• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Strategies to prevent issues from regular nasal admin of powders w/ nasal spray pump?

I feel like this spin on intranasal ROA of bupe should be further documented. I, personally, choose to insuffulate my bupe (in form of Subutex) and the spray pump/saline method sounds as if it will not only absorb better, but will 'clean up' the entire process by leaving less binders/fillers in the sinus cavity. Has anybody come up with a preferred bupe:saline ratio that works well and doesn't clog the spray pump? Obviously there are many different factors that come into play when you consider which brand of pill you are using etc.. I use generic subutex from Roxane (the large, round pills.) I imagine the oval, smaller ones would be preferred but unfortunately most of us can only get what is available. I'd like to hear people's end-results and make this thread complete!

In my humble (and possibly incorrect) opinion, I believe that using a cotton ball, Q-Tip, micron filter, etc...is not needed nor useful for preparing a nasal solution of Subutex (and only Subutex, Suboxone is different and I imagine that filtering may be useful)
This ONLY applies to the "Subutex" pills as I just stated, while I don't have experience making nasal solutions with other pills I'm sure filtering those pills would confer some sort of benefit.
The reason I believe filtering Subutex would serve no purpose is b/c IME, the entire pill dissolves in one's mouth leaving zero non-dissolved / insoluble particles behind. Since it appears nothing in the pill won't dissolve in water, I don't see how filtering these pills could be of any use---theoretically, the entire solution should pass through the cotton, thus the cotton is useless.
Suboxone on the other hand is bright orange, so even filtering out some of the coloring would probably be a good idea.

DISCLAIMER: This is just my opinion, my theory. I could very well be wrong and please welcome others to correct me, also, to reiterate, my theory ONLY applies to the white, brand name, Subutex pills and does not apply to generics, Suboxone, or any other type of pill...

Just my thoughts....

Also, if some medium other than saline was used that was able to dissolve the Bupe but not dissolve some of the inactive ingredients that are otherwise soluble in water/saline, that would seem very helpful in not only allowing the inactive's to be filtered, but also in allowing the solution to be made at a higher concentration, therefore less liquid would need to be squirted into the nose, minimizing the amount that drips down the throat or back out of the nosril....Unfortunately I haven't the slightest clue as to what medium possesses this type of property

A while back I had this idea and posted instructions on how to make a dilaudid nasal spray. You can do a thread title search with my user name and search for dilaudid nasal spray.

You guys pretty much got the basics... Create a saline solution (I use Neti-pot refill packs, pretty cheap and in any pharmacy) to keep the drugs fresh.

Just crush up a few pills, dissolve into the saline and fill the empty spray bottle. Gives great results and allows you to sniff away in public without anyone knowing!

As far as figuring out exact dosage per pump, you'll have to figure out the math, I never bothered. 3 8mg of dilaudid was enough to make 2 or 3 pumps a resonable dose.

Well so far nobody has posted a dosage ratio for bupe (as far as I can see, please correct me if I am wrong) so I will experiment in my spare time. If anyone does this ROA via a nasal spray pump with subutex PLEASE post your method/ratio for it would be nice to have an idea where to start. Odds are I will try a few different experiments before posting my results.

I have a 10ml nasal pump. It's perfect for me to calculate because of the round number of ml.

If I dissolve a 2mg suboX pill in it, I'll have 0.2mg per 1ml.

Rather then testing just one spray, I tested 10, because one is hard to measure since it's a really small quantity.

I tested 10 sprays to be 0.4ml, so 20 would be 0.8ml. The math is obvious, you'll need to spray 25 times to get 1ml.

To measure this, I took a insulin syringe, took the plunge off, and sprayed into it. Repeated a few times just to be sure I got it right.

ofc, you could make it more concentrated. As in one 8mg pill being 0.8 per ml.

This thread is very interesting indeed, I'm going to have to try this out.

Would anyone here know or be able to direct me to a forum or give me an answer on a d i y nasal solution for buprenorphine/naloxone product, menthol tablets. I've done research but haven't found a way to come up with a correct dosage ratio, whether obtaining an aerosol nasal spray product (how to fill) would be better than non-aerosol sprayers and the best size sprayer for storing for weeks at a time, and finally what needs to be used to make the solution (salt for example) after filtering the tablets to remove fillers. I've been using the alcoholic solution as my ROA to get the best BA possible but would like/need to try this method for many reasons. Number one being that it takes six hours for a single tablet to dissolve using as prescribed. Thanks in advance I've been on opiate maintenance for six years now, tapering has begun and would just like to get the most out of my bupe as well.

A while back I had this idea and posted instructions on how to make a dilaudid nasal spray. You can do a thread title search with my user name and search for dilaudid nasal spray.

You guys pretty much got the basics... Create a saline solution (I use Neti-pot refill packs, pretty cheap and in any pharmacy) to keep the drugs fresh.

Just crush up a few pills, dissolve into the saline and fill the empty spray bottle. Gives great results and allows you to sniff away in public without anyone knowing!

As far as figuring out exact dosage per pump, you'll have to figure out the math, I never bothered. 3 8mg of dilaudid was enough to make 2 or 3 pumps a resonable dose.

I tried your method out and it works great. I use 4mg IR Hydromorphone [Dilaudid] My bunk arm says thank you :) Can you please PM me, I have some questions for you regarding hydromorphone that I don't want to clutter this post with. Guys, seriously look up his post. Peace.

This should be a sticky, good read. Hydromorphone nasal sprays are FINALLY getting trials [Same thing with morphine with Chitosan] I don't know the status of the morphine spray trials as of right now, sorry... BUT...Phase 3 of a hydromorphone nasal mist trial just finished end of this July with 5 stars result-wise all across the board. If I'm not mistaken I read this info on clinicaltrials.gov. Excellent thread, good stuff! Intranasal.net has some excellent info regarding intranasal admin of meds, I learned A LOT of helpful info there..DEFINITELY check it out if you take your meds intranasally! Peace.:D

Last edited:
Saline is what I will probably use, and I will try to find a sprayer suitable for this process. It's going to be something that can carry a pretty low concentration, so I'm going to have to do some looking...

Anyone have ideas?

There are 2 brands of nasal mists I've tried that have perfect pocket-sized bottles which also have screw on misters which is what you're looking for. Here in Canada they're called Nasinex [Saline] & Rhinaris [Propylene Glycol]. Both were under $10 a bottle and work great as carriers too so there's no need to dump the contents. I found the Rhinaris to be superior to the saline one. Hope I was of some help.

I?m about to try making a suboxone nasal spray to help assist me with tapering. I?m on 2mg films. Does anyone know if the films will dissolve in saline? And did anyone find a good ratio? Thanks!!