• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Strep throat... Codeine ok to take?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
So I have fucking strep throat, which is painful as fuck. Anyway, I have 4 Tylenol 3. If I take 9mg of Valium a day, is it ok to take 1 or 2 of these? I'm taking antibiotics too of course. Will these interfere in anyway?

I'm guessing the codeine will be fine, since I can take 10-15mg hydro. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't interfere with antibiotic or the strep? I just need some fucking pain relief.

It will not interfere with antibiotic or the strep. Only you know if it's ok to mix with the Valium.

Thanks pal. Took one an hour and a half ago, just took another. Should at least relax me for the night.

Should be fine, when I got strep throat as a kid they gave me Tussionex (Hydrocodone ER) and when that didn't work, Hydromorphone oral liquid / generic Dilaudid.

They're really good at suppressing the moderate to severe and horribly painful unproductive cough that can make certain illnesses like strep throat worse, which is why anti-tussives like the above mentioned opioids are quite the godsend when nothing OTC works for you.

^
fuck no wonder you took to opiate abuse.

I hear in the uk old school doctors still prescribe low-dose (whatever that is ) heroin for sore throats. No need to suffer ey. unfortunately most doctors here like you to suffer it's that calvinist/lutheran tradition thing we have going on here. Catholic doctors are a lot friendlier , like list 2 friendly.