• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Strattera

Ness

Bluelighter
Hey, I know this isn't really the right place for this, but I've been trying pretty hard to find this information with no luck and Bluelight's ADD is the most knowledgeable collection of drug users I'm aware of, so I'm hoping you guys can help me.

I recently got prescribed Strattera. I was trying to get Adderall (I was prescribed it in the past), but apparently my blood pressure is pretty high for some reason (getting some blood tests to try and see why) so the doctor wasn't comfortable prescribing me a stimulant. Strattera is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Will this interfere with psychedelics (specifically LSD) or MDMA?

Not a problem. You psych. may be covering his ass, so to speak. The dug has virtually zero potential for abuse, and therapeuticly is not effaciouis. I am a physician but not a psychiatrist, but i will say ( not as a misogynist) that if your are seeing a woman, find a practicioner than is an older male) strattera sucks, it is efficacyu sucks . Discontinue.

He actually is an older male. I don't have high hopes for it, but I'm willing to give it a try to make the doc and my parents happy, if nothing else. It won't hurt me to be on it for a month. So I'm good to go on LSD and MDMA?

So wait, you're on strattera and people are wondering why you have high blood pressure? Doesnt norepinephrine act on adrenergic receptors i.e. act as a vasoconstrictor and increase blood pressure?

I would refrain from taking your dose of Strattera on days you do LSD or (especially) MDMA, just to lessen the possible anxiety that atomoxetine may give you. Both of those drugs are fairly strong stimulants anyway.

No, I was prescribed Strattera because the doctor wasn't comfortable giving me stimulants due to my high blood pressure.

I would think dexedrine might have a smaller effect on blood pressure than strattera. Regardless, I can't take the stuff without vomiting.

Not a problem. You psych. may be covering his ass, so to speak. The dug has virtually zero potential for abuse, and therapeuticly is not effaciouis. I am a physician but not a psychiatrist, but i will say ( not as a misogynist) that if your are seeing a woman, find a practicioner than is an older male) strattera sucks, it is efficacyu sucks . Discontinue.

Not only this but it has pretty much the same cardiovascular consequence as amphetamine and methylphenidate. When I was on atomoxetine my BP/pulse was higher than when I was on Concerta/amphetamine. This isn't an exception, it's reported in the literature too. Doctors just think it's not a stimulant because of the horseshit marketing from Eli Lilly.

Moving to HL because it's a mental disorder treatment question

Take something else for blood pressure and maintain the amphetamine prescription, as long as you control your blood pressure there is no contraindication

Last edited:
Not a stimulant for me. Shit puts me to sleep. My wife is on it and thinks it works, but IMO she's even more ADD now...

Yes, sometimes I find I am fighting to not nod off at times, really helps me to wake up FAST in the mornings though, otherwise unmedicated I'd be a zombie for half the day.
Been on it for about 8 days now at 40mg.
Still waiting for the kick in my pants to get things done.
3 more weeks or more to go and I will have my verdict, continue, or try stims.

Would like to know about strattera and the nbomes, specifically 25i-nbome.