• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sub withdrawal

Because sometimes you don't feel like shit or hate life when you are 100% clean lmao.

are you happy with where you are at now? I mean like is how you are feeling worth quitting the subs over? Is being "clean" that important to where life becomes awful? This is why I will say on suboxone indefinitely...

I hate to be that guy but from your last post it sounds like it could be the beginning of a run. If you relapse now you have a very high chance of dying but Im sure you know that

to me it just wasnt worth it, 3 years ago, I Tried weening off my subs, and I did, I got down to 0, but 3 weeks later I went into the worst relapse of my life, then i got back on subs because life was awful. What is the point of being miserable, feeling like shit, hating every second of life just to say we are 100% "clean"?

I don't get it..

For me personally, the feeling of knowing I was physically and mentally dependent on subs made me more miserable than staying on them.
I was tired of feeling shitty every morning until my sub kicked in. I would always think, if I'm going to be dependent on something, it might as well be something I enjoy. Subs didn't do anything for me, except keep me from being ill.
And I wasn't prescribed, so it was expensive.

To answer your question, yeah, I'm happy I did it.
I'm miserable, but what's keeping me going is knowing that this too shall pass.

sorry for kind of lieing, i just didnt want you to be on day one thinking wow i cant feel shitty for 2-3 weeks.,..

it will pass... you really need to go to meetings, or force yourself to do things, do not let boredom get the best of you.... honestly all i did for like 2 weeks was sit in bed and watch HOUSE or any tv show series you possible can... it does suck but IT WILL PASS

Update:

I'm at 19 days.... I got ahold of a few more benzos, bc the insomnia was driving me mad.
I find it fascinating how the withdrawals (in my experience, anyway) go through.. phases, almost? For example, this week I've been sneezing every 3 seconds, yawning constantly, shitting my brains out.... and I had none of those symptoms last week!
Crazy. Anyway...

CruelBri- don't be sorry. I'm glad you did, actually. You're completely right. I would've bugged out lol. I have been going to meetings, so that's good.

damn... day 19 jesus

ok i need to know some info...

because its the half life that stays in you so long maybe u didnt taper long enough being on 2 mg... and your basically w/d from a 8mg a day habit...

you basically have to take 2 mg for a whole month for the higher dose's half life to be out of your system and just having the 2mg halflife in your system right...?

tell us your taper regimen?

Wait what lol? How am I basically w/d'ing from an 8mg/day habit?

I was stabilized on 2mg for like..... months. Maybe 6. I jumped off at around 1mg I wanna say; I didn't really plan it out I just sort of winged it. The last few days I was trying to take less than 1mg.

How are you feeling? I have been on suboxone since May 2 after a 200mg a day oxy habit for years.. It's my third time at the sub rodeo in 6 years and by far the longest. I have been lucky I think to be stablized at very low doses each time. Right now I am taking 1mg a day. sometimes 2 and very rarely, 3mgs. For the most part I have been at 1mg for a month.. I feel like you, I would rather get off it completely. It does not produce any mental effects and I am sure it just keeps me from getting sick. Hopefully you are better and when I stop, I will let you know my journey

yea how u feeling now jurrrssseeyyy garlll

btw r u hot? can we E-date ill take you out to bluelight - mdma section.. well have a great time

That's good! ^ glad you have made it to 19 days, congrats Ark9. You have more will power than me, I couldn't do it! I have done it before, but not trying to quit them, just because I ran out too soon and had none left, and the pharm wouldn't fill my script... it was some of the worst withdrawls possible, and I had to work whilst in those withdrawls.. it was pure hell! I was a server, and I had a super busy day the one day I went to work feeling like total shit, like 3 days into the WD.. Wasn't easy, I tried to find something to get me through but couldn't.. the other time I had to kick sub, it was in jail, and that REALLLLY sucked! BIG TIME! Kicking both subs and klonopin in jail, I was only there for like 2 and a half days before I was released, but boy were those 3 days THE WORST 3 days of my life! Coming down off a giant a-pvp binge(which is something akin to coming down of meth, from what I here) while in WD from benzos and subs, the 3rd day, before I left later that day, they saw how fucked I looked, from WDing and saw me throwing up, and just sick as shit, and even this total bitch of a nurse, showed mercy on me and gave me 3 5mg valium, which didn't really do much, but still it helped.. Then I had to walk 10 miles, and ask people for money like a bum, panhandling for bus fare to get home 20 miles away! Pure fucking hell... And I was dehydrated, with temperatures in the 90s and humid as fuck, I literally was so thirsty I asked this girl at the bus stop who I had no idea who she was, if I could have some of her drink, and she said "HELL NAW CRACKA YOU THOWED!" lol, I was about to pass out, sick as shit, walked for 10 fucking miles because I had no ride home.. worst day ever. But when I FINALLY got home, it was like I was in heaven, with plenty of my meds, and my way out of those hellish withdrawls... Seriously.. good for you! I feel hopelessly dependent on subutex, I have been on maintenance for like 4-5 years off and on, relapsing a few times, and haven't touched dope or oxy, in like a year and a week exactly.. but still I am a prescription pill addict, and I know I could never easily get thru life, without subs and if not subs, than actual opiates/opioids, my brain is totally re-wired to think like that, because of how much dope/pharms and subs I have taken for so long.. I am past the point of just saying fuck it and quitting.. it sucks, but it could be worse.. I look at it like, at least I am not shooting dope, I am just doing subs instead, the obvious better choice... but the worsed to get off of! Hope all goes well for you from here on out ark9, your story was inspiring.. shows that people can quit subs without going back to dope, if they aren't too far gone like me.

Just hoping the original poster is doing ok... I was unable to get my prescription for 2 days so I have been 48 hours off. although I am getting my rx now as I had no intention to jump quite yet. I am actually a bit discouraged how not so well I feel. I had ZERO sleep last night and this is after only going 48 hours without my 1mg dose.. I know that there is some mental component to it.. Lying around my place, which I hate ( another subject for another day) adds to it. I even felt better driving down to the Doctor today for my appt

So I got my refill after being without 52 hours and that dose up till then was 1mg. It is truly amazing how well 2mgs made me feel 10 minutes after taking it. Now I am wondering if I should just dose every other day or taking it when I am feeling like I am having withdrawals.

Bupe has been a different opioid to withdrawal from for me in the past.
Sometimes I got pretty sick for 2 weeks and other times I got no WD what so ever.

everyone is different when it comes to WD's on all different opiates; I was able to jump off bupe w/ ease and was at 2MG/day. took me about a week but ended up slipping too often and went back on bupe at 2MG a day within a month or two; I thought it was me who was doing so good and not having to worry but the bupe sure did help me and still continues to help me. I am in no rush to get off I just happen to think at the time that I no longer needed it.. BUT I DO! lol

30-something days, bitches!!!! I still feel all of the mental effects, but physically I'm doing better.
Except that I've fainted two times since quitting... I feel like it might've been Xanax w/d?