• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids strange behavior with fetynyl use

Status
Not open for further replies.

day3&counting

Greenlighter
Fentynyl* is a huge problem in my area. I did heroin before fentynyl started coming to the area and when the new white dope came around it quickly became the only shit that could get me high. Through my travels I've noticed that there is a difference in some users experiences with the drug. While in most people the effects are typical I've noticed an additional effect in a select few. I do not want to come off as insensitive in any way to anyone that experiences these effects that I am about to discuss, I am just curious if anyone else has noticed this definite pattern of behavior from other people or is it just me? To begin I will start with the similarities of what I have seen these people doing. They usually start out with that swaying, dance fighting type moves, a lot of them clap, stomp around like they are a giant, some jump around in one spot. They sometimes do weird things with their fingers like crack them strangely or look like they are trowing up gang signs. They begin to talk to themselves and then the yelling starts. Every one of them uses multiple voices almost like they are acting out a conversation between multiple people and they use a different voice for each person. For some people you may only see one or two of these behaviors but the majority of them have the voices and/or have a conversation with themselves every time. The voices that are used are those of either a woman or a child, even when the user is male. I have noticed there seems to be a pattern that I am seeing but I do not want to share that at this point until I can get some sort of confirmation with others that may see these behaviors in people that they know. Ive briefly looked to see if anyone has mentioned these affects anywhere on the internet and it seems as though none of this is being documented or reported. While it does not affect me in these ways i feel like its a real problem that needs to be looked into any experiences are appriciated*fentynyl - When I use this word or "fet"; what I'm referring to is most likely a heroin/fet mix. It could also be straight fet cut down like crazy (not qualified or have the resources to determine for sure)

So you want to see if anyone has exhibited odd side effects on dope with fent and unknown cuts?

I've seen it before. I've known a couple people that would walk in place, stomp, clap their hands, etc.

That's pretty weird & interesting if it's a thing.

Have you asked them why they do it?

They don't realize what their doing at the time, it's annoying. I thought they were just super high then realized it was once fentanyl became more prevelant that it started happening. I hadn't seen some of them from years and most of them weren't that heavy into dope yet.

Yeah, I've seen this, and done it. I never drew a connection directly to fentanyl, just to nodding out super hard while standing up. But now that I do think about it, when I first saw/experienced it consistently was fucking with duragesic patches before my tolerance got too crazy(still high) and then again off really good dope when I began shooting heroin.(which could have had fentanyl in it) But I would also get this way off oxymorphone. I wouldn't clap my hands or stomp my feet. nor can I recall anyone doing specifically that, but I would walk in place/into walls, do the swaying thing, and say things to people who weren't there. But this was all from being in a dream-like state, somewhere between conscious and not. If I stayed seated you wouldn't notice it, but for some reason I could never get to sleep like this, so after being awake for ~24 hours, in the early AM hours I would just get out of bed and sway my way over to a wall and say something to some nonexistent person after bumping into it.

So, what we're looking at here is just strange behavior after the usage of street drugs. I don't mean to be cold or callous, but this is pretty much par for the course. As users of street drugs, we understand that there is no guarantee or quality control regarding the drugs that we buy. There could be anything in there and part of addiction is developing connections with dealers who have product that is suitable and at least relatively pure.

I see how strange behavior can be hard to deal with or off-putting, it's not really a Harm Reduction issue. Not only is it not a Harm Reduction issue, but if we did decide to field it, we wouldn't have anything to go on in terms of evidence. All we know is that someone, somewhere has bought drugs and acted out after using them.

The only thing that you can do that will actually give you an answer of use, would be to have the drugs tested in a laboratory. Once you have done that and determined what was in those specific drugs, you could, in theory, determine what caused the strange behavior and avoid it in the future.

Until then, this is closed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.