• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Strange reaction to LSD

That's not so unusual. LSD can do all kinds of things. 'Set and setting' play major parts.

From Tim Leary:

Of course, the drug does not produce the transcendent experience. It merely acts as a chemical key - it opens the mind, frees the nervous system of its ordinary patterns and structures. The nature of the experience depends almost entirely on set and setting. Set denotes the preparation of the individual, including his personality structure and his mood at the time. Setting is physical - the weather, the room's atmosphere; social - feelings of persons present towards one another; and cultural - prevailing views as to what is real. It is for this reason that manuals or guide-books are necessary. Their purpose is to enable a person to understand the new realities of the expanded consciousness, to serve as road maps for new interior territories which modern science has made accessible.

I once had a friend who bummed out quite badly. It all started an hour or so into the trip when his brother drilled him about being a bad big brother. Afterwards he went wandering in a park and bumped into a preacher. My friend had been raised a Catholic but had always said he didn't believe in god. Those few hours drew out childhood experiences to such an extent that he became very confused and was still in this state two days later.

To cut a long story short, he ended being committed and spent a couple of weeks in a psyche ward. He got out, did another trip (in attempt to understand what had happened) and has been right as range ever since. Today he is a very successful business man and a dedicated father of 2.

Over the years doing HR work, we've frequently dealt with LSD induced psychosis. Some of those have been quite intense or violent, and one incident involved extreme sexual aggression from a previously well presented guy. So tripping can, for some people, result in dealing with 'personal baggage' they may not have realised they carried.

Also, I wouldn't tend to draw general comparisons between the effects of marijuana and LSD. I've known several people who can't do pot but enjoy acid, and many people who enjoy smoke but find acid too much for them. Different strokes...

^^^ similar thing happened to my friend when we tried acid together. While tripping another girl told her that acid is heaps bad and she couldn't believe she'd had such a dirty drug.

Needless to say my friend had a bad trip, started crying etc. Later I found out she'd self mutilated all up her leg with tiny perfectly spaced incisions.

Anyone who has been on anti depressants or that kind of medication should steer clear of acid imho.

Everyone behaves differently on LSD. Some quite more out of character than others. Maybe you guys questioning him so much propelled him into this land where he couldnt get himself out of. The set and setting always play a huge part. I've had the same acid barely do anything one time, but when taken in a park where I've tripped in the dark heaps if times I went totally schizophrenic thinking me and my friend could communicate through those flashes of light you can see on LSD, and colour shifts.. for a very long time without saying anything but "i know what ya talking about" "yeah yeah yeah" etc... just pointing at each other trying to imitate one side of the others face until we both pretty much reached a point of pure insanity.

Phase makes an excellent point. As with all drugs set and setting is the key, but I honestly believe that the one thing that seems to tie bad acid experiences together, at least for first timers is a lack understanding about the drug itself and ill preperation or unwillingness to deal with the inevitable mental developments that come with LSD, thinking instead that LSD is purely a social and fun drug (I'm not saying that it isn't at times but overall, its about more than that)
I'll use myself as example to make my point.
The first time I took acid, indeed the first few times I took it on a whim and didnt really prepare myself having relatively little knowledge of what I was gettingmyself into, consequently, I really didnt enjoy myself, and to me acid seemed like a drug that was intense and bought up uncomfortable issues that I would have rather not dealt with whilst making me rather socially retarded (this remains true however!)

However, I then took acid with a few more experienced trippers, most of whom I didnt really know well at all, this could have been a very bad idea, but these people gave me such an incredible tool to use when taking drugs. Preperation for a trip and the solid understanding that being by yourself and doing your own thing is okay. It may sound like something very simple, but by preparing and then later whilst tripping knowing that things were all good and I could do my own thing changed the experience of LSD from scary to incredible.

Often you don't think your in trouble still people start bombarding you with questions about how your feeling, what your doing etc. all it takes is that little bit of pressure to knock you off course, whether its before you begin or anytime during.

Acid should never have been invented, i don't know why it's classified as a recreational substance. It's fuckn shithouse, I'd put it in a worse cat. than meth.

Just wait til your mate comes telling you all his 'realities'... none of which seem anything close to 'reality'.

Thanks for your insight Juice_soldier, your a great help.

But really dont you think that recreation is a broad term and maybe for some recreation is "Different realities" and not glow sticks and stupid pants?

juice: I bet you haven't even had real LSD yet. Once you get a taste of the real stuff you would look at it differently. Everything that is synth'd these days and put on tabs or even sold as liquid is shit house compared to what people had in the 60's.

And the delusion, and different outlooks and insights on things are all part of the acid experience. Without LSD, I can assure you design, art and certain parts of the western cutlure wouldn't be the way we see it today.

But I agree on street shit, wouldn't bother with it these days, very impure and prone to physical anxiety which will turn into a bad trip.

To be honest I find psychedelic to be more recreational when I want them to be than MDMA these days. MDMA just puts me into a deep sedated retarded psychosis where I don't want to talk to anybody, just feel the music and live in my own build-up MDMA-autism world.. At least psychedelics give me the power to explore a bit more.. walk around.. etc.

Last edited:
C'mon man, worse than meth? Get real. Meths the worst drug out there.
It's only half decent if you boof it so it doesn't last as long and you actually get a slight feeling off it, rather than just being awake and dribbling crap with a dry mouth, then fiendind for more and more to avoid the crash, only to come down and hate life for 3 days.

Totally depends on environment and your surrounding company. Acid trips vary with such great difference almost anything goes. It's been over 10 years since I was into the stuff, each trip was always different. I've personally taken different types of acid over 300 times and every experience depended on who was around, where we were, what the weather was like, and other variables. One of the best trips was when a bunch of us took liquid (good shit) LSD on sugar cubes and went to Great America amusement park for the day. One of the worst trips was a cloudy, windy, depressing fall evening. The sky was dark and gloomy as a storm was on the way, and I believed 100% the world was about to end. I could swear I heard two old people talking about it in the park we were tripping in, so I left and rode my bike home as fast as I could just wanting to say goodbye to my family before it all ended. I hesitated to say anything to family when I got there, so I waited it out in my room, watching the news for 'signs' none of which ever came lol.

Acid is a wicked drug, I'd never call it recreational and whoever does is a fuck nut. I've almost killed myself several times doing stupid shit while frying and know many including myself who will never be the same because of taking alot of acid. One friend of ours who sold it at high school was an A+ student, class president, validictorian (sp?). He'd drop some blotter before bed and throw on some mind expansion cd's to play all night while he fried in his sleep! This crazy cat wound up so fawked up he was walking around our neighborhood with a 5 gallon jug of gasoline drinking it trying to kill himself cause the cops were looking for him to arrest his ass for selling acid at school. He was caught and it was all over the news and shit hit the fan. Another friend of ours went crazy and started swinging from the lights at school in the classroom. This same guy also was hanging off a 90 foot bridge in the middle of winter thinking he was in the Olympic games.

I have no idea what the acid is like today, but it sure was wild when I did it. But looking back I'd never recommend it to anyone, period. Doesn't sound like this guy who pissed his pants and walked through bushes was doing anything abnormal for being on acid. Hell I remember sitting on a curb once starring at the concrete sidewalk watching all the ants and bugs (not really there) running around. I'd talk to the birds, and they would talk back! I though I'd been outside for 10 or 15 minutes until a friend came by and said they'd been looking for me for the last 4 hours. LSD is no joke, be safe if you decide to play with the shit. You might not know it now, but it can alter your life forever.

lol.. I've done more than enough acid in my time. It's not my thing, and seeing a friend go psychotic as a direct result for 3~ months - i think my opinion is warranted.

It's just not for everyone, but you were downight saying u cant believe anyone likes the drug. It's basically my favourite drug of non-abuse. My fave abusable drug being G :)

I had a mate who's schizophrenia was definitely triggered (or brang out whatever) by a high dose and other drugs as well and the mental health system failed and he killed himself. But you don't see me saying acid is shit.

I used to be a stoner and personally think weed is crap now and turns people who are addicted to it into mindless zombies and makes them believe the drug is doing them good, and has some REAL room for delusion, but i don't tell people to stop. It just doesn't work good for me anymore and I only ever using it on say pill comedowns or drug binges to intensify K and nitrous, but always have benzos handy or G.

bucketbill said:
Strange reaction to LSD

Please tell me I'm not the only one who found this funny....

Sounds like a simple case (well simple from an acid point of view) of a bad trip.

As has been said, set and setting play a major role. Anything thats playing on the mind can really set a trip off (whether it be conscious or sub-conscious) and make it a really good or bad time.

I know a person (who shall remain nameless) who hit acid REALLY hard one night after a gram of ice and went to relieve herself in the bush. She got distracted after the fact, and couldn't remember if she had or not; so naturally she felt around on the ground. Then ran into some branches and started scratching her face.....

join the dots..... Definitely adds new meaning to the term "Shitfaced". :\

Common as rain mate...

There's enough stories up here already so i won't even bother...

Can happen with any mind expanding drug

Play it safe and follow the tripping rules of set/setting, especially when you've only done it a couple of times