Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My biggest complaint? I really don't like Erica. I'm hoping something changes in the last two episodes but that little girl has been annoying as fuck every moment she's on the screen.

I didn't know who you were referring to at first, but now I know that lil' girl is Erica. I couldn't agree more, can't stand her! There is nothing redeeming about that character so far. She needs a belt on her ass.

I think the point of Erica's character is to be annoying. Honestly she seems to be filling a sort of stereotype, but maybe that's just what I see. I don't think she's really that awful of a character though. I've hated Billy since his addition to the show. And his role this season... blech.

Yes, she is filling a stereotype which makes her character even more obnoxious. That's how they want a black girl portrayed on the show: loud, rude and plenty of attitude. Black people are usually portrayed that way on shows where the majority of the cast is white. It's insulting actually.

I didn't know who you were referring to at first, but now I know that lil' girl is Erica. I couldn't agree more, can't stand her! There is nothing redeeming about that character so far. She needs a belt on her ass.

Yes, she is filling a stereotype which makes her character even more obnoxious. That's how they want a black girl portrayed on the show: loud, rude and plenty of attitude. Black people are usually portrayed that way on shows where the majority of the cast is white. It's insulting actually.

Show always portray these stereotypes. Men are often portrayed as hapless, bumbling idiots. Think Simpsons, married with Children. There are a ton of these shows. Advertisements are some of the worst. If you type in men are portrayed as idiots on google you get an article from every major source of media, blogs and a ton of psychological articles.

A lot of people don't want to admit it but the process of tearing down white males has been in full swing for sometime and its getting worse. Trump and his merry band of idiots are speeding up the process. It's as if all strata of life is trying to tear each other down. The whole social fabric is unraveling. Stereotypes of every kind are horrible and sometimes it does seem like the media has an agenda. Is it art imitating life, or is life imitating art?

Look at all the adds, commercials and shows... I find it odd that they always have a black male with a white girl but you hardly ever see a white male with a black girl. What the hell is that?

I don't know? I try to take time out from media when I start to fell off put or offended. Mass media is definitely an odd beast and we are always absorbing subconscious input from the mind control box.

Show always portray these stereotypes. Men are often portrayed as hapless, bumbling idiots. Think Simpsons, married with Children. There are a ton of these shows. Advertisements are some of the worst. If you type in men are portrayed as idiots on google you get an article from every major source of media, blogs and a ton of psychological articles.

A lot of people don't want to admit it but the process of tearing down white males has been in full swing for sometime and its getting worse. Trump and his merry band of idiots are speeding up the process. It's as if all strata of life is trying to tear each other down. The whole social fabric is unraveling. Stereotypes of every kind are horrible and sometimes it does seem like the media has an agenda. Is it art imitating life, or is life imitating art?

Look at all the adds, commercials and shows... I find it odd that they always have a black male with a white girl but you hardly ever see a white male with a black girl. What the hell is that?

I don't know? I try to take time out from media when I start to fell off put or offended. Mass media is definitely an odd beast and we are always absorbing subconscious input from the mind control box.

Yes, you make great points. You're right that typically you see black men with white women, but more recently I have noticed an increase of black women with white men in the media.
I'm glad to see more interracial couples like that lately because people need to accept it and get over it.

Does anyone else think the picture is really dark a lot of times on the show? It's kinda hard to see. It's like the same guy who directed the battle episode of GOT directed this season. I'm liking this season so far though.

It was an okay season overall. But I'm not gonna bother watching the next one I don't think.

All I keep thinking is I'd do Hopper, he's sexy in his own way because he's a man's man. Winona should get on that. Maybe she does, but I don't want any spoilers. Only on episode 5.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

Just finished the last episode. The ending was too uninteresting too me, although I loved the rest of the show though. I ended up feeling like there should have been a better cliffhanger (if there really even was one).

Haven't seen much of season 3 yet but I feel like they are hinting at Will's sexuality? Like the bullies always call him gay slurs and in the third episode of season 3 :/
There where moments in season 2 that seemed to hint that he liked Mike as more than a friend..they certainly have a special friendship.
I have a hard time telling the difference between close friendship and romance, though (inc. IRL)
I thought that anyway and I've seen plenty of people online saying similar things.

Haven't seen much of season 3 yet but I feel like they are hinting at Will's sexuality? Like the bullies always call him gay slurs and in the third episode of season 3 :/
There where moments in season 2 that seemed to hint that he liked Mike as more than a friend..they certainly have a special friendship.
I have a hard time telling the difference between close friendship and romance, though (inc. IRL)
I thought that anyway and I've seen plenty of people online saying similar things.

Mike said something like "Sorry I'm into girls!" when they got into that argument after Will's lame D&D game. I thought that comment was strange.

Mike said something like "Sorry I'm into girls!" when they got into that argument after Will's lame D&D game. I thought that comment was strange.

The actor who plays Will said something about how he personally didn't care if the character was gay or not, and that he didn't think it would be relevant to the plot. So I guess he is but he's a character that just happens to be gay, rather than making an overly-dramatic coming out story-line, which I think is a good thing.

The actor who plays Will said something about how he personally didn't care if the character was gay or not, and that he didn't think it would be relevant to the plot. So I guess he is but he's a character that just happens to be gay, rather than making an overly-dramatic coming out story-line, which I think is a good thing.

Right. I like that approach.

I mean, he could be asexual. Some people just really don't care about sex. That was more the vibe I got, and reminded me of asexual individuals I've met.

Also, think about it, none of the other characters have gone through the shit Will has. His character seems like he has PTSD and like bothering about girls would be a low priority.

I'm already starting to bore of the show. The 80's knockoff nostalgia that initially drew me in is loosing its novel appeal. I really like the characters but it just feels like all the cards have now all been revealed and it is just a bunch of back and forth between the protagonists and the gorgons, who have gotten old(as I don't really care for fantasy monsters as it is) without any new or exciting plot development. It is just starting to get stagnant feeling. Should I hang in there? I am only a couple of shows into the second season. Did any of you have similar sentiments that were soon assuaged by a sudden plot development or twist?

I so badly want to be able to enjoy running shows like other people and be able to share in the experience of discussion but for some reason I am never able to fully emerse myself within the world of a fantasy show. It seems that so many people enjoy fantasy and I'm always just left feeling as if the raw gritty emotional, character elements of life are lacking and overshadowed by fantastical creatures with powers. Everyone I knew loved Game of Thrones and they all got together and enjoyed viewing parties but I found the show to be extremely boring. I always felt so left out.

What is it that you guys most like about the show and were you fans of fantasy beforehand. There is so much I like about the show and I really want it to further develop but I don't want to waste my time watching if it there is nothing more to the show than I have already seen. For me it could have ended with season 1. Is there really more to the show or is it just an endless repetition of the first season with slightly new Gorgon develpments and character interacions?

I'm already starting to bore of the show. The 80's knockoff nostalgia that initially drew me in is loosing its novel appeal. I really like the characters but it just feels like all the cards have now all been revealed and it is just a bunch of back and forth between the protagonists and the gorgons, who have gotten old(as I don't really care for fantasy monsters as it is) without any new or exciting plot development. It is just starting to get stagnant feeling. Should I hang in there? I am only a couple of shows into the second season. Did any of you have similar sentiments that were soon assuaged by a sudden plot development or twist?

I so badly want to be able to enjoy running shows like other people and be able to share in the experience of discussion but for some reason I am never able to fully emerse myself within the world of a fantasy show. It seems that so many people enjoy fantasy and I'm always just left feeling as if the raw gritty emotional, character elements of life are lacking and overshadowed by fantastical creatures with powers. Everyone I knew loved Game of Thrones and they all got together and enjoyed viewing parties but I found the show to be extremely boring. I always felt so left out.

What is it that you guys most like about the show and were you fans of fantasy beforehand. There is so much I like about the show and I really want it to further develop but I don't want to waste my time watching if it there is nothing more to the show than I have already seen. For me it could have ended with season 1. Is there really more to the show or is it just an endless repetition of the first season with slightly new Gorgon develpments and character interacions?

Ha you pretty much summed up all 3 seasons dude. I like it, even though it does start to get a little boring towards the end of season 3 for me. I never got the appeal of GOT either btw. I could not get past the first 4 episodes, I don't enjoy medieval fantasy though. They do introduce some new creatures but they are directly related to the main one. I can see how this show could be very hit or miss.

I've really enjoyed the three seasons of this show. I have been a huge fan of Stephen King novels since I was a kid and have watched most of the movies based on his books as well. The movies never really emulated the vibe of the novels (with the possible exception of non-horror fare such as The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me / The Body). In my view, Stranger Things is the best job anyone has done of emulating the vibe of a Stephen King novel on screen.

As for this season...

...I'm not sure I like it as much as the previous seasons, but it is close. Robin and Erica were cool new characters (I didn't think Erica was that annoying, and she actually ended up being the most clever out of that group). The focus was less on Eleven. She really made the show in the first two seasons, and was by far my favourite character, but I think it was a good choice to move the spotlight off her. My biggest complaint is with the Hopper/Joyce dynamic (at least until the last couple episodes). There was too much yelling and it seemed contrived.

The final episode was fantastic. The Dustin/Suzie singing interlude was completely unexpected in the middle of the balls-to-the-wall action going on and I thought it was excellently timed.

What are they going to do now? I really think that if they continue the show, that it's time to come in with a slate of new characters and new horror scenario. Having the same characters fighting the same bad guy for three seasons in a horror series is pushing it already.

I take back what I said. I'm on season 2:7 and it is really heating up...Def. a dope show. I love the direction they are going with El, with her finding her mother and sister. I hope she comes back to Hawkins as a badass.

I agree it has a Stephan King vibe. I'm probably in a better mood to enjoy it the last couple of days because I'm not trying to kick kratom. I guess every show is lackluster when detoxing....lol.... I'm really enjoying this season. Gotta love the 80's style, vigilante, gutter punks that El is getting down with. Give her a little punk attitude and she is going to be a beast?????

I've really enjoyed the three seasons of this show. I have been a huge fan of Stephen King novels since I was a kid and have watched most of the movies based on his books as well. The movies never really emulated the vibe of the novels (with the possible exception of non-horror fare such as The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me / The Body). In my view, Stranger Things is the best job anyone has done of emulating the vibe of a Stephen King novel on screen.

As for this season...

...I'm not sure I like it as much as the previous seasons, but it is close. Robin and Erica were cool new characters (I didn't think Erica was that annoying, and she actually ended up being the most clever out of that group). The focus was less on Eleven. She really made the show in the first two seasons, and was by far my favourite character, but I think it was a good choice to move the spotlight off her. My biggest complaint is with the Hopper/Joyce dynamic (at least until the last couple episodes). There was too much yelling and it seemed contrived.

The final episode was fantastic. The Dustin/Suzie singing interlude was completely unexpected in the middle of the balls-to-the-wall action going on and I thought it was excellently timed.

What are they going to do now? I really think that if they continue the show, that it's time to come in with a slate of new characters and new horror scenario. Having the same characters fighting the same bad guy for three seasons in a horror series is pushing it already.

I love Stephen King as well and i have recently come back with a new appreciation. I'm going to reread some of the novels.

On the subject.... Has anyone seen the new Pet cemetery? Don't want to derail the thread. It's gotten bad reviews and that sucks because I was pretty stoked about it.
It's also kind of disturbing to talk about though because I'll be burying my cat of 13 years tomorrow?... Loved that guy... Best cat ever. I'm going to be a mess when my dog dies. Animals really do become a part of the family.

I love Stephen King as well and i have recently come back with a new appreciation. I'm going to reread some of the novels.

On the subject.... Has anyone seen the new Pet cemetery? Don't want to derail the thread. It's gotten bad reviews and that sucks because I was pretty stoked about it.
It's also kind of disturbing to talk about though because I'll be burying my cat of 13 years tomorrow?... Loved that guy... Best cat ever. I'm going to be a mess when my dog dies. Animals really do become a part of the family.

I've seen the new Pet Sematary and it pales in comparison to the original. They should've just left it alone. There was no need for a remake. If you see it, you'll notice they took liberties and completely changed parts of the story. I didn't even know they could do that...seems like it shouldn't be allowed. Let us know if you see it.

I'm sorry for your loss. *HUGS* My Yorkie Terrier is 11 years old and I dread thinking about her dying. I'll probably want to be buried with her. lol

Stranger Things finished strong! This season was definitely worth watching. It was really intense, action-packed and emotional. Erica kinda grew on me in the end.

Stranger Things finished strong! This season was definitely worth watching. It was really intense, action-packed and emotional. Erica kinda grew on me in the end.

You think so? I think the ending was very bland and could've left more to the imagination for next season =/