• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stretching out my Percocet

Speed King

Bluelighter
Hello. I get 120 Percocet 5/325 a month along with 90, 150 mg Lyrica , for bulging disks in my lower back. The problem I'm having is stretching that dosage, equal to 20mg/day, I came down from the equivalent of 55mg of Oxycodone a day. I had a mini withdrawal over a few days including above normal anxiety.
Now I find myself, when I get a fresh, new, refill, taking a 20-40mg dose and adjusting down from there. I take opiates seriously and outside the occasional lift/buzz, i am mainly intrested in what pain relief I'm provided with.
I have read through the opiate potentiation thread. Hey, if I had a oz of ketamine, MXE or other real good dissasociatives, this would be easy. I am looking for simply stretching out up to 20 mgs of Percocet with enhanced comfort and increasing the duration of action. As a bonus, I include a smallish dose of Valium or Temazepam to add to the comfort. So any other simple ways to strech out the dosage?
I simply don't want to run low/ out of my pain medicine. 50% less would be nice.

Man, you're in a tough spot. The daily dose you're on is pretty low and my guess is that if taken as prescribed, is not providing very much pain relief at all. Hence, you take double that to feel anything at all. Then, as you stated, you either cut way back to make them last a month or you go through regular mini-WD's every month. Basically, this sucks! Is there anyway at all you can get a LT pain med with maybe a BT med too (or not) because taking a ST pain med like Percocet is only making the pain meds in your blood flip up and down all day long. What you need is a more steady releasing drug to get rid of the ups and downs of ST meds. I'd like to think a doc would be open to listening to what you have to say, especially if you've been a "good" patient for a decent amount of time. Best of Luck and hopefully you can get some relief in the near future!

I'll pass the info on that you provided me with. I will draw up some research and show my doctor where I'm coming from. Thanks for the support.

Maybe ask the dr for extended release morphine on a low dose and 1-2 perc 5 for BT. If I was in constant pain I would be much happier with an ER based opiate. Keep that dose as low as you feel comfortable and no more. If your back is really screwed and you need long term relief tolerance will be your worst enemy.

Right now I'm prescribed 20mg/day (4,5/325 Percocet). If I try, I can feel 5/325, but for Percocet to really work, taking two at once works much better..
Here is the thing, I know the doctor doesn't want me going higher then that. That's fine with me. Next month I'm getting my Lyrica bumped up to 600mg/day. That bump will numb me up very well. I have to do the research, but I know there is a way to some how boost the effects of the Percocet with the Lyrica. There have been times when I stopped benzodiazepines and opiates because the Lyrica worked that well. Unless I figure out something better, I'll probably take the Percocet in the am and ride out the rest of night on Lyrica.

Talk to the doctor that prescribes you the medications about this. Can you take them on an as needed basis to stretch them out? Good luck.

Yes, Prn. I've been taking prescribed opiates daily for 7-8 months. Yaw months ago, I came down from 55mg a day to 20mg a day. Lately, life has been getting a little dramatic, so that may be adding to it. BTW, Percocet sucks ass compared to the Oxymorphone ER I was on.