View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sub-breakthrough DMT dosing

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
After a recent discussion on here it got me thinking about DMT use. Does anyone take it in lower doses to just get 5-10 mins of milder visuals, rather than taking a full dose and experiencing the usual full on effects? I always assumed that everyone shared the same opinion, that anything below a breakthrough dose was undesirable, and that the extreme intensity/ego loss was just the character of the drug.
I'd never really thought about intentional sub-breakthrough trips before, always just happened by mistake due to poor vaping technique. Its like looking through the key hole, rather than opening the door.
But in saying that, more than one person has referred to a breakthrough dose as a high dose. Am I alone, or is the whole point of DMT is to breakthrough?!

DMT is very nice to chill on sub doses sometimes with no visuals just have a nice body high and super clear mind for a short time.

Yes I’ve used DMT at low doses many times. I believe people should start low and work up over time anyways with small doses until they feel ready to break through.

Low doses can be fun at shows to give a cool trippy vibe for a minute. When I was younger I’d fill a cannabis oil cartridge with some and puff on it while I danced.

Higher NMT product like that from Acacia confusa is best for use like this.

I also use low/micro doses for medicine resistant migraine headaches.

-GC

low dose DMT is also amazing for taking you out of a bad state of mind usually especially on weed. Low Dose DMT also helps alot with mdma hangovers.

I always hated low dose DMT (10-25mg). It's just too damn weird and somewhat dysphoric to me. Never got anything out of it personally at that dose range. DMT to me is go big or go home. However I love low dose on other psychedelics... every time I smoked low dose DMT I always questioned why I was doing it, it wasn't very fun.

I have to say I have been vocal on the term breakthrough here on Bluelight, so forgive me regulars for posting the same thing over and over like a broken record.

DMT is very personal and there is no right way to use it. The same with Salvia which is an important ally of mine too.

The term breakthrough has created an almost folklore surrounding DMT (IMO). There are (to me) fully immersive experiences and lighter ones, like a short strong mushroom trip. I have had DMT trips where I was so immersed I forgot I was a human being sitting on a couch that just smoked DMT. I guess under the current scale of intenseness that would be considered a breakthrough, and I admit on some rips I sit back and go "oh shit" and know it is going to be so intense I just sit back. But there are experiences that are very strong and intermediate that are to me are way more valuable than a breakthrough.

I know some people do not like the lighter trips. But that really confuses me. 10mgs is light to me. But I can and will use the term breakthrough that I do usually get on 20-25 mgs. But I also never like the term as I have seen people feel their experiences were not important because they had a lighter trip. ALL DMT trips are Important, Try and take 10 mgs in the woods and look at nature. Trees, streams and things. The stronger trips I need my eyes closed so it really is the lighter trips I can keep my eyes open.

Anyway that is my 2 cents. Enjoy DMT any way you want. Most important is to reintegrate the visions and messages into your life and that takes time between trips.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed sub breakthrough levels of dmt, salvia and 5meo-dmt.
Never broken througj on any of them, havent wanted to or needed to.

5meo-dmt is the best imo