• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc stimulant+pregabalin(lyrica) for motivation and sociability

cwill127

Greenlighter
I have recently been taking Effexor and Klonopin and lamictal here in jail, I'm getting out soon, at first I plan to stay on the Effexor because I love the motivation and sociability it gives me. I've always been able to talk to women but it amplifies it. However it causes a decrease in music appreciation and decreases the potency of psychedelics and I just can't have that.
I've been on many meds but don't quite remember the motivation/social effect. I'm planning to try either Dexedrine, lyrica, and klonipin, or Xanax; do you think that would be good enough for motivation or should I add bupropion?
I was also thinking about Adderall or Xanax and Klonopin. I know its probably better for motivation than Dex., but would it mess me up socially? Any suggestions are welcomed, thank you.
P.S. I've heard from people that lyrica depotentiatiates opiates, is this true?

Hello cwill127. This is a very excellent post. You mentioned being in jail, but getting out soon. No need to answer, but what put you in jail in the first place? I'm leading into the answer here. You mentioned being on Lamictal. There is a reason your on that. Not judging. I'm on Risperdal. Now jail is boring. That current combo is pretty sedate. Your motivated and social ability is probably mainly taken care of by the Effexor plus Klonopin. That is relaxing you, yet stimulating in the correct areas. The Lamictal is reigning something in. Do you fight? Are you a threat? Again, no judgement. At the very least, the Lamictal is mellowing you out on a heavier scale, muting some of the music appreciation, probably taking a chunk out of psychedelics, thus adding to the relaxing properties of the Effexor + Klonopin. Good jail combo.
Now, depending on your level(s) of self control, influences the next answers.
Right off the bat, I would go with Dexedrine, Lyrica, and Klonopin, but stop there. I would give that a chance before trying bupropion. I'm not a fan of cathinones. I do not feel Xanax is a good fit here and is easier to get into a bad habit with.
Depending on how healthy you and your doctor feel you are is a major concern with the Adderall. Yes it will motivate you, but has an added body load and it doesn't last nearly as long a Dexedrine. Again, I have to assume parts of this reply, but I would not recommend Xanax. Too short acting, easy to get stuck on. Technically, splitting hairs here, but Adderall would probably be slightly more socially awkward, but not much.
My final choice would be, depending on the doses, leave alone or have the dosage of Effexor tapered lower. Taper the Lamictal down lower or off( talk extensively with your doctor about this). I would add Dexedrine and Lyrica to the Klonopin. That should be a nice combination. Also, in regards to the Lyrica and opiates, I'm actually wondering the same thing. For now, I feel that you or myself get to a point on Lyrica, where there is just no point in taking any more opiates or even benzodiazepines for that matter. I find that when I'm on Lyrica, my benzodiazepine dosages go down and occasionally stop for a period of time. Next month, I am getting my doctor to max out my Lyrica dosage to 600mg a day. I think with Lyrica, you simply need less. I hope this helped.

Your welcome. Feel free to PM me anytime. I have plenty of experience with them both.

Just curious about this. Are you currently locked up and posted this? Just caught my interest right off the bat lol

Me too. If locked up, how is he posting? Maybe he has an old lady on the outside that posts for him,lol.

I'm his cousin, I just write down what he asks me to when we speak on the phone.

Cool. We were just playing with what you said. I'm sure dude can find out a lot of drug related stuff on the inside. Also, you can say, my dude is locked up ,,,,,, We will know what you mean. Just don't SWIM and your cool. That's cool you are posting for him. If he has any other questions or what ever ,post them up here

Using pregablin for me created w/d symptoms fast, like within week, and I found it totally useless for sociability. A small dose of dexedrine is all he would need really, maybe 20mg. Although the euphoria will disappear taking it daily, the positive effects should remain. The trick is try not to chase that euphoria, cause although you'll have a good time for a week, you'll be left with terrible side effects and no benefits.

To a point I agree w/BasX. Dexedrine is all I need. My blood pressure goes down and I really mellow out. That is on top of laser focus, clean stimulation and increased sense of well being. Lyrica has to be understood/respected. In Europe, it's prescribed for anxiety. I have used it for fibromyalgia, benzo substitute and opiate substitute. In high doses, it felt like ketamine.It's a drug that numbs you up.
Now, say I use for a month between 750mg and 1g a day, yea, stopping might be a bitch. If you withdrawal to fast, your going to have a bad time. Withdrawal can feel worse then benzodiazepines. Now next month, my doctor is raising my dose to 600mg/day. That is the maximum suggested by Phizer. Now this is how simple this all is. I take 600mg/day( I've gone higher ). Say I stay on this dose for six months. I will taper my dose, probably with a benzo, but absolutely not needed) for a MINIMUM of one month. I've been on different doses of Lyrica. Some withdrawals long, some withdrawals tapered. Anyway, after a six month continuous dose of 600mg a day, as not as bad as you think it is to taper, I would take 3-6 months on a taper, and feel no withdrawal. Is that a bit excessive? Yea, a bit, but no withdrawal. This drug is not the best party drug. Don't be fooled, it is very strong when used correctly.