• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Strange Meth... No crystalization in toot?

marijuana_z28

Bluelighter
The other weekend two buddies and picked up a half gram of crank. It had the typical over anhydrous(sp?) smell to it but once we burned of the first hit in a bulb the shit burned real slow. All three of us got spun of it and we were giving away hits left and right. I would say it was the best crank (not glass) i had ever had. But when it was all gone we tried to scrape out the tooter we had used to smoke it all with... Nothing came out? Has anyone else ever had anything like this before?

By the way we were using a standard bic pen as a toot like i usually use when i tweak. If that makes any difference.

Usually what I have found is that what is left over in the tooter is just cut. I have emptied them out into a bulb and smoked it. It usually burns quite fast and tastes nasty - cut. You probably just got some real good crank.
Dave

Usually the left over burns fast when ever i tried to smoke it but if you snort it give that typical crank burn... Even when i smoked glass i always can scrap the toot... This stuff was strange. It was real sticky and didnt chop up well for lines and had a real strong smell which i have been told is a sign of it being over anhydrous ammonia.

^^^
I don't know if the "typical crank burn" is a reason to think that it isn't cut. I personally don't have much experience at all with meth (i've only done it a few times and I've always smoked it). But the reason I think that it may be cut is because when I happen to have to snort my heroin it can sometimes burn a lot. Since I IV it the majority of the time, I also not the water color and shit. I just have this theory that the burning sensation is caused by whatever cut they used. Because sometimes when I snort it I have no problem doing so, other times I can not stand how much it burns. Since I get it from a million different sources (aka, the street) I know it's gotta be cut differently. This is just my reason I have come up with as to why it burns so much sometimes and other times it's fine. Like I said I don't have any experience snorting crank so I can't really say that it's the cut there, just something I thought of. I guess you just have to wonder, does it get you high? If so, and it's not placebo, then I guess this was a pointless post, haha...I don't know, something to think about.

Originally posted by marijuana_z28:
had a real strong smell which i have been told is a sign of it being over anhydrous ammonia.
Someone lied to you. Ammonia has nothing to do with it. Your shit is too acidic.

How do you know it's too acidic? The smell is most likely coming from whatever the last solvent the product was washed with or dissolved in. Too acidic would mean an excess of HCl was left unreacted which can be quite common but it wouldnt be enough for someone to smell it. And it wouldnt effect the way the product burned.
Did you try just etting the stuff lay out for awhile so that whatever was causing it to burn slow would have a chance to evaporate?
Washing it with dry, cold acetone would hvae most likely fixed the problem completely no matter what it was.
had a real strong smell which i have been told is a sign of it being over anhydrous ammonia
No.

to the person who said it has nothing to do with ammonia...
dumbass!
Anhydrous Methamphetamine is made with Anhydrous Ammonia!
Dipshit.

Making meth with anhydrous ammonia is a shitty route and I've known far more chemists who go the I/RP route.
As for the lack of scrapeable residue -- is it possible one of your buddies snaked the pipe away and scraped it before the rest of you could get to it?

The crystal meth, aka Ice, that I have always gotten never ever leaves a residue in the glass pipe when I smoke it? From what I can tell and what I pay...it is VERy VERy pure...I have literally stayed high for days and days off of just a 1/4th ;) I dont think residue would be a good thing...

Ice is 4-methylaminorex not meth but it's just a slang term so I guess you can apply it to anything you want.
Meth often recrytalizes in the toot and this isnt a sign of impurties. You can tell by looking at it that it is nice clean meth. Some times this doesnt happen though. One possible reason is that you or you freinds were a little sloppy and exhaled a bit into the toot (or even slobbered a bit) which whould moisten the inside of it making it impossible for anything to recrystalize.
roliepolie: Do you know what anhydrous means? There is a route to methamphetamine that uses anyhydrous ammonia/lithium (Birch reduction), but this does NOTproduce anhydrous methamphetamine. Like every other route it yeilds methamphetamine freebase which is usually converted to a salt form. I see no reason as to why any amount of anhydrous ammonia would be left over in the final product. The pseudoehpedrine/ephedrine is reduced in the ammonia but that is the first step. There shouldnt be any ammonia that follows the meth thru the first AB. The final product is not "anhydrous methamphetamine".
[ 17 November 2002: Message edited by: Bonecutter ]
[ 18 November 2002: Message edited by: Bonecutter ]

Originally posted by roliepolie:
to the person who said it has nothing to do with ammonia...
dumbass!
Anhydrous Methamphetamine is made with Anhydrous Ammonia!
Dipshit.

Are you always an idiot or just when Im around"
OK Jackass what you call "Anhydrous Meth"(Thats some funny shit) is made from a spin off of the "Birch" reaction, reduction by sodium dissolved in ammonia, but you country fucks use lithium so its not technically a birch. Dissolving lithium in ammonia releases an electron, a "solvated electron" and it takes two of these electrons to reduce a molecule of ephedrine into meth. That is the only role played in this rodeo by NH3(anhydrous ammonia). It can also be done by replacing the ammonia with EDA but EDA is next to impossible to seperate from the meth in the end.
So after you electrons reduce the pseudo into meth freebase you are left with a freebase oil witch you extract with a solvent. Did you notice the base in free base? That means high PH, I would guess around 10. So that isnt any good we want meth HCL so we need to turn the base to a salt by lowering the PH. How do you do that? with HCL either gas or liquid but the most common country fuck way is with gas from salt and sulfic acid blown over some fucking colemans fuel.
At this point there had better be no "anhydrous" ammonia anywhere in the solvent that has your freebase in it because guess what genius NH3 + HCL = NH4Cl fucking Ammonium Chloride. So its fucking impossible to have anhydrous ammonia in you dope His shit is either too acidic or there was to much moisture involved is the process and some of the acid actually stuck in the shit instead of lowering the PH. I dont know I didnt see the shit, but Im not a fucking retard that thinks he has anhydrous meth. I also have a minor is organic chemistry but we learned the basics of an ACID/BASE in 7th grade.
Thank you drive thru!
Love "Dumbass"

Originally posted by Bonecutter:
How do you know it's too acidic? The smell is most likely coming from whatever the last solvent the product was washed with or dissolved in. Too acidic would mean an excess of HCl was left unreacted which can be quite common but it wouldnt be enough for someone to smell it. And it wouldnt effect the way the product burned.

Too acidic means when lowering the PH with hydrogen chloride gas(HCL gas) "anhydrous" at that,(haha there that word again) instead of stopping at a PH between 5 and 6 they brought the PH down to about 2 or 3 by over gassing. Now that not the same as having left over HCL in the product, extra hcl can be rinsed out with say acetone, but when its too acidic you have to raise the PH say with sodium hydroxide back to about 12, rinse with distilled water to get the excess sodium hydroxide out and then gas back down to 6.
When the PH is too low it will smell like shit and will burn down like motor oil.

When you smoke/snort the "residue" from the glass pipe, is there a noticeable effect, and if so, is it worth putting the nasty, leftover shit that didn't burn into your lungs/sinuses?

Enough with the chemistry talk.. the question was in regards to why there was no residue after smoking...
Perhaps it was better wuality shit then you thought? Good meth will usually burn with minimal residue .. still, if it gets you high why worry about the residue, or lack of?
[CLOSED as it has turned into a flex-yer-meth-chem-knowledge thread ..]