• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids still strugglin with sustained release morphine zomorph capsules

Hezman94

Bluelighter
ive managed to take one in the morning but i feel all restless and pains in my legs and back till ive taken 15mg-20mg instant, Also its a shame i cant plug everyday as I get bad constipation and Its very variable for example I took 20mg and it smashed me which I didnt intend because of how my bowels were and were the water went so its a fuk about plus oral morpine aint that baD I always take anti acid with it.
but yeah the extendeds dont do much for me. im wondering if it would be so bad in afternoon to half the capsule in water and take 30mg or less every 5hour in afternoon, I do take the morning one whole.

Did it work when taken as directed? It is entirely possible that it didn't, especially if one has unusual digestion. Zomorph was made by its manufacturer specifically as a response to political pressure from people who were ignorant, vicious poseurs and gangsters and their scientists are apparently too smart by half. I traded a day's worth of my MST Continus for Zomorph when my aunt came over from the States so I could try it, and it, in my humble opinion, was an abomination from a pharmaceutics and political standpoint. I also had an attack of angina pectoris for the first time in years and Stage I withdrawal by mid-afternoon.

A regional Walgreens manager and her family of chemists and physician assistants got so angry about the whole thing that they started warning patients and doctors and fighting with other managers and chemists, doctors, salespeople, and especially insurance companies about it and I believe they all went out and bought a bunch of Mallinckrodt and/or Purdue stock and bonds because of this. I heard about this at a hydrocodone party in 2016 celebrating the electoral defeat of a US Senator who, ironically enough, tried to ban Zohydro, the hydrocodone analogue of Zomorph. She told us all to gather round, takes out a box of Roxanol 100, gets out the bottle, opens it and pierces the foil, and slams the whole thing like a shot of tequila or Five Hour Energy, then she starts telling us the story. She got out her cell phone and we look up some charts and have a technical analysis discussion and I think the MNK in particular was a good move.

It could be me, of course. I also have had to be taken off of ER medications in the past because they would not dissolve properly, and once vomited up a bezoar of wax, chalk, and unabsorbed medication the size of a ping-pong ball, and used to shit out other medications. Some manufacturers' tablets and capsules simply are better than others, as many, many fully compliant patients, doctors, and pharmacists know.

Last edited:
So zomorph and zohydro made by same people?
noticed theres no zomorph in america.

Zomorph isn't there anymore? Zogenix sucks, as I elucidate above.

The US government also bullied Endo into removing the brand name Opana from the market -- I hope there is a stockholders' meeting I can make it to and raise Cain . . .

Full Prescribing Information | Important Safety Information | Medication Guide | Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy | For Patients

hortise

When opioid-experienced patients with chronic pain need more than short-term solutions
START FAST

with measurable hydrocodone levels within a half hour of first dose1,2
FINISH STRONG

with no end-of-dose failure3

Starting your patients on
Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®
calculate
CALCULATE DOSEarrow

Learn how
BeadTek® works
watchvideo
WATCH VIDEOarrow

Your patients maybe eligible
for Copay Assistance
stateimg
DOWNLOAD CARDarrow

Zohydro® ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) Extended-Release Capsules, CII, with BeadTek® is the
hydrocodone you know in an ER formulation that delivers true 12-hour pain control, from start to finish.4
START FAST, FINISH STRONG
4 out of 5 available doses help patients stay at or below the recommended CDC Guideline5
capsules

*Capsules are not shown at actual size.
THE 5 DOSE STRENGTHS OF ZOHYDRO® ER (HYDROCODONE BITARTRATE) EXTENDED-RELEASE CAPSULES, CII, WITH BEADTEK® PROVIDE THE FLEXIBILITY TO1:
  • Reduce pill burden for patients taking IR hydrocodone around the clock
  • Prescribe therapeutic doses without concern for acetaminophen dose ceilings
  • Provide low doses for patients who are new to ER opioid therapy
  • Titrate to a dose that provides adequate pain management, every 12 hours, which may be done every 3 to 7 days
1:1 conversion ratio when transitioning from IR hydrocodone1
EXAMPLE OF A CONVERSION FACTOR TO ZOHYDRO® ER WITH BEADTEK® (not equianalgesic doses)1
Example of a Conversion Factor

Vicodin®, Vicodin ES®, and Vicodin HP® are registered trademarks of AbbVie Inc.
This table cannot be used to convert from Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® to IR hydrocodone.
For breakthrough pain, patients may require a dose increase of Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® or a rescue medication with an appropriate dose of an IR analgesic.1
Discontinue all other around-the-clock opioid drugs when Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®therapy is initiated. Instruct patients to never take a dose of Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®beyond what is prescribed. Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® is NOT indicated as an as-needed (prn) analgesic.1
Conversion to Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®
(not equianalgesic doses)1

ER OPIOID CONVERSION CALCULATOR
Select Opioid
Enter Total
Daily Oral Dose

OXYCODONEOXYMORPHONEMORPHINE
METHADONEHYDROMORPHONECODEINE
mg
=
Approximate Twice-Daily 12-Hour Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®Dose 0 mg

FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY. Do not rely solely on calculator when converting patients from other opioid treatments. For more information about dosages and conversion, read the full Prescribing Information. The guidance provided above is a reasonable example of proper dose conversion to Zohydro® ER. It is not a replacement for clinical decision making, which should be modified and tailored to individual patient response. These conversion factors have not been verified in well-controlled, multiple-dose trials. Because hydrocodone and other opioid analgesics can affect patients very differently, it is safer to underestimate a patient’s 24-hour dose and provide rescue medication as needed than to overestimate the 24-hour dose.
Starting Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®
ZOHYDRO® ER WITH BEADTEK® IS TAKEN ONCE EVERY 12 HOURS1
icon

Discontinue all other around-the-clock opioid drugs when Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® therapy is initiated.
icon

Instruct patients to only take Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® exactly as prescribed.
icon

Initiate the dosing regimen for each patient individually, accounting for prior analgesic treatment experience and risk factors for addiction, abuse, or misuse.

Instruct patients to swallow capsules whole, one at a time, and with enough water to ensure complete swallowing immediately after placing in mouth. Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® can be taken with or without food.
Titration1
ZOHYDRO® ER WITH BEADTEK® IS TAKEN ONCE EVERY 12 HOURS
explain starting twice-daily

Titrate Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® to a dose that provides adequate pain management and minimizes adverse events, as needed every 12 hours every 3 to 7 days
Monitor closely to maintain pain control, assess adverse events, and identify any signs of addiction, abuse, or misuse
Maintenance1
icon

Periodically reassess the continued need for opioid analgesics
icon

After starting Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®, you should explain to patients that it may take a few days for the body to adjust and experience pain control
icon

Monitor patients and ask if they are still experiencing uncontrolled pain, or have unacceptable side effects

PATIENTS STILL EXPERIENCING UNCONTROLLED PAIN MAY REQUIRE:
  • A dose increase of Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®

If the level of pain increases after dose stabilization, attempt to identify the source of increased pain while adjusting the Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® dose

OR
  • A rescue medication with an appropriate dose of an IR analgesic
ZOHYDRO® ER WITH BEADTEK® IS NOT INDICATED AS AN AS-NEEDED (PRN) ANALGESIC
Discontinuing Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®1
example taper schedule

When a patient no longer requires Zohydro® ER with BeadTek®, gradually titrate the dose down every 2 to 4 days to prevent signs and symptoms of withdrawal
Do not abruptly discontinue the medication
Unused capsules should be immediately disposed of in accordance with state guidelines or regulations
ER=extended release; IR=immediate release
http://www.zohydroer.com/efficacy-data.php
FOR ZOHYDRO® ER WITH BEADTEK®
Zohydro® ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) extended-Release Capsules, for oral use, CII
Rx Only
Important Safety Information
Please see package insert for full Prescribing Information
WARNING: ADDICTION, ABUSE, AND MISUSE; RISK EVALUATION AND MITIGATION STRATEGY (REMS); LIFE-THREATENING RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION; ACCIDENTAL INGESTION; NEONATAL OPIOID WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME; CYTOCHROME P450 3A4 INTERACTION; RISKS FROM CONCOMITANT USE WITH BENZODIAZEPINES AND OTHER CNS DEPRESSANTS; and INTERACTION WITH ALCOHOL;

Addiction, Abuse, and Misuse
Zohydro® ER exposes patients and other users to the risks of opioid addiction, abuse, and misuse, which can lead to overdose and death. Assess each patient’s risk prior to prescribing Zohydro® ER and monitor all patients regularly for the development of these behaviors and conditions.
Opioid Analgesic Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS):
To ensure that the benefits of opioid analgesics outweigh the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has required a REMS for these products. Under the requirements of the REMS, drug companies with approved opioid analgesic products must make REMS-compliant education programs available to healthcare providers. Healthcare providers are strongly encouraged to
  • complete a REMS-compliant education program,
  • counsel patients and/or their caregivers, with every prescription, on safe use, serious risks, storage, and disposal of these products,
  • emphasize to patients and their caregivers the importance of reading the Medication Guide every time it is provided by their pharmacist, and
  • consider other tools to improve patient, household, and community safety.

Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression
Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression may occur with use of Zohydro® ER. Monitor for respiratory depression, especially during initiation of Zohydro® ER or following a dose increase. Instruct patients to swallow Zohydro® ER capsules whole; crushing, chewing, or dissolving Zohydro® ER capsules can cause rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of hydrocodone.
Accidental Ingestion
Accidental ingestion of even one dose of Zohydro® ER, especially by children, can result in a fatal overdose of hydrocodone.
Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome
Prolonged use of Zohydro® ER during pregnancy can result in neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, which may be life-threatening if not recognized and treated, and requires management according to protocols developed by neonatology experts. If opioid use is required for a prolonged period in a pregnant woman, advise the patient of the risk of neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome and ensure that appropriate treatment will be available.
Cytochrome P450 3A4 Interaction
The concomitant use of Zohydro® ER with all cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors may result in an increase in hydrocodone plasma concentrations, which could increase or prolong adverse drug effects and may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression. In addition, discontinuation of a concomitantly used cytochrome P450 3A4 inducer may result in an increase in hydrocodone plasma concentration. Monitor patients receiving Zohydro® ER and any CYP3A4 inhibitor or inducer.
Risks from Concomitant Use with Benzodiazepines or Other CNS Depressants
Concomitant use of opioids with benzodiazepines or other central nervous system (CNS) depressants, including alcohol, may result in profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death.
  • Reserve concomitant prescribing of Zohydro® ER and benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate.
  • Limit dosages and durations to the minimum required.
  • Follow patients for signs and symptoms of respiratory depression and sedation.

Interaction with Alcohol
Instruct patients not to consume alcoholic beverages or use prescription or non-prescription products that contain alcohol while taking Zohydro® ER. The co-ingestion of alcohol with Zohydro® ER may result in increased plasma levels and a potentially fatal overdose of hydrocodone.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Zohydro® ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) is indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
  • Because of the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse with opioids, even at recommended doses, and because of the greater risks of overdose and death with extended-release opioid formulations, reserve Zohydro® ER for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options (e.g., non-opioid analgesics or immediate-release opioids) are ineffective, not tolerated, or would be otherwise inadequate to provide sufficient management of pain.
  • Zohydro® ER is not indicated as an as-needed (prn) analgesic.
CONTRAINDICATIONS
  • Significant respiratory depression.
  • Acute or severe bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment
  • Known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus
  • Hypersensitivity to hydrocodone or to any other components of Zohydro® ER.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Addiction, Abuse, and Misuse

Zohydro® ER contains hydrocodone, a Schedule II controlled substance. As an opioid, Zohydro® ER exposes users to the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse. Because extended-release products such as Zohydro® ER deliver the opioid over an extended period of time, there is a greater risk for overdose and death due to the larger amount of hydrocodone present.
Although the risk of addiction in any individual is unknown, it can occur in patients appropriately prescribed Zohydro® ER. Addiction can occur at recommended doses and if the drug is misused or abused.
Assess each patient’s risk for opioid addiction, abuse, or misuse prior to prescribing Zohydro® ER, and monitor all patients receiving Zohydro® ER for the development of these behaviors and conditions. Risks are increased in patients with a personal or family history of substance abuse (including drug or alcohol addiction or abuse) or mental illness (e.g., major depression). The potential for these risks should not, however, prevent the prescribing of Zohydro® ER for the proper management of pain in any given patient. Patients at increased risk may be prescribed opioids such as Zohydro® ER, but use in such patients necessitates intensive counseling about the risks and proper use of Zohydro® ER along with intensive monitoring for signs of addiction, abuse, and misuse.
Abuse or misuse of Zohydro® ER by crushing, chewing, snorting, or injecting the dissolved product will result in the uncontrolled delivery of the hydrocodone and can result in overdose and death.
Opioids are sought by drug abusers and people with addiction disorders and are subject to criminal diversion. Consider these risks when prescribing or dispensing Zohydro® ER. Strategies to reduce these risks include prescribing the drug in the smallest appropriate quantity and advising the patient on the proper disposal of unused drug. Contact local state professional licensing board or state controlled substances authority for information on how to prevent and detect abuse or diversion of this product.
Opioid Analgesic Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS)
To ensure that the benefits of opioid analgesics outweigh the risks of addiction, abuse, and misuse, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has required a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) for these products. Under the requirements of the REMS, drug companies with approved opioid analgesic products must make REMS-compliant education programs available to healthcare providers. Healthcare providers are strongly encouraged to do all of the following:

• Complete a REMS-compliant education program offered by an accredited provider of continuing education (CE) or another education program that includes all the elements of the FDA Education Blueprint for Health Care Providers Involved in the Management or Support of Patients with Pain.
  • Discuss the safe use, serious risks, and proper storage and disposal of opioid analgesics with patients and/or their caregivers every time these medicines are prescribed. The Patient Counseling Guide (PCG) can be obtained at this link: www.fda.gov/OpioidAnalgesicREMSPCG.
  • Emphasize to patients and their caregivers the importance of reading the Medication Guide that they will receive from their pharmacist every time an opioid analgesic is dispensed to them.
  • Consider using other tools to improve patient, household, and community safety, such as patient-prescriber agreements that reinforce patient-prescriber responsibilities.

To obtain further information on the opioid analgesic REMS and for a list of accredited REMS CME/CE, call 1-800-503-0784, or log on to www.opioidanalgesicrems.com. The FDA Blueprint can be found at www.fda.gov/OpioidAnalgesicREMSBlueprint.
Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression
Serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression has been reported with the use of opioids, even when used as recommended. Respiratory depression, if not immediately recognized and treated, may lead to respiratory arrest and death. Management of respiratory depression may include close observation, supportive measures, and use of opioid antagonists, depending on the patient’s clinical status. Carbon dioxide (CO2) retention from opioid-induced respiratory depression can exacerbate the sedating effects of opioids.
While serious, life-threatening, or fatal respiratory depression can occur at any time during the use of Zohydro® ER, the risk is greatest during the initiation of therapy or following a dosage increase. Monitor patients closely for respiratory depression, especially within the first 24-72 hours of initiating therapy with and following dosage increases of Zohydro® ER.
To reduce the risk of respiratory depression, proper dosing and titration of Zohydro® ER are essential. Overestimating the Zohydro® ER dose when converting patients from another opioid product can result in fatal overdose with the first dose.
Accidental ingestion of even one dose of Zohydro® ER, especially by children, can result in respiratory depression and death due to an overdose of hydrocodone.
Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome
Prolonged use of Zohydro® ER during pregnancy can result in withdrawal in the neonate. Neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome, unlike opioid withdrawal syndrome in adults, may be life-threatening if not recognized and treated, and requires management according to protocols developed by neonatology experts. Observe newborns for signs of neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome and mange accordingly. Advise pregnant women using opioids for a prolonged period of the risk of neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome and ensure that appropriate treatment will be available.
Risks from Concomitant Use or Discontinuation of Cytochrome P450 3A4 Inhibitors and Inducers
Concomitant use of Zohydro® ER with a CYP3A4 inhibitor, such as macrolide antibiotics (e.g., erythromycin), azole-antifungal agents (e.g., ketoconazole), and protease inhibitors (e.g., ritonavir), may increase plasma concentrations of hydrocodone and prolong opioid adverse reactions, which may cause potentially fatal respiratory depression, particularly when an inhibitor is added after a stable dose of Zohydro® ER is achieved. Similarly, discontinuation of a CYP3A4 inducer, such as rifampin, carbamazepine, and phenytoin, in Zohydro® ER-treated patients may increase hydrocodone plasma concentrations and prolong opioid adverse reactions. When using Zohydro® ER with CYP3A4 inhibitors or discontinuing CYP3A4 inducers in Zohydro® ER-treated patients, monitor patients closely at frequent intervals and consider dosage reduction of Zohydro® ER until stable drug effects are achieved.
Concomitant use of Zohydro® ER with CYP3A4 inducers or discontinuation of an CYP3A4 inhibitor could decrease hydrocodone plasma concentrations, decrease opioid efficacy or, possibly, lead to a withdrawal syndrome in a patient who had developed physical dependence to hydrocodone. When using Zohydro®ER with CYP3A4 inducers or discontinuing CYP3A4 inhibitors, monitor patients closely at frequent intervals and consider increasing the opioid dosage if needed to maintain adequate analgesia or if symptoms of opioid withdrawal occur.
Risks from Concomitant Use with Benzodiazepines or Other CNS Depressants
Profound sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death may result from the concomitant use of Zohydro® ER with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (e.g., non-benzodiazepine sedatives/hypnotics, anxiolytics, tranquilizers, muscle relaxants, general anesthetics, antipsychotics, other opioids, alcohol). Because of these risks, reserve concomitant prescribing of these drugs for use in patients for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate.
Observational studies have demonstrated that concomitant use of opioid analgesics and benzodiazepines increases the risk of drug-related mortality compared to use of opioid analgesics alone. Because of similar pharmacological properties, it is reasonable to expect similar risk with the concomitant use of other CNS depressant drugs with opioid analgesics.
If the decision is made to prescribe a benzodiazepine or other CNS depressant concomitantly with an opioid analgesic, prescribe the lowest effective dosages and minimum duration of concomitant use. In patients already receiving an opioid analgesic, prescribe a lower initial dose of the benzodiazepine or other CNS depressant than indicated in the absence of an opioid, and titrate based on clinical response. If an opioid analgesic is initiated in a patient already taking a benzodiazepine or other CNS depressant, prescribe a lower initial dose of the opioid analgesic, and titrate based on clinical response. Follow patients closely for signs and symptoms of respiratory depression and sedation.
Advise both patients and caregivers about the risks of respiratory depression and sedation when Zohydro® ER is used with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (including alcohol and illicit drugs). Advise patients not to drive or operate heavy machinery until the effects of concomitant use of the benzodiazepine or other CNS depressant have been determined. Screen patients for risk of substance use disorders, including opioid abuse and misuse, and warn them of the risk of overdose and death associated with the use of additional CNS depressants including alcohol and illicit drugs.
Patients must not consume alcoholic beverages, or prescription or non-prescription products containing alcohol, while on Zohydro® ER therapy. The co-ingestion of alcohol with Zohydro® ER may result in increased plasma levels and a potentially fatal overdose of hydrocodone.
Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression in Patients with Chronic Pulmonary Disease or in Elderly, Cachectic, or Debilitated Patients
The use of Zohydro® ER in patients with acute or severe bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment is contraindicated.
Patients with Chronic Pulmonary Disease: Zohydro® ER-treated patients with significant chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or cor pulmonale, and those with a substantially decreased respiratory reserve, hypoxia, hypercapnia, or pre-existing respiratory depression are at increased risk of decreased respiratory drive including apnea, even at recommended dosages of Zohydro® ER.
Elderly, Cachectic, or Debilitated Patients: Life-threatening respiratory depression is more likely to occur in elderly, cachectic, or debilitated patients because they may have altered pharmacokinetics or altered clearance compared to younger, healthier patients.
Monitor such patients closely, particular when initiating and titrating Zohydro® ER and when Zohydro® ER is given concomitantly with other drugs that depress respiration. Alternatively, consider the use of non-opioid analgesics in these patients.
Adrenal Insufficiency
Cases of adrenal insufficiency have been reported with opioid use, more often following greater than one month of use. Presentation of adrenal insufficiency may include non-specific symptoms and signs including nausea, vomiting, anorexia, fatigue, weakness, dizziness, and low blood pressure. If adrenal insufficiency is suspected, confirm diagnosis with diagnostic testing as soon as possible. If adrenal insufficiency is diagnosed, treat with physiologic replacement doses of corticosteroids. Wean the patient off of the opioid to allow adrenal function to recover and continue corticosteroid treatment until adrenal function recovers. Other opioids may be tried as some cases reported use of a different opioid without recurrence of adrenal insufficiency. The information available does not identify any particular opioid as being more likely to be associated with adrenal insufficiency.
Severe Hypotension
Zohydro® ER may cause severe hypotension including orthostatic hypotension and syncope in ambulatory patients. There is an added risk in patients whose ability to maintain blood pressure has already been compromised by a reduced blood volume, or after concurrent administration of certain CNS depressant drugs (e.g., phenothiazines or general anesthetics). Monitor these patients for signs of hypotension after initiating or titrating the dosage of Zohydro® ER. In patients with circulatory shock, Zohydro® ER may cause vasodilation that can further reduce cardiac output and blood pressure. Avoid the use of Zohydro® ER in patients with circulatory shock.
Risks of Use in Patients with Increased Intracranial Pressure, Brain Tumors, Head Injury, or Impaired Consciousness
In patients who may be susceptible to the intracranial effects of CO2 retention (e.g., those with evidence of increased intracranial pressure or brain tumors), Zohydro® ER may reduce respiratory drive, and the resultant CO2 retention can further increase intracranial pressure. Monitor such patients for signs of sedation and respiratory depression, particularly when initiating therapy with Zohydro® ER.
Opioids may also obscure the clinical course in a patient with a head injury. Avoid the use of Zohydro®ER in patients with impaired consciousness or coma.
Risks of Use in Patients with Gastrointestinal Conditions
Zohydro® ER is contraindicated in patients with known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus. Hydrocodone in Zohydro® ER may cause spasm of the sphincter of Oddi. Opioids may cause increases in serum amylase. Monitor patients with biliary tract disease, including acute pancreatitis, for worsening of symptoms.
Increased Risk of Seizures in Patients with Seizure Disorders
The hydrocodone in Zohydro® ER may increase the frequency of seizures in patients with seizure disorders, and may increase the risk occurring in other clinical settings associated with seizures. Monitor patients with a history of seizure disorders for worsened seizure control during Zohydro® ER therapy.
Withdrawal
Avoid the use of mixed agonist/antagonist (e.g., pentazocine, nalbuphine, and butorphanol) or partial agonist (e.g., buprenorphine) analgesics in patients who are receiving a full opioid agonist analgesic, including Zohydro® ER. In these patients, mixed agonist/antagonist and partial agonist analgesics may reduce the analgesic effect and/or may precipitate withdrawal symptoms.
When discontinuing Zohydro® ER, gradually taper the dosage. Do not abruptly discontinue Zohydro® ER.
Risks of Driving and Operating Machinery
Zohydro® ER may impair the mental and physical abilities needed to perform potentially hazardous activities such as driving a car or operating machinery. Warn patients not to drive or operate dangerous machinery unless they are tolerant to the effects of Zohydro® ER and know how they will react to the medication.
ADVERSE REACTIONS
Adverse reactions in ≥2% of patients in placebo-controlled trials include constipation, nausea, somnolence, fatigue, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, vomiting, pruritus, abdominal pain, edema peripheral, upper respiratory tract infection, muscle spasms, urinary tract infection, back pain, and tremor.
ADDITIONAL DRUG INTERACTIONS
Serotonergic Drugs: The concomitant use of opioids with other drugs that affect the serotonergic neurotransmitter system has resulted in serotonin syndrome.
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs): MAOI interactions with opioids may manifest as serotonin syndrome or opioid toxicity (e.g., respiratory depression, coma).
Mixed Agonist/Antagonist and Partial Agonist Opioid Analgesics: May reduce the analgesic effect of Zohydro® ER and/or precipitate withdrawal symptoms.
Muscle Relaxants: Hydrocodone may enhance the neuromuscular blocking action of skeletal muscle relaxants and produce an increased degree of respiratory depression.
Diuretics: Opioids can reduce the efficacy of diuretics by inducing the release of antidiuretic hormone.
Anticholinergic Drugs: The concomitant use of anticholinergic drugs may increase risk of urinary retention and/or severe constipation, which may lead to paralytic ileus.
USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
Pregnancy: May cause fetal harm.
Lactation: Not recommended.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of taking Zohydro® ER to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
To report adverse events, a product complaint, or for additional information about Zohydro® ER, call Currax™ Pharmaceuticals LLC at 1-800-793-2145.
Please see Full Prescribing Information, including Boxed WARNINGS, before prescribing Zohydro® ER.
Rx Only.
DEA order form required.
Zohydro® ER with BeadTek® is distributed by Currax™ Pharmaceuticals LLC, Morristown, NJ 07960.
Zohydro® ER is a registered trademark of Persion™ Pharmaceuticals LLC. BeadTek® is a registered trademark used by Persion™ Pharmaceuticals LLC under license.
References: 1. Zohydro ER [package insert]. Morristown, NJ: Persion Pharmaceuticals LLC; May 2019. 2. Data on file. Persion Pharmaceuticals LLC. 3. Nalamachu S, deLeon-Casasola OA, Robinson CY, et al. An analysis of rescue medication utilization from a 3-month, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with chronic low back pain treated with single-entity, twice-daily, extended-release hydrocodone. Pain Med. 2015;16(12):2338-2343. 4. Rauck RL, Nalamachu S, Wild JE, et al. Single-entity hydrocodone extended-release capsules in opioid-tolerant subjects with moderate-to-severe chronic low back pain: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Pain Med. 2014;15(6):975-985. 5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Calculating total daily dose of opioids for safer dosage. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/calculating_total_daily_dose-a.pdf. Accessed January 9, 2018. 6. Vicodin [package insert]. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie Inc.; 2014.
© 2019 Persion Pharmaceuticals LLC. All Rights Reserved.
1-800-793-2145 | Privacy | Terms of Use | Site Map | FAQs
ZOH-US-0158 Rev. 06/19

I am surprised how fast the zomorph does work not within fifteen mins like instant but i feel good a hour later.
inmy opinion zomorph works faster than ms contin but doesnt last as long

The big headline: Four of five Zohydro doses keep the patient under the false science-fiction lie CDC guideline of 90 mg morphine base equivalent per 24 hours -- lots of KY Jelly being used at Zogenix HQ to take four pomelos, a 75-cm long courgette, or a large watermelon or tranquillised porcupine up the arse when the regulators come . .. fucken Bolshevik pervert quisling mafioso fascist cock-biting shithead Tontton Macoute wannabe Communist sadist greedy parasites .. . . I wonder where those arseholes went to business school -- Pyongyang Technical College? Himmler Memorial University?