & clean w/ my gear--obsessively washing it..NO ONE shares it; & i have a specialized table that i always use hat gets cleaned w/ bleach product prior to every use. hell I go though a box of 100 alcohol swab pads in about a week or so & i've only been using daily for roughly a week so.

And since i have to backload w/ my rig using a thinner orla syringe (since i use propylene glycol & it wont draw up in a 27g rig); I don't "lick" the oral syringe like others seem to do out of habit. And i backload w/ previously boiled (but cooled) distilled water so i can properly slam. (usually takes a good 2-3mg of water to allow the solution to shoot through a 27g)

^That is fine and all but it does only minimize and not eliminate the risk of an infection or other health complications.
It only takes a one-time error, maybe due to being on a high dose of Benzos...

You seem to justify your intention and the fact is that it remains dangerous and very unnecessary to shoot Bupe subcutaneously from a harm reduction standpoint.

Thanks for your concern friend.

But ya know i am a recovering dope addict & just started this 2 month IV benzo bender.. and IV uose is a fetish, if not an addiction[/I.] in and of itself! C'mon any fellow mainliners here should be well aware of what i'm talking about here. When I was drug court/intensive probation- i'd shoot water just to go through the routine!

HOWEVER
You'll all be very proud of me though! Was too fucked up to register (kept rolling veins, overshooting, bursting veins, couldn't hit, etc)
so merely transferred into these PERFECT red oral syringes (i think from walgreens? got a cap on their ends & everything & unusually thin for a 100 unit). So I plugged two times (my first experience so, LOTS OF VASOLINE, LOL)- IMO though IV is the strongest ROA, couldn't notice much difference between insufflation. & tbh subcutaneous still seemed somewhat more potent.
but than aany other ROA...but was prob way too fucked up to make a valid compariison hough

Bu I did read up on all the proper tips for plugging as to not lose any. & don't believe i did eiher.