Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series

Your right, what a booooooring book... put me almost to sleep- who cares about some guy from a time(what we would probably describe as the American old West) that is almost dying who is forced to travel between parallel worlds and has to kidnap/ match wits with a heroine addict, a schizo and a meticulous killer ... all the while navigating in a strange world by possessing people and searching for some aspirin, antibiotics and a strange and elusive dark tower . pfffff, so boring.

;)

Yeah, exactly, I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or take it seriously. I didn't get the strange crab creature on the beach or the gun fight with the mobsters. It was probably fifteen years ago when I read it so maybe I was expecting something different. Maybe it's because I am just not too big on King's prose to begin with. I did enjoy the first book so I remember being annoyed I couldn't get into the second.

yeah, I love/hate King's prose. at times it can be too pedestrian or just strange (lack of a better word as seen in Dark Tower), but sometimes it can be just right and very effective (scary, as seen in the Shining). sometimes I think he pulls out ideas for monsters and plots out of his ass, but his creativity and character interaction lets him get away with it

I hope Christian Bale doesn't play Roland, i think he would be okay....but not great.

Hmm, anybody ever notice a high frequency of synchronicity while reading Stephen King books?

I read the whole series and came away very dissatisfied. I think the premise was really awesome, but the execution, atrocious.

I think it is clever concept to break the stories between feature films (that would generate more money) and television series (that allow a more complex build up of characters). It is ambitious though as the series does polarise so many people as you can see by the responses in this thread. I just hope they complete the films/series and not be dictated by how successful or not the early filming is received.

Personally I was sucked in by the first book and grew to love the intertwined stories only to be let down by the ending.

now they're saying Viggo MOrtensen will play Roland. but they've also kind of thrown Hugh Jackman out there, I think he could play the part quite well. he's one of the smartest and most versatile actors out there right now imo