• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stolen pain medicine HELP

opinaivekush

Greenlighter
Hello fellow bluelighters. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I had saved up about 120 percocets 5's, 40 percocet 10's, and 30 7.5 hydrocodones. This was all for emergency purposes in case I couldn't walk and was in severe pain. I put these inside my bed boxspring. I was having surgery and would be sleeping in the room downstairs as I wouldn't be able to deal with stairs. After about two and a half months, yesterday, I find out that 3 pill bottles were all gone. I could understand if one had fallen out by accident and gone missing, but all three? Highly unlikely. Two people have been in my room since I was gone, the cleaning lady and my cousin. I really don't suspect the maid to have done it as I have left a $1-2k in my room before and she hadn't laid a hand on it. My cousin on the other hand has a history of substance abuse. I can't believe he would do such a thing, I mean i've known him since I was a baby. It disgusts me he would even do something like this. I have no clue how to confront him. I told my entire family what happened, they also believe it was my cousin. How would you guys handle the situation? I keep trying to tell myself he wouldn't do such a thing, but I know deep down it was him. Can my fellow bluelight friends help me get to the bottom of this. I feel like i've been stabbed in the back.

Very difficult situation. Are you absolutely certain they were stolen? You have to be 100% b/f placing responsibility on others. I have nearly blamed others when later I found I had moved my meds to a different hiding spot.

If he's not prescribed any opiates and this was very recently you could confront him with gentle family support in a non-agressive manner but with a piss cup drug store test for opiods sitting in his view, and although this is passive-agressive behavior, I bet he fesses up b/f you even have to hand him the cup, if he took them. Of course, he may say he got opioids elsewhere, with family present lying is less likely, imo / ime.

Or you could file a police report, take it to the pharmacy and if your scripts are still valid, in other words you should have had those meds at this time, they can make you right. If not take that reprt to the prescribing physician if you are comfortable. It is your choice what you disclose to the police. You needn't implicate anyone.

I'm sure others will disagree, but it is a starting point to giving you ideas to deal with this issue. It is fraught with problems b/c, well you know better than I as it is your family. But you have to weigh his safety vs. potential fallout. If he stole them, he could use some positive re-inforcement to seek help.

Myself? I'd directly confront the cousin privately (I'm very empathetic but also physically intimidating as I am a big guy) and try a reasonable, non-shaming conversation where you acknowledge the disease that is addiction can understandably lead someone to have possibly nicked you meds, and you just need your meds back. Mention you know only two people were in your room. If he blames the maid, I'd let it go. Frame it from your side, with a gentle approach to trying to figure out where your meds went. Don't insist they were stolen, imply that someone with an opiod problem may have seen the oportunity and very understanably took them.

But are you 100% certain it was stolen? Could you have moved it, did the maid rotate the box spring and they're in a different corner now, etc...

Did they steal your current prescription for pain from the surgery if one was given? If not provided definitely call your doctor and tell them you are in too much pain although to get any pain medication prescribed due to regulations you need to go to the office and get a physical written prescription. As far as easy to obtain replacements you can try the Kratom herb while low quality at smoke shops vs ordering online very useful. You can also order "unwashed poppy seeds" (unwashed organic is key as the idea is unwashed seeds have opium residue on them) and to make tea put anywhere from 0.25-2 lbs into a 2 liter soda bottle whole recently I used a 1 liter smart water bottle that I thought worked better as it was a basic shape vs the five pronged funky bottle shape, pour in lukewarm water and shake aggressively soaking 15 minutes for the first wash, 1 hour for the second, and 3 hours for the third, to filter the water from the seeds lightly unscrew the cap so when the bottle turns over water leaks out, but the seeds don't, squeeze the bottle to cause the liquid to pour out faster, and the end result is an opiate filled tea that if you chug will knock you out possibly overdose with no tolerance and a potent seed batch while if you slowly take sips till your good or gulps every 30-60 min (I found effects kick in at 10 min while full relief kicks in at 20 min depending on what's in your stomach as I usually drink it on an empty stomach, but have a tolerance and only access to low quality seeds [Bob's red mill brand, which I have found in a common health food grocery store].

As far as your missing meds make sure it was not moved, but likely it is what you think. As far as how to approach it I have no recommendations sadly.

I second the drug test and be sure to buy the expensive 12 or more panel that differentiates between heroin, oxycodone, and if I'm not mistaken other opiates as a general category.

Very difficult situation. Are you absolutely certain they were stolen? You have to be 100% b/f placing responsibility on others. I have nearly blamed others when later I found I had moved my meds to a different hiding spot.

If he's not prescribed any opiates and this was very recently you could confront him with gentle family support in a non-agressive manner but with a piss cup drug store test for opiods sitting in his view, and although this is passive-agressive behavior, I bet he fesses up b/f you even have to hand him the cup, if he took them. Of course, he may say he got opioids elsewhere, with family present lying is less likely, imo / ime.

Or you could file a police report, take it to the pharmacy and if your scripts are still valid, in other words you should have had those meds at this time, they can make you right. If not take that reprt to the prescribing physician if you are comfortable. It is your choice what you disclose to the police. You needn't implicate anyone.

I'm sure others will disagree, but it is a starting point to giving you ideas to deal with this issue. It is fraught with problems b/c, well you know better than I as it is your family. But you have to weigh his safety vs. potential fallout. If he stole them, he could use some positive re-inforcement to seek help.

Myself? I'd directly confront the cousin privately (I'm very empathetic but also physically intimidating as I am a big guy) and try a reasonable, non-shaming conversation where you acknowledge the disease that is addiction can understandably lead someone to have possibly nicked you meds, and you just need your meds back. Mention you know only two people were in your room. If he blames the maid, I'd let it go. Frame it from your side, with a gentle approach to trying to figure out where your meds went. Don't insist they were stolen, imply that someone with an opiod problem may have seen the oportunity and very understanably took them.

But are you 100% certain it was stolen? Could you have moved it, did the maid rotate the box spring and they're in a different corner now, etc...
I keep currently prescribed opioids on my person at all times. I'm not sure if the piss test would would because I have no idea when he could have taken them. it's been over a month since the first time he stayed in my room. I checked my entire room, inside shoeboxes, inside shoes, inside coats, closed, drawers, behind drawers, and I also tore the entire bottom of my box spring just to make sure they weren't anywhere inside there. Every place in my room has been checked. I also had a bottle with only one percocet in my medicine cabinet and that bottle was gone too. I asked my family about that and they all said they didn't know anything about it. I don't need to involve any police, that would just unnecessary escalate the situation in nobody's favor. I think im going to confront him one on one. I don't want to involve his father, who lives with us, as he would never believe his child would do something such as this, oblivious to all the facts. I'm not going to be mentioning the maid cleaning my room because that would just give him somebody to blame it on. Hopefully he tells the truth and if he doesn't, well I guess I don't have a cousin anymore. The fact that he took the entire 3 bottles instead of just taking a few, or just asking me for a few just ticks me off. I trusted you so much and u just fucked my whole world up. It's plain wrong.

Did they steal your current prescription for pain from the surgery if one was given? If not provided definitely call your doctor and tell them you are in too much pain although to get any pain medication prescribed due to regulations you need to go to the office and get a physical written prescription. As far as easy to obtain replacements you can try the Kratom herb while low quality at smoke shops vs ordering online very useful. You can also order "unwashed poppy seeds" (unwashed organic is key as the idea is unwashed seeds have opium residue on them) and to make tea put anywhere from 0.25-2 lbs into a 2 liter soda bottle whole recently I used a 1 liter smart water bottle that I thought worked better as it was a basic shape vs the five pronged funky bottle shape, pour in lukewarm water and shake aggressively soaking 15 minutes for the first wash, 1 hour for the second, and 3 hours for the third, to filter the water from the seeds lightly unscrew the cap so when the bottle turns over water leaks out, but the seeds don't, squeeze the bottle to cause the liquid to pour out faster, and the end result is an opiate filled tea that if you chug will knock you out possibly overdose with no tolerance and a potent seed batch while if you slowly take sips till your good or gulps every 30-60 min (I found effects kick in at 10 min while full relief kicks in at 20 min depending on what's in your stomach as I usually drink it on an empty stomach, but have a tolerance and only access to low quality seeds [Bob's red mill brand, which I have found in a common health food grocery store].

As far as your missing meds make sure it was not moved, but likely it is what you think. As far as how to approach it I have no recommendations sadly.

I second the drug test and be sure to buy the expensive 12 or more panel that differentiates between heroin, oxycodone, and if I'm not mistaken other opiates as a general category.
Thankfully it was not my current script that was stolen. I have made sure that the stolen meds are nowhere to be found in my house. Do you know how long the opiates would stay in your urine for? If i recall correctly it is gone from the urine in less than a week so im not sure how helpful it would be.

It can be gone within a day only a lab test for metabolites can test up to week's. Definitely urine test him ASAP

I've had meds stolen twice. Don't underestimate how desperate people can get .. I have had to file a police report both times to get my meds back. Get the police report, take that to the doctor. They can and will Rx you more with the right paperwork.

The only thing you can do is file a police report. Even after taking this step, there's no guarantee that you're going to get all of your medications back, especially considering the fact that you've been "saving" them up. I'm not trying to pour salt in the wound here, but I wouldn't let anybody, not a soul, into the room where I keep my drugs/medication without my being present. You just can't do it.

File the police report and do your best to connect the dots in regards to who might have actually taken your pills. Then you can hand them over to the cops, put a name on your police report or at the very least, let them know that they should be ashamed and are no longer trusted by you.

I've had meds stolen twice. Don't underestimate how desperate people can get .. I have had to file a police report both times to get my meds back. Get the police report, take that to the doctor. They can and will Rx you more with the right paperwork.

Doctors will not replace lost or stolen pain meds, not any doctors I know or have dealt with, it's the oldest excuse a user reports and doctors and police always call BS on it. My signed agreement with my doctor is exactly that "lost or stolen pain meds" will not be issued a prescription PERIOD".

Well, if he did, they'll last him a lil bit, but once its gone, he's gunna be sick as a dawg. Just wait... If he starts showing signs of withdrawal, BINGO. If hes a user, there's no way hes gunna sell it. I'd take real stuff over dope anyday. Did he know you had a script, or that you were recieving said meds? Just go after him. Ask. It cant hurt. Play nice, at first, Hey man, just give them back, and we dont have to make this a big deal...

You could also just set a trap. Maybe a camera... Buy a cheap game camera. It wil catch him. Or an even smaller home security one.

Well, if he did, they'll last him a lil bit, but once its gone, he's gunna be sick as a dawg. Just wait... If he starts showing signs of withdrawal, BINGO. If hes a user, there's no way hes gunna sell it. I'd take real stuff over dope anyday. Did he know you had a script, or that you were recieving said meds? Just go after him. Ask. It cant hurt. Play nice, at first, Hey man, just give them back, and we dont have to make this a big deal...

You could also just set a trap. Maybe a camera... Buy a cheap game camera. It wil catch him. Or an even smaller home security one.
Ooh that sounds like a great plan. Planting a few percocet in the room and watching if he takes them. He deffinetely will take them though as he didn't even leave one pill in the whole upstairs part of my crib. Seacrched the medicine cabinets after he found my meds in my room. Shit opiates make some people do some bad things, I understand that. I just started walking, and the pain gets so bad sometimes I start to tear up. If he sees his little cousin in that much pain and does not fess up, well, then we know we have a serious problem going on. I mean I know he probably so those pills and they reminded him of the opi high, guy couldn't resist. Drug dependancy is some powerful shit man.

The only thing you can do is file a police report. Even after taking this step, there's no guarantee that you're going to get all of your medications back, especially considering the fact that you've been "saving" them up. I'm not trying to pour salt in the wound here, but I wouldn't let anybody, not a soul, into the room where I keep my drugs/medication without my being present. You just can't do it.

File the police report and do your best to connect the dots in regards to who might have actually taken your pills. Then you can hand them over to the cops, put a name on your police report or at the very least, let them know that they should be ashamed and are no longer trusted by you.
I have no problem in getting more new percocet to keep for emergency situations. I don't need to get police involved. That shit would fuck his life up, and no matter what he did I can't sink that low to hurt him, i've known him to long. He obviously doesn't give a shit about me though but I guess im just a pussy. I'm praying he admits to his wrongdoing, or I do not see a possible future for us together, sadly.

I've had meds stolen by house cleaners-I think. There were a number of people in my house over a two week period. My pain management people required a police report and a visit to get another script. I had a few pills lifted on occasion but this was a full bottle of 90 Norco. No way I wasn't going to notice that it was gone!

After that experience, I started locking up my meds. A pain in the butt, but better than losing my meds.

I've had meds stolen by house cleaners-I think. There were a number of people in my house over a two week period. My pain management people required a police report and a visit to get another script. I had a few pills lifted on occasion but this was a full bottle of 90 Norco. No way I wasn't going to notice that it was gone!

After that experience, I started locking up my meds. A pain in the butt, but better than losing my meds.
This maid helped my grandmother during her last days, so she could have stolen meds before, but never has. I really don't believe her to be the root of this problem. I deffinetely will start keeping my medicine locked up. I trust nobody at this time honestly.

Doctors will not replace lost or stolen pain meds, not any doctors I know or have dealt with, it's the oldest excuse a user reports and doctors and police always call BS on it. My signed agreement with my doctor is exactly that "lost or stolen pain meds" will not be issued a prescription PERIOD".
Yep. The cops also don't look favorably on people who "let" there medicine be stolen as it contributes to drug dealing. I would keep the matter in family. I don't know why your letting the maid off easy. Stealing money is much different then opiates. I think u should let it go and not make a family fight out of the matter.

Yep. The cops also don't look favorably on people who "let" there medicine be stolen as it contributes to drug dealing. I would keep the matter in family. I don't know why your letting the maid off easy. Stealing money is much different then opiates. I think u should let it go and not make a family fight out of the matter.
she has had access to many medications around the house benzos/opiates of other family members. She had never touched them before so I have no reason to believe she would do such a thing. She is also very straightedge doesn't mess with the drugs. I want to make a big deal out of it because my cousin obviously has a problem if he is stealing meds from me. If he admits it I and the rest of my family will do the best we can in order to help him. If he denies it though I honestly couldn't give a shit about his wellbeing. I know from experience though an addict will remain using substances as long as it is what they truly want for themselves. The only person who can change ones mind is oneself. All we can really do is give support and hope.

Stolen meds can be a touchy subject really. I've had mine stolen quite a bit. Its bet not to tell authorities or make a deal out of it. Any time I did I got blamed for taking them all or selling them. The last time my probation officer violated me because I reported them stolen and he just assumed I took them and I went to jail for four months. Giving support and hope to people who put you on withdrawal HELL and insomnia and seizures and delirium (and in my instance jail for four months) though just so they can get high...?

I recently ordered a time lock safe to help me take my opiates as prescribed, as I am a pain management patient. After reading this thread, I am glad it will be here soon, as I don't have my pills safely secured. I am so sorry to hear that your own cousin could have stolen from you. Addicts do get desperate, I know, but it just sucks to steal from family. I hope you find out for sure who took them... I love the idea of the camera.

For those that get your pills stolen is because you are an easy target, it has been discovered that you do not secure your meds to the fullest extent. Family members that steal your meds is that when you get dope sick you will do anything for relief. It's not personal, they just can't help it so until you start securing your meds the as best as you can you will continue to be a target.

For those that get your pills stolen is because you are an easy target, it has been discovered that you do not secure your meds to the fullest extent. Family members that steal your meds is that when you get dope sick you will do anything for relief. It's not personal, they just can't help it so until you start securing your meds the as best as you can you will continue to be a target.
he wasn't dopesick though he just wanted to get high. He's here and im very nervous to confront him.