• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids struggling to get off low dose morphine when taking oxycodone

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Id have the odd 2 days off taking morphine its alright but then noticed it was upping my tolerance.
then I got put on fentanyl patch and it wasnt working for full 3days my normal gp wasnt there and when I did see a gp he just changed me back to oxy cos I said I didnt wanna be addicted to fentanyl plus oxy when taken properly works but not as long as it meant too.

So for probs a month or more was taking like 30mg a day got it down to 20mg now down to 15mg, if i try fuck it off i feel restless and bit shiShall I just keep lowering it by 5mg i thought with my oxy going up I could fuck it off which I have by half but tried to not take any yesterday and was dead restless until I took 15mg.

When you talk about restless, are you talking about Restless Leg Syndrome? Where you cant stop kicking and moving your legs? That can also radiate up towards the upper torso as well, with your arms too. If it gets really bad.

If so, i'd talk to your doctor about getting on a Dopamine Agonist. That can help with the restlessness. If he/she prescribes you something, Id keep taking the opiates for a week, while that medicine kicks in and then try to stop the opiates after that. They'll probably want to start you on a low dose and move up from there...to see what works. Chances are, a low dose isnt going to work.

I know the feeling, its absolutely horrible. I started taking Requip and that helped.

Good luck,

Chris.

Im on ropinirole 0.5mg im gonna ask for a dose increase cos im on quetiapine aswell.

it feels like vibrating throughout my legs before i was on requip i was stormin round the house and buying opiates off the street to mask it and benzos.
had to cut down from 40mg diazepam without the doctors luckily i can get enough benzos im down to 17.5mg but struggling on that no way will doctors put it up
especially now im on 80mg oxy there gonna be right bastards.

Tapering opiates and benzos at the same time seems excessively painful. I would do one then the other. Their is likely no way around feeling like shit getting off of either but tapering like you are will lessen the pain.

Some good comfort meds are essential. Clonidine, Lyrica or gabapentin, low dose of dxm, Advil and Tylenol.

Well I must be a trooper cos ive taken 17.5mg diazepam for last week and bout 2 month ago i took 30-40mg for atleast 2 week straight like a idiot.
ive had gabapentin last couple weeks but gonna stop taking it for a week to reset tolerance and so i dont get addicted to that.
ive had some extra pregabalins last few days which have helped loads and zopiclone is quite good for tapering specially mixed with pregabs
tommorow stricly back to normal might take extra pregab but i swapped 1200mg pregab and 1200mg gabapentin for 80mg oxycodone and 120mg phenobarbital on monday.
that was a fucking good day and then ive taken normal dose of opiates since monday and not crushing it saved one of the phenobarbitals for the first day and that was bless.
oxy and phenobarbital what a combo i want a dog with epilepsy to share joke

i wouldnt recommend anyone mix these though as I did feel like if i lay down and closed my eyes id stop breathing do not mix alcohol with barbituates.

if i heated up a fentanyl patch and put it on my skin would that raise my tolerance in one dose cos ive got 4 patches and i dont want to be rattling tomorow for a fentanyl high its not worth it and its not oxy day till end of month(once a month i have a oxy day where i get smashed off em it fucks my tolerance but im lonely and i could take gear everyday but i dont i take my painmeds and smoke weed and take gabaergics when available)
ive taken my oxy properly and one hour 20mins later im chatting shit)