• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Struggling with Depression and unregulated sleep

Dyckey

Greenlighter
I'm an army veteran and I'm on probation in something called veterans court. I take random drug test twice a week and the court gets to read all my veterans hospital mental health records appointments meds etc. So basically I cant do shit except for what my VA mental health doctor prescribes. I very been seriously struggling with depression for a long time now. I've been clean off for 2 years now. My doc are opiates, alcohol, and coke. I cant sleep at night. I sleep when the sun comes up and I dont really get up till it's about to go down. This has wreaked havoc on my life. I've been making it to work 2 to 3 times a week and only reason I have a job is cuz my boss knows I'm struggling and trying. I've been on lexapro, wellbutrin, seroquel, hydroxide, and others that the VA prescribes. I've been to my psychiatrist crying asking for help even crying. I'm really trying to stay sober but the emptiness I feel is overwhelming. I've asked for actual sleep meds like lunesta or ambien cuz I tooke them years ago prescribed by a civilian dr and the they worked. Since I'm labeled an addict with the VA he wont prescribe me anything that seems to work for me. I've asked him to let me try ECT and he says that he doeant think I need that. Idk what else to do. The only days I make it to work are when I sat up all night and drink a ahit load of caffeine and stay up all day but that feels like shit. Any advice is appreciated

Hey, welcome to Bluelight @Dyckey.

I'm going to shoot this over to Mental Health where you'll likely get more replies.

Wishing you the best.

Peace and love.

I'm an army veteran and I'm on probation in something called veterans court. I take random drug test twice a week and the court gets to read all my veterans hospital mental health records appointments meds etc. So basically I cant do shit except for what my VA mental health doctor prescribes. I very been seriously struggling with depression for a long time now. I've been clean off for 2 years now. My doc are opiates, alcohol, and coke. I cant sleep at night. I sleep when the sun comes up and I dont really get up till it's about to go down. This has wreaked havoc on my life. I've been making it to work 2 to 3 times a week and only reason I have a job is cuz my boss knows I'm struggling and trying. I've been on lexapro, wellbutrin, seroquel, hydroxide, and others that the VA prescribes. I've been to my psychiatrist crying asking for help even crying. I'm really trying to stay sober but the emptiness I feel is overwhelming. I've asked for actual sleep meds like lunesta or ambien cuz I tooke them years ago prescribed by a civilian dr and the they worked. Since I'm labeled an addict with the VA he wont prescribe me anything that seems to work for me. I've asked him to let me try ECT and he says that he doeant think I need that. Idk what else to do. The only days I make it to work are when I sat up all night and drink a ahit load of caffeine and stay up all day but that feels like shit. Any advice is appreciated

It sounds like you could possibly be suffering from Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder (DSPD) which is a condition caused by irregularities in your circadian rhythm (the body’s natural timing system). It can cause reversed sleep patterns like what you described, but also hormonal imbalances, and changes in metabolism and core body temperature. It’s commonly misdiagnosed as plain insomnia or frequently as psychiatric conditions like depression. There’s still alot unknown about its exact causes. Treatments include adjusting the sleep schedule by 90 minute increments one week at a time, light and dark therapy, and certain medications including Abilify, melatonin, and Modafinil.

sleep deprivation and depression are no joke,brother

not something to fucking joke around with

not something to wait for a doc to tell you that you have it

My brain snapped due to sleep deprivation, stress and drugs. Full blown schizo and psychosis. Don't fuck around with this shit. It's no joke.

Do not take this lightly.

Good luck, stay strong and remain well.