• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Stimulants and happienss

Interesting post. I've always figured that clinical depression was what played a role in addiction combined with thrill seeking behavior.

As a child I was diagnosed with ADHD and depression.. They put me on methylphenidate and fluvoxamine when I was SEVEN because I was inattentive/impulsive and engaging in self harm. Keep in mind this was in the 90s long before the whole "emo" fad made cutting oneself trendy..

Fast forward a few years and I was smoking meth. Big surprise there right? Well, nobody ever told me but I believe that depression or any other chemical imbalance certainly does make you more prone to addiction, regardless of whether or not there's a name for it. Seems pretty simple to understand although the condition itself is much more complicated.

Thrill seeking behavior is not usually exhibited by patients with clinical depression.

Thrill seeking behavior is not usually exhibited by patients with clinical depression.

Are you sure about that? I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion. Interaction with other human beings is how I gathered this information. It makes sense that someone who feels down would want a bit of a thrill.. Maybe it's more common in bipolar people?

The placebo effect in action, folks!

You must be crazy if you think that milk is "the placebo effect in action". That is like saying vitamins and minerals from food is just "placebo in action" lmao. Look up Casein/Casomorphins and tryptophan. You are most likely just ignorant to the research so I wont bash you too hard. But I do encourage you to research it and you might be surprised and come back to apologize.

Last edited:
You must be crazy if you think that milk is "the placebo effect in action". That is like saying vitamins and minerals from food is just "placebo in action" lmao. Look up Casein/Casomorphins and tryptophan. You are most likely just ignorant to the research so I wont bash you too hard. But I do encourage you to research it and you might be surprised and come back to apologize.

I am aware of the endogenous opiod like chemicals in milk that have never been shown to cross the blood bran barrier, and trytophan raises the available levels of serotonin but doesn't induce the release of it. Neither of those chemicals provide a buzz. If you have any evidence whatsoever other than your anecdotal report of tryptophan causing a high or any chemical in milk crossing the blood brain barrier, then I might consider apologizing.

I am aware of the endogenous opiod like chemicals in milk that have never been shown to cross the blood bran barrier, and trytophan raises the available levels of serotonin but doesn't induce the release of it. Neither of those chemicals provide a buzz. If you have any evidence whatsoever other than your anecdotal report of tryptophan causing a high or any chemical in milk crossing the blood brain barrier, then I might consider apologizing.

I didn't say that I got high off milk ever lol. But it is certainly relaxing, no doubt about it.

001.png

Heres some pretty cool info, relatively speaking its a very small amount of information. Let me know what you think, I do enjoy a good scientific argument. Its a win/win situation for everyone. I believe since we're talking about cow milk that the bovine casomorphins are what were looking at. As far as the Tryptophan goes, we all know its a precursor to Serotonin, really no discussion there.

Last edited:
Yes, Casomorphins and Gliadomorphins are indicated for food-addiction (ever try to give up pasta and cheese sandwiches?)

But I think you're missing the point. It's not that milk or essential nutrients can get you high or replace alcohol, obviously. They can just give you a more balanced body-chemistry, which is just what most drug-users need, having abused their receptors and neglected their bodies (not to mention in withdrawal).

Although supplementing with amino acids in large doses gives a much stronger effect than you can get from food. It's a bit hard to explain if you haven't tried it, maybe like if you could eat non-stop all day. You get a subtle mood-lift from food, then it drops, instead it can keep going all day.

Yes, Casomorphins and Gliadomorphins are indicated for food-addiction (ever try to give up pasta and cheese sandwiches?)

But I think you're missing the point. It's not that milk or essential nutrients can get you high or replace alcohol, obviously. They can just give you a more balanced body-chemistry, which is just what most drug-users need, having abused their receptors and neglected their bodies (not to mention in withdrawal).

Although supplementing with amino acids in large doses gives a much stronger effect than you can get from food. It's a bit hard to explain if you haven't tried it, maybe like if you could eat non-stop all day. You get a subtle mood-lift from food, then it drops, instead it can keep going all day.

Completely agree Ninae, thank you for your feedback.