• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stroke from crack?

Chillpill33

Greenlighter
Just curious if anyone ever had a stroke from crack. Don’t know if I’m paranoid or not. I smoked a little abs now the right side of my back is numb and I’m having pain in my neck on the right side. No headache. Just some mild pain and numbness.

It is possible. Google Stroke symptoms and see if you should go in. The time window is tight.

Just curious if anyone ever had a stroke from crack. Don’t know if I’m paranoid or not. I smoked a little abs now the right side of my back is numb and I’m having pain in my neck on the right side. No headache. Just some mild pain and numbness.
Absolutely..back in the early 90s after one of those smoke as much really good crack as humanly possible nights I was laying down and developed a crushing pain in my chest(heart rate was off the chart)like an elephant sitting on my heart,felt like I couldn't catch my breath,and half of my body(left side)went totally numb...I was freezing cold and pouring sweat...I was having a heart attack and stroke at the same time...I actually didn't care about living so just rode it out..after a couple hours it started to go away..it was such a horrible experience I called my parole officer the next day and begged him to get me into a rehab...luckily the only damage from that night is a minor flutter in my heartbeat

I read about a college athlete who died of a heart attack or stroke smoking a lot of crack one weekend healthy lad forget where I read it years ago

The original lead singer of Alice In Chains had a crack issue too he died of something on a binge don't know the full details

Definitely possible. My father had a stroke at 39 while smoking at his dealers house. He was temporarily paralyzed on his right side and basically had to learn to walk again once he regained movement

Absolutely. Smoking stimulants is obviously extraordinarily stressful on your cardiovascular system.

A friend of mine had a stroke after doing some hits.of basecoke, unfortenately we two were alone on his sailboat in south america, not that far from the coast but at least far enough, he couldnt do anything anymore, it seemed like he was almost fully paralized, so I had to bring the boat down to the mainland all by myself, already before he had instructed me quite well how to do so and by then I also already had gained some expierence (mostly regarding the sails) however it remained a stressy situation with worries about his condition, we eventually made it to a hospital but time is in such a situation essential and he never recovered from it, he is paralyzed at the full left side of his body and in just those few hrs his life drastically changed forever...