• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Strong reaction to VERY low dose of ritalin

fieldandfountain

Greenlighter
My doctor (who trusts me a lot) prescribed me ritalin for emergencies. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and sometimes can barely function due to lack of energy and concentration. I am taking a course on Thursdays that I must attend every week for sixteen weeks, and I was worried there would be a week I just couldn't make it. He prescribed me 5 mg (instant release) tablets, and instructed me to try splitting it in half to test it.
The 2.5 dose did a number on me. I have anxiety, but it is mostly mental, and I really felt my adrenaline kicking in as though in a fight or flight situation. There's a rat in the attic, and my heart would hammer whenever I would hear the slightest noise. Usually I've been chill about that sort of thing. Not only this, but the symptoms lasted until the next day.
Also I realize Ritalin isn't an amphetamine, but I didn't know where else to put it.
Would I have the same result on any similar drug? I don't want to take it regularly, so acclimating isn't an option.
Thanks!

2.5mg is a pretty low dosage so it sound like it's more of a psychological/nocebo reaction and imo other stimulants will result in the same response

Have you tried modafinil?

I agree with KK. Caffeine and L-theanine might even be strong enough for you, but I'm guessing you psyched yourself into experiencing those symptoms from Ritalin