• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sub Maintenance, then eight days of heroin. Precipitated withdrawal?

RubADubSub

Greenlighter
Hey, guys!

I've searched the internet and although I've found plenty of info involving sub withdrawal, precipitated withdrawal, etc, I haven't found anything specific enough.

Long story short: 14 year opiate addict, was on sub maintenance a year or two ago for almost a year, went back on heroin until this past November (2nd) where I was on sub maintenance until 8 days ago when I decided to withdrawal from subs using heroin. Before I "relapsed" I was one 24mgs per day (yea, yea, I know). I underestimated how much money I would need for this.

Anyway, I'm out of money and tomorrow I have a decision to make. just stop using everything altogether, or go back on subs. PLease don't just say to stop using everything because that's what is best for me; I appreciate it, but I know that already. There are few reasons why this is a tough decision. I wake up everyday now going through medium withdrawals. I have crazy stomach cramps, sweating, chills, and all that. However, I'm not sure if I am going through heroin withdrawal at this point, or suboxone withdrawal. If I stop now, I don't know how much longer it will last and how bad it will be. I'm doing about 25 bags a day of ok jersey/nyc dope.Oh, also, today I couldn't pickup until dinner time and so I took three doses of kratom throughout the day. 5mgs at 10:30, 5mgs at like 1:30, and 5mgs at like 4 or something. Not sure because I slept all day.

Am I going through heroin or suboxone withdrawal? Also, will I go into precipitated withdrawals if I take a dose of subs? How about if I wait 12 hours? Or should I wait 24? If I had to guess I would say I'm still in sub withdrawals and that I can just dose some sub and be ok. I really need to be sure about this though obviously.

I'm really unsure and I'm really stressed out about it. Most of you know how scary withdrawal is. I would really, really appreciate a quick response because I have to make my decision tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much in advance! Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section; this is my first post.

It sounds like you really need to taper down on the suboxone until you're at a more reasonable jumping off point. I'm not experienced in this area, but trying to quit suboxone at 24mg sounds insane.

Didn't really read the whole thing I do apologize, I'm in a rush, but I do want to help, slow_mobius is correct... u SHOULD get back to ur subs, u will be hurting bad, even tho u used heroin for last week if I read that correct... get back on subs and taper down if u want this madness to one day end...or u can jump off right now, but your in for a rough patch

You most likely would go into precipitated wd. Subs really only stay in the body about 3 days. Up to that point you're safe to redose. After 8 days, i would bet you'd get precipitated wd. The only thing is, you were taking *massive* amounts of sub, and possibly there is still some present. But I wouldn't risk it

You are in wd. It's not really "sub" wd or "heroin" wd as they are cross tolerant, although I do know what you are trying to ask, as sub wd is much longer and more drawn out whereas heroin wd is more intense but shorter.

If I had to guess I'd say you are still withdrawing from subs. I think you would need at least 3-4 weeks of no subs (at the doses you were taking possibly even longer) to be clear on that and only in for a shorter heroin-type wd. Although after 8 days there will be some heroin wd thrown in there too.

Your best course of action at this point? Get back on the subs. There's no way you're going to make it through the next month of misery which is what you're looking at if you cold turkey now. You're just dependent on too much. Get back on the subs, go up until you aren't sick (try to stay between 8-16 mg, though coming off 24 if you have to go higher then do what you need to) Then slowly drop down. Honestly once you're stabilized again it should be very easy to drop to 8 mg. Then just do a taper of however long works for you. You really want to be on doses under 1 mg before you try and jump---less painful and a better chance of success!

Though I completely understand the desire to be off everything, my brutally honest opinion is that you aren't there yet. You're on too much to jump off. And when the amount of dope you're doing isn't keeping you out of medium wd...and you're out of money...well, you're quality of life would be best if you get back on subs. Then take your time and do it right

You're probably dealing with partial agonist and full agonist wds simultaneously..

Wait 24 hours and induct with less than 2mg sub, titrating your dose 1-2mg every 2-4 hours until you feel better.. you will avoid pwd by doing it this way..

^ this. Good advice.

I meant to mention that, about inducting with like 1 mg to start and slowly going up from there. That's indeed your best course of action

To add to the pw questions and answers. I induced this morning around 10am 14 hours after using .1 of tar. My first dose of subs was less that 1mg at 10. Around 1030 I was worse off then what I was before subs I was getting really bad chills and stomach pain. I wasn't quite sure if I got pw or if my normal withdrawals were just getting worse. About an hour later I took another 1mg. it's now 1246 I'm starting to feel better but still questionable.

My question is was I going through pw but at a smaller setting because it was less than 1mg? Or did I just not dose enough and was feeling normal withdrawal? And after going through pw can i take more subs to get rid of the rest of my withdrawal or would I go into more pw' s because the bupe haven't fully saturated my receptors?

^ pwd occur almost immediately. If you're taking subs sublingually, it takes 2-3 hours for the onset to occur.. and finally yes, the severity of pwds is dose dependent.

@SS37 that's another thing I'm having a hard time understanding. People saying immediately, now is it like seconds or minutes after it hits your tongue. Or 20-30 mins. This morning i started feeling worse after 1mg maybe 20 mins later. If it was pwd can i take more now that it should have completely saturated my receptors to alleviate any the rest of my withdrawal symptoms?

It occurs within ~10-30 mins sublingually.. but yes, you can dose more bupe to alleviate your symptoms.

It occurs within ~10-30 mins sublingually.. but yes, you can dose more bupe to alleviate your symptoms.

that may or may not work. ive dealt with intense long duration pwd's for the second time now. prior to these two episodes I didnt have any pwd issues with my original induction, or hopping back and forth to pills or #4 during short breaks from bupe. this last time i had acute withdrawl symptoms for over 48 hours, convulsing, puking, hot and cold flashes, non stop rls, basically the works except i managed to not shit myself. over the past 4 days ive taken near 20x 8mg suboxone. took 5 within the first 12 hours when i was really delirious, which after the first 8mg, each additional one did not sway things in one way or the other. my normal dose is 12mg/daily, and after my first experience i knew redosing might just be a waste as it was no help before, but at that point i would have done anything to make the symptons go away.. though i cant say for sure if the subs i was eating did or didnt help speed up recovery, it seemed to me after the first one or two id be feeling the same if i just rode it out, and stuck to a normal dosing schedule until symptoms subside. ive come to the realization that if im going to take a break due to not being able to make it to dr for rx then i had better be sure it is a very short break, like less than 3 days and back on the subs asap. good luck to anyone that may be trying to induct, make sure you take a long ass time before you do, and if youre on longer duration opiates try to taper a bit in the week or so before.