• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Still Alive! And Staying Alive in Florida!

SHANNONJOHN

Greenlighter
I'm just glad I don't smoke crack or do cocaine anymore. But it seems my whole life I have been replacing one kind of drug for another totally different type of drug. Now it's Opiates turn at the wheel. I've been keeping her on the road but the ride is very bumpy at times.
I found some little roaches from my stepdads wooden stash box. Bill Carbone(RIP) was the Best stepdad a wild middle child could ever ask for. But I wish he would have just hid his pot better. But ya that's how it all started for a young 14 year old boy in florida.
A Florida I should have never even been in! See my father was murdered in East Boston in 83'. His name was Roy Mcdonough. His friends called him mad dog. He was a pot selling, 6foot 4inch irishman that worked on the docks, until he met my italian ma and started working with my grandfather at Raytheon near Boston. He was also one of the best pool players in east boston and probably beyond. He was ultimately shoot in a pool hall in eastie.
A guy named Gary curtis killed him after an argument and scuffle that led to him getting roughed up a bit from my dad. He was high on a PCP laced joint he claims. But he left the poolhall so embarrassed I guess he felt the need to go back and shoot the place up. Unfortunately my dad was hit in the back and in the back of the head as well. He still lived on machines for the sake of how dam tough he was but my mom said he would not want to be kept alive to just be in a vegatative state. Ge said as much once to her she says to me.
Why? Why is a Question I have. Why is a Question I will never have an answer for. So why ask it? Right?...So I don't, anymore.
But a year or two later my mom meets a guy driving a Corvette (ma's fav car )at the beach. That guy's name was bill carbone or billy as his friends and family called him. He was a drummer. But a really really good drummer. Like the band poison asked him to drum, really good drummer!!! He turned it down I recently found out. Why is a question I would have for him if he hadn't died on February 7th 2020 in a house fire in frankfort n.y
Ironically my dad was killed in February 6th of 1983. A day before on the calendar. Just 37 years later...
But my mom hit the jackpot of potential step dad's if you ask me. My mom has 3 wild and crazy kids and in comes this upstate new yorker to save a massachusetts widow. And save us he did. See my mom and dad had bought a house in brockton mass, and Billy carbone,my stepdad, explained to my mom she must get herself and her 3 young children out of this town. It will be bad if you stay here. Long story short, he was right. They call brockton mass BROKETOWN NOW! IT'S GANGLAND CENTRAL FUCKIN STATION UP IN THERE NOW A DAYZ!
He loved Corvette's, classic cars, playing the drums 🥁 and my mom. And he also had a huge love for Maryjuiana! Maryann is my mom's name, lol.
But ya, when I was around 14 I found some of his roaches. I put these lil burnt looking things on these metal tweezer looking things he had on this flat tray if his hidden in his closet. I lit them. It then it ALL BEGINS! LMFAO...

when I was around 14 I found some of his roaches.
Sounds like some shit I would do (and many others here).
Yet I started smoking when I was in the second grade (so maybe 7yrs old? ) and havent stopped since. I have quit for a coupla years at a time but it was more for physical stamina, strength and preparing lungs to work well under water (holding breath).
Welcome to bluelight. There are plenty here which share your plight but somehow made it through all the madness to become full-grown egotistical know-it-alls (speaking for myself so nobody get offended).
Sooooooooooo.... whats your favorite past-time when bored outta ya mind?
Best always,
Ptah

Favorite Pastime??? Favorite drug you are asking? If so the answer is Heroin! I was l sniffing it on roofs I was working on. Boy it helps roofer's back pain. But the first time I actually shot it was when I really fell in love with the Big H...
Now, after 12 years, I'm finally starting to get clean with Bup.