• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Strange Simon's test result

Ecouser1

Greenlighter
Hi all, first time poster, but long time reader. Need help from the community analyzing and interpreting a strange Simon's test result with supposed MDMA.

Here's all the info. The substance is in Crystal form. Conducted two Marquis reagent tests, both quickly turned purple, then to black, confirming an MDxx presence. This was followed up by two Simon's reagent tests (on separate samples). The reaction was very strange, it seemed like no reaction was occurring, then it slowly went from light gray to black over the course of about 45 seconds.

Any thoughts? The Simon's reagent will be tested today using 5htp, and test pictures will be posted as well.

Thanks in advance.

I agree that the best thing to do here would be to find a "reference" compound to test your simon reagent. That does sound odd.

I agree that the best thing to do here would be to find a "reference" compound to test your simon reagent. That does sound odd.

Thanks for the reply. I tested the Simon's with 5htp, it turned purple, but very slowly (45 seconds to a minute). Is this a normal reaction?

Thanks!

Do you have any known MDMA samples? Or for that matter any methamphetamine laying around? Or any stimulation RC’s that are secondary amines?

That does sound strange but Simons can go bad fairly easily so I’d wait and see.

When’s the last time you used it?

-GC