• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Stop doing drugs

Sweaty balls and lavender? I typically pride myself on my ability to see connections between words, but this one's got me buffaloed...

But I like drugs . . . and it is just a hobby like collecting stamps . . .

I have been seeing, and reading and hearing from folks all sorts of things from the days of yore which show how ridiculous the whole thing is. Does anyone start taking drugs to be cool? No, they take them because they can study longer and get better grades on exams, and it makes them feel just like Jesus' son or daughter . . . peer pressure, Just Say No and all of that nonsense . . .

Here is a jingle for the cause . . . especially for the busybodies going around to community groups and schools in the US and whining to drum up support for their gang and have people turn in disused drugs so they and the cops can get high later that night:

I
Don't mind
If you
Got kept five grades behind
But if you keep peddling
The opioid cri$i$ farce
God and humankind
Will eventually kick your arse

We don't need your crocodile tears
To keep kids healthy
All you SOBs do all day
Is make dope rehab Jim Joneses wealthy
We don't need your political colonic
To keep us down
The day is coming soon when a rail and
Tar and feathers
Are coming to town . . .

Worked for me.

10 years of banging dope and then some random dude on this very forum sent me a pm and it said:

Subject: STOP DOING DRUGS

Body: seriously

I was livid. I didn't even know this fucking guy. Who the fuck is he to tell me to stop doing drugs. Fuck that. I'm a god damn rebel and I don't stand for that shit. I was going to write him back and give him a piece of my mind! But first I was gonna do some homework. I thought enough into it to consider looking up his post history and finding some embarrassing dirt on him. So I scroll thru his post history and a lot of his stories look like mine. He also snorkeled with catfish in a sewage system when he was 10. He raised a family of chickadees from egg to adult once the mother abandoned the eggs just like myself. This fucking guy had 3 ft 5 inch midget sidekick named Belfast who he kept around strictly to load syringes and chop up pills....JUST LIKE ME! It was crazy. I no longer wanted to curse this man out. I wanted to combine midget sidekick powers and have a fucking great weekend. I went from angry to inspired in 3 seconds. That's when I realized....I had been in a k hole for 5 days straight and somehow made an alternate bluelight name with a 600+ count post history in a matter of hours. I was also sitting in my own shit and piss and was wearing sailor outfit but the pants were cut into booty shorts. Never met a navy man in my life and I lived 23 hours away from the nearest house. That's when I realized I needed to put the drugs down.

My name is Memphis and I eat booty
Sig'ed.

Is there anyone who has actually observed someone, or themselves started on drugs, in a way and for reasons consonant with the preposterous theories put forward in the US in the 1980s with Nancy Reagan and so on? People do drugs to be cool, to fit in, just saying no is relevant and efficaceous and helpful, whatever, and it is always "drugs" -- the pharmacology, set and setting, or any possible objective like anxiolysis, pain relief, enhancing sex by hoovering up a bunch of Bolivian Marching Powder or whatever . . . How could anyone believe that mescaline, Sterno, hashish, morphine, Roids, smack, Reds, C-Jam, amyls, Op, meth, Everclear, acid, Lean, a big reefer, Vikes, rubbing alcohol., and ether are interchangeable?

I used to wonder if there was a cultural factor lost in translation or whatever, and I never believed in peer pressure either . . . The one thing that incensed me the most was a man who was giving a presentation to kids about doing drugs and regurgitating the line that drugs is drugs [sic] and it made no difference which one it was, so for that reason, he was not going to answer the question of what he actually did put to him by one of the students. Completely unscientific and ignorant of centuries of psychology, medicine, and sociology.

"Just Say No" was a joke and a half too because it flew in the face of economics and many other factors concerning drugs -- people do not just go offering drugs to random people to rope them in or whatever.

About this time I also conceived my long-held notion that anything based on the experience of pot heads is only marginally relevant to this because the Wacky Tobaccky is food, not drugs . . . and my insistence that doing drugs is just a hobby like collecting stamps caught on really quickly amongst young and old very rapidly too . . .

It also struck me as incongruous that there was a lot of energy put into people realising their right to do what they wilt with respect to sex, but at the time, some of these same people would not agree that the right to manage one's nervous system and metabolism are amongst the most basic human rights and a critical component of personal autonomy . . .

Is there anyone who has actually observed someone, or themselves started on drugs, in a way and for reasons consonant with the preposterous theories put forward in the US in the 1980s with Nancy Reagan and so on? People do drugs to be cool, to fit in, just saying no is relevant and efficaceous and helpful, whatever, and it is always "drugs" -- the pharmacology, set and setting, or any possible objective like anxiolysis, pain relief, enhancing sex by hoovering up a bunch of Bolivian Marching Powder or whatever . . . How could anyone believe that mescaline, Sterno, hashish, morphine, Roids, smack, Reds, C-Jam, amyls, Op, meth, Everclear, acid, Lean, a big reefer, Vikes, rubbing alcohol., and ether are interchangeable?

I used to wonder if there was a cultural factor lost in translation or whatever, and I never believed in peer pressure either . . . The one thing that incensed me the most was a man who was giving a presentation to kids about doing drugs and regurgitating the line that drugs is drugs [sic] and it made no difference which one it was, so for that reason, he was not going to answer the question of what he actually did put to him by one of the students. Completely unscientific and ignorant of centuries of psychology, medicine, and sociology.

"Just Say No" was a joke and a half too because it flew in the face of economics and many other factors concerning drugs -- people do not just go offering drugs to random people to rope them in or whatever.

About this time I also conceived my long-held notion that anything based on the experience of pot heads is only marginally relevant to this because the Wacky Tobaccky is food, not drugs . . . and my insistence that doing drugs is just a hobby like collecting stamps caught on really quickly amongst young and old very rapidly too . . .

It also struck me as incongruous that there was a lot of energy put into people realising their right to do what they wilt with respect to sex, but at the time, some of these same people would not agree that the right to manage one's nervous system and metabolism are amongst the most basic human rights and a critical component of personal autonomy . . .
1. What the fuck did you just ramble on about? I need a TLDR
2. Lay off the stimulants
3. Have you accepted Jesus as your savior?

Sterno? People drank fucking STERNO????

1. What the fuck did you just ramble on about? I need a TLDR
2. Lay off the stimulants
3. Have you accepted Jesus as your savior?

Ja, actually I did and I am aware of the presence of the Holy Ghost in hydromorphone &c
But more to the point, I think I have sighted the 50th servitor of Beelzebub . . .

Sterno? People drank fucking STERNO????

It really took off during alcohol prohibition in the United States, and even if it was 80-94 per cent ethanol by weight, it also had denaturants in it like methanol, kerosene, and I think a series of bitter substances too, so it was rather unhealthy . . . it could be a last resort to stave off the 750 Itch (aka the Bottleache, Gallon Distemper, Quart Mania, Barrel Fever, The Ork-Orks, the Blue Horrors) or, like much going on with substances, it was considered when supply-chain problems cropped up for the drinker.

The other ingredients in Sterno are wax and other items to jelly the alcohol, sort of like naphthenic and palmitic acids are mixed together with petrol to make napalm and polystyrene is used by the Islamic State of Iraq & al-Sham and other malefactors for the same purpose. The wax &c necessitates putting the Sterno in a sock and squeezing it and catching the liquid in a jar. Therefore the guy in The Andromeda Strain telling the doctors to give the crying baby Squeeze and telling them how he takes aspirin and Squeeze for his ulcer. People who say that was in Soylent Green are mistaken.

So this timing explains the references to canned heat in more than a few classic blues and jazz pieces from the 1920s through the late 1940s or so. Although nationwide Prohibition ended in December 1933, it persisted statewide in the Deep South and Kansas later, and in a lot of counties and municipalities to this day, and as I pointed out, there is always the money and supply-chain problems that can affect anyone using any exogenous substance -- insulin and multivitamins, blood pressure medication and all the others included. And food too, for the senior citizens who have to eat cat food.

Also of interest, and often mentioned in these same compositions, is the Jake walk, which is an awkward walk which people got when they drank the patent medicine Jamaican Ginger and came down with neuropathy caused by organophosphate poisoning which attacked the spine and peripheral nerves and came from tricresyl phosphate, a creosote derivative which was mixed in by one company to pass the tests done by the Prohibition agents and people from the Department of Agriculture to make sure it was denatured to make it too bitter to drink since it was about 75 per cent ethanol. The additive was the same molecular weight as another agent which tasted awful, so when they boiled off the alcohol and weighed what was left, it looked like it was the unpotable stuff but in fact it tasted acceptable enough to be the base of some cocktails. The walk came from not being able to control the toes and the softening of the calves.

At the beginning of the Second World War, torpedoes ran on a steam engine in the back which used ethanol as a fuel, anything from 57 per cent, which is the lower limit of flammability, to pure anhydrous alcohol, and usually around 83-90 per cent ethanol by weight. Pour it through a loaf of white bread, mix two jiggers of it with three jiggers of pineapple juice, and you've got Torpedo Juice, which some bartenders still make to this day with Everclear, vodka, or Bacardi 151 rum I think is the other one. The torpedo fuel was dentatured with methanol and/or kerosene, and who knows how much made it through the loaf of bread. Methanol selectively attacks the optic nerve and causes blindness.

The first two were above and beyond other cases in which poisoned alcohol was knowingly let flow into the clandestine supply chain by a lot of these same Prohibition agents and others, with methanol being a favourite along with isopropanol, kerosene, petrol (I think they started adding tetraethyl lead as an anti-knock agent to petrol in the States around 1925, by the way), strychnine, potassium cyanide, oleander, organophosphates of various descriptions, and large doses of quinine and cinchophen. Sort of like WMDs like carfentanil and fentanyl showing up in smack and the Vikes and Oxy sourced on the side by chronic pain patients getting the squeeze or being kicked off, like Prince and thousands of others. The cinchophen sounds hauntingly like the 1943 law requiring hydrocodone to be mixed with paracetamol, phenacetin, aspirin, and the like.

Torpedo Juice was an inventory control problem as old as industrial alcohol itself.

Last edited:
This thread needs cliff notes and wtf is Sterno?

aka canned heat . . .

Now I guess drinking hand sanitiser is all the rage in the States . . . a lot of it has aloe vera extract in it, and of course the aloe vera plant (Aloe vera Linnaeus 1762) which of course is not the source of tequila, Blue Agave (Agave tequilana FAC Weber 1881) is, though that is an interesting rumour -- both are in the order Asparagales . . . 15 per cent of the time hand sanitisers use isopropanol rather than ethanol, and whilst I have never been interested enough to quaff rubbing alcohol, I do notice that the manufacturers take the time to denature it. Also there are beers referred to as IPA, which is laboratory parlance for IsoPropyl Alcohol (isopropanol) . . .

I am surprised that Wal-Mart still sells it, but then again narcotics are what the Post-Modern Techno-Industrial Megastate fears along with their running dogs the rehab rackets and cults. Alcohol begets violence, property damage, destroyed careers, actors spouting anti-Semitism to the cops, and gross sexual imposition, whereas narcotics like hydrocodone and morphine make the user love everybody. Things would fall apart for the powers that be really quickly.

Last edited:
aka canned heat . . .

Now I guess drinking hand sanitiser is all the rage in the States . . . a lot of it has aloe vera extract in it, and of course the aloe vera plant (Aloe vera Linnaeus 1762) which of course is not the source of tequila, Blue Agave (Agave tequilana Weber 1888) is, though that is an interesting rumour -- both are in the order Asparagales . . . 15 per cent of the time hand sanitisers use ispropanol rather than ethanol, and whilst I have never been interested enough to quaff rubbing alcohol, I do notice that the manufacturers take the time to denature it. Also there are beers referred to as IPA, which is laboratory parlance for IsoPropyl Alcohol (isopropanol) . . .

I am surprised that Wal-Mart still sells it, but then again narcotics are what the Post-Modern Techno-Industrial Megastate fears along with their running dogs the rehab rackets and cults

Thank you for the education. I'll never look at a bottle of Purell the same way again. Now they're advising parents to keep hand sanitizer out of the house. Just another reason I'm glad I'm not a parent. There's too much to worry about. If my kid had death by Purell, I would be extremely embarrassed. I would just cremate him. Not even deserving of a proper burial.

Thank you for the education. I'll never look at a bottle of Purell the same way again. Now they're advising parents to keep hand sanitizer out of the house. Just another reason I'm glad I'm not a parent. There's too much to worry about. If my kid had death by Purell, I would be extremely embarrassed. I would just cremate him. Not even deserving of a proper burial.

I also think something effective is that if kids are curious enough about alcohol to consider doing that, give them a taste of real alcohol at home and do not let them go out driving or anything -- they probably won't like the taste and be disappointed by the CNS effects, and I have heard of people who sat the kids down, let them have enough tequila to make them sick, and the kids went on to become very light social drinkers who never got into trouble, albiet probably not sitting at the bar with a salt shaker, slices of lemon and lime, and a bottle of tequila . . .

I also think something effective is that if kids are curious enough about alcohol to consider doing that, give them a taste of real alcohol at home and do not let them go out driving or anything -- they probably won't like the taste and be disappointed by the CNS effects, and I have heard of people who sat the kids down, let them have enough tequila to make them sick, and they went on to become very light social drinkers who never got into trouble
That's interesting. I can see that method going either way. By actually allowing the kids to drink, they could go on to become an alcoholic. I'll leave the parenting to the parents (wise parents, not just any dummies who reproduce). That's why I opted out of the parenting business. Who needs the headache.