• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

strange methadone side-effects

seanimal

Bluelighter
Strange Methadone Side-Effects

Hey fellow BLs!

This post is pretty long, so if you don't want to read all the details and stuff, I have provided you a much shorter version. If you would like to read the whole "directors cut" (lol) just scroll down a bit to the dotted lines.
Here ya go-
Been taking 80 mg methadone for 5 days, been on done for 2 weeks. Today dosed at 9:30am, currently 2:00pm.
Not feeling it as much and also getting dope sickness symptoms such as cold sweats and lethargy (10% of full d sick) I take many things to potentiate the done (tagamet, biaxin, hydroxyzine, tums, and a -zole acid reducer.) Could it be one of those? I have a sunday take home of 2 wafers, should I take em early?
Opinions?

--------------------------------------------------------
Here is the FULL directors cut ;)
--------------------------------------------------------

I have been on MMT (Methadone Maintenance Treatment) for around 2 weeks now. My dose was raised from 70mg to 80mg about 5 days ago, and I was feeling great! No complaints, just generally in a very good mood.
So its been 5 days now and I am having some strange side-effects. I dosed at 9:30am and it is currently 2:00pm. I am having cold sweats like I do when I'm withdrawing (sp?) And I feel a little bit lethargic. DEFINITELY not as lethargic as full on dope sickness, no way. I'd say about 10% of that. I have nausea, even after taking meds for it, and I am also craving a buzz very badly (mostly for heroin). I can ignore it with the methadone but its surely still there.
Still, I thought methadone was supposed to take your cravings away and feel ZERO effects of withdrawal. So why is it that today I feel this way?

I dosed at 9:30 at the clinic - 2 orange roxane brand 40 mg wafers - broken in half and swallowed the 4 halves with water, as usual. I had recently switched from the red liquid to the wafers (diskettes, as my clinic calls them lol) about a week ago because my fellow dopers at the clinic said the orange wafers were much, much better, lasted a lot longer, and obviously there is no chance of tampering. I am a very suspicious person so this is good for me. I do not trust anybody anymore.

Anyways, I started feeling the effect about an hour afterwards (energy, dope taste in back of throat,etc) which was cool. So I go home and do lots of cleaning, and when I go out in the courtyard to smoke a cig, I feel cold sweats! I also feel lethargic but not like usual - like I said, about 10% of regular lethargy.
Should I raise my dose to 90 mgs and see how I feel from there? I'd rather not raise it right now, as I've heard horror stories from people that raise it too high and try to come off and can't, or that too high a dose causes sweating (could this be why im having cold sweats?) And other unwanted side effects, but if it will help cure these symptoms and all of the rumors were just BS, then I will raise it.
Could it be something else? I take biaxin, tagamet, hydroxyzine (or diphenhydramine if I don't have any), tums, and a -zole acid reducer such as omeprazole. (Today I believe I took one that started with an r...ranidazole? I'm just too lazy to go downstairs to look :p) but could it be one of those?
My fellow BLers, all I'm trying to do with this concoction is lower the acidic levels of my stomach and inhibit the CY3AP4 enzyme so the methadone lasts longer and has stronger effects.
Maybe it is all in my head? Maybe I am just getting tolerant to the methadone? I am not sure.
What are your opinions on this? I'd love to hear what you all have to say about
this.
I also have 2 more orange wafers as my sunday take-homes, shall I take them a little bit early? :)
Even as I write this, I am starting to feel sicker and sicker, I have no idea what's happening!!!!!! Yesterday I took the same exact dose with the same exact conditions and I felt great for about 8 hours then just felt normal. What the fuck? :'(

Opinions? :)

Last edited: