• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Stimulant use and teeth erosion

mydrugbuddy

Bluelighter
OK, i know theres probably plenty of info about this on the net, but I just wanted to get some personal experiences from others on here who may be interested in the subject or have simillar issues....

Ive been taking various stims pretty much every weekend for many many months now. Recently i noticed the sudden appearance of signs of decay on my teeth. Like cracks appearing and the enamel becoming translucent like its being eroded away. I swear i can now feel this erosion process happening after taking a snort or smoke of some stim or other. I never bothered to brush my teeth after a session, but im now going to try to change this, if im not too fucked to do so. Better late than never.

Ive always been glad to have a fine set of healthy nashers, and am sad to see this happening. Going to the dentsist soon, i fear he may ask me if ive been using drugs, not sure if i should be honest with him or not !

Apologies if all this sounds a bit pansyish, not really the who gives a shit hardcore rock n roll attitude, but thats not really me, and im a vain fucker.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I think it must be an impurity in the meth, or perhaps the dryness in the mouth meth causes leading to decay. I was a daily smoker of meth for years and my teeth are fine, maybe I'm just lucky, but it inclines me to think 'meth mouth' must be due to a specific cut not found in the Aussie market.

That's the major downfall to meth for me :/ I love my teeth! Never had any cavities ever. For a while there I was freaking the !@#$ out at the recession of my gums, and after going through all my pre-meth pictures, cropping out my mouth lol and comparing them to now I realized that the recession is very minor. It was just the damn paranoia getting to me. But I still get paranoid that one of my teeth is gonna chip/crumble or completely fall out when eating. Gotta love the paranoia -_-

In my experience its mainly from calcium deficiency, cotton mouth, and smoking it. I'm 95-100lbs so the calcium gets sucked out of me real quick. Also, if you're a teeth grinder/clencher that will do a helluva number on your teeth, thankfully I don't have that problem. As mentioned before, I've noticed my gums have started to recede, but other than that my teeth are white and not cracked/chipped.

To help slow down the process, I immediately mouthwash after smoking. I use listerine total care without alcohol (dries out mouth even more). I like it because as opposed to the regular listerine it helps to prevent cavities, restores minerals to enamel, and strengthens teeth. I swish for as long as I can. Then I brush for a good 5 mins. I was using a special toothpaste for dry mouth, but I ran out since I got it from my mom and it was already 1/2 gone..it didn't really seem to help much anyway. I want to get some mouthwash for dry mouth though...Anyway, after brushing I swish mouthwash again, this time not as long as before (45sec-1min).

Make sure to floss EVERY day! I've actually become a bit obsessed with flossing ever since switching from normal floss to the little flossing sticks. They make it sooo much easier, plus you can do it anywhere. And if you're flossing while high, be as gentle as possible! Since meth (in my experience) raises pain tolerance, you won't realize that you're sawing through your damn gums lol. Oh and I like to gently massage my gums with my fingers to promote blood flowsince meth causes vasoconstriction.

Also, I've attached a straw to my pipe so that I can put it as deep in my mouth as possible when I inhale, so it passes the teeth. I also exhale through a straw cause I think that helps too. Some people disapprove of this because of the BPA and phthalates that are released when plastic is heated, and also I'm sure the meth helps to release it to. However, studies show that you're exposed to that shit constantly everyday, so I really dgaf. It can't be worse than the meth itself lmao.

Be sure to have water accesible at all times, and it really helps the cotton mouth to chew a piece of (sugarless) gum. Oh! And if you're like me, and get a sweet tooth while high (I always crave peanut butter while on it haha) try not to eat a lot of candy or anything else high in sugar.

*edit* I also take calcium supplements every day (2x the recommended dose) along with omega 3, centrum multi-vitamin, hair skin and nails vitamin, and D3

I think that's everything, if I remember anything else I'll come back. But yeah, basically nothing you can do to prevent it, and I've accepted that, but it does make me feel a lot better to do these things.

Edit: Ah, I just realized that in your post you say you don't take meth..My bad! Hopefully my tips are helpful either way

Last edited:
^^^

yes that is helpful. Many thanks for the detailed reply ! Maybe i should edit out that "meth mouth" example i put in as it seems to be confusing things. I think the same principles apply to many different stimulants though.

I'm a fiend bout oral care. I do everything recommended by dentists. Minimum brushing and flossing 2x a day. I also cut down on sugar and added a calcium chewable to my day. I get busy and forget to sip my water from time to time. My gums were having issues but I added Paroex mouthwash to my routine and my gums improved quickly.

I put a peice of paper towel in my cheekand bite on it when i clench my jaw it keeps a small amount of liquid from your drink in your mouth and gives you feed bacj when u are grinding and prevents the teeth from touching