• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Staying healthy on kratom

girlzer0

Greenlighter
Some things I'm doing to stay healthy, reduce negative effects of kratom: taking extra magnesium and probiotics for regularity, taking the minimum dose needed (mostly lol), taking days off, drinking lots of water, and I'm taking N acetyl cysteine to protect my liver as I've seen evidence that kratom can be toxic to the liver for some people, and I'm prone to liver problems. I'd like to do other things to protect my gut (and other organs) like maybe aloe drinks? Or slippery elm bark. Any thoughts on my strategies or other ideas to reduce any possible harm from taking kratom?

Cycle your strain so you can keep your tolerance down. Also try and eat right and exercise. Those two might sound like common sense but they work. You body will be better rested if you exercise and eat right regularly, versus if you ate hot pockets and drank code red mt dew and played wow all weekend. Not saying the latter isn't ok because it is... But moderation is key.

I dont think kratom is particularly harmful physically but most of the negative physical effects the only way to avoid them would be to not take kratom.