• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stay at home mommy - alleviating Norco withdrawal

negrogesic gave some good advice,

you might also want to look into kratom, great replacement of opioids and helps withdrawals a lot if used properly (has helped me get off opioids several times, its a massive boon).

if you're curious about kratom let me know, I have all the details

kratom works best when going cold turkey though, or AFTER a taper (not during a taper - in my opinion, if you use kratom during a taper your tolerance to kratom will be so high you won't get much out of it when you finally take your last pill)

hey! Im new here and have some questions about going cold turkey off oxycodone. I have had my on and off struggles. Most of the time, withdrawal is ruthless and nearly puts me over the edge. Then I discovered kratom which greatly helped. Except for one time when I must have took it too early and I could not stop the chills, cold sweats, hot flashes and such. I have been taking about 8 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride for about a month. 2 days ago I had my last pill. Normally within the first 12 hours I start to feel withdrawals coming on (the chills, goosebumps, chills and sweats). This time I haven’t felt much except extreme fatigue and some body aches. I have taken a little Xanax to help with anxiety. I have some kratom on hand, powder and pills. Im just wondering whats going on and why I am not feeling more of the worse withdrawal symptoms yet with it being 48 hours after last dose. Part of me wants to take some kratom to help get some good sleep and not feel this uneasiness but don’t want to go into precipitated withdrawals. What are your thoughts? Could I take some kratom tonight or will that bring on the chills and sweats?

hey! Im new here and have some questions about going cold turkey off oxycodone. I have had my on and off struggles. Most of the time, withdrawal is ruthless and nearly puts me over the edge. Then I discovered kratom which greatly helped. Except for one time when I must have took it too early and I could not stop the chills, cold sweats, hot flashes and such. I have been taking about 8 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride for about a month. 2 days ago I had my last pill. Normally within the first 12 hours I start to feel withdrawals coming on (the chills, goosebumps, chills and sweats). This time I haven’t felt much except extreme fatigue and some body aches. I have taken a little Xanax to help with anxiety. I have some kratom on hand, powder and pills. Im just wondering whats going on and why I am not feeling more of the worse withdrawal symptoms yet with it being 48 hours after last dose. Part of me wants to take some kratom to help get some good sleep and not feel this uneasiness but don’t want to go into precipitated withdrawals. What are your thoughts? Could I take some kratom tonight or will that bring on the chills and sweats?

I highly doubt kratom will bring out withdrawals. I would say take it, just keep it light. There is no reason to go over 10g/day. Kratom has a ceiling effect.

If you do take it for sleep make sure you take it several hours before you intend to sleep otherwise it will keep you up, especially stimulating strains.

I've also experienced different levels of withdrawal from comparable amounts of opioids. I'm not really sure what causes that. IMO if I had to guess its probably due to biological factors like nutrition and health (but I have no clue).

I highly doubt kratom will bring out withdrawals. I would say take it, just keep it light. There is no reason to go over 10g/day. Kratom has a ceiling effect.

If you do take it for sleep make sure you take it several hours before you intend to sleep otherwise it will keep you up, especially stimulating strains.

I've also experienced different levels of withdrawal from comparable amounts of opioids. I'm not really sure what causes that. IMO if I had to guess its probably due to biological factors like nutrition and health (but I have no clue).

Yeah I didn’t really think it could cause it either, but it made my chills and sweets 10x worse. But that was only 1 time out of the 5 times that I have gone cold turkey and I did take it like 5 afters my last oxy dose.

I am feeling so lucky and blessed that I’m not feeling the regular goosebumps, sweats and chills. I normally have to take like 3-5 hot shower/baths a day just to get some relief. I normally take a red strain of kratom.

Could the worse withdrawal be coming? or should it get better from here? I am 48 hours since my last dose of oxy. Thank you for all your help!

Could the worse withdrawal be coming? or should it get better from here? I am 48 hours since my last dose of oxy. Thank you for all your help!

I really don't think so. I've withdrawal off opi's probably 15+ times over the years. I've never had it magically appear after 48 hours, it's either there within the first 24 hours or its not.

Maybe just not use the kratom to be safe if it caused this before for you.

Good luck and stay strong

I really don't think so. I've withdrawal off opi's probably 15+ times over the years. I've never had it magically appear after 48 hours, it's either there within the first 24 hours or its not.

Maybe just not use the kratom to be safe if it caused this before for you.

Good luck and stay strong
Thank you so much! I will let you know what happens in the future! The kratom has only happened like that once, so maybe it was just a bad batch 🤷‍♀️ But I will keep you updated! Going to try and stay away from oxy but it’s so hard, especially in times like these. There’s nothing else to do!

That's a good question. I do know that their tests are very sensitive. They were able to tell me the exact type of benzo I had in my system.... From ativan, Xanax, Restoril to klonopin. They detected ambien and was even able to detect a prescribed diet pill that I had taken.

My dad is also in pain management and he would skip taking pills throughout the month. Being a newbie, he went in for a urine test and they didn't detect enough of the pain medicine in his system. Not realizing how stupid the rules are he innocently admitted to not taking all his pills everyday as prescribed.
Now if he were a vet and had been used to playing the system he could've just taken extra pills a couple days before he went in, because it was a scheduled appointment, and no one would've known. But he was under the impression that pain management was actually there to help you and it would be a good thing to not have to gobble up all his pills every single day.

Well, I'm feeling normal today. Didn't need to use Loperamide. Still took .5 MG of klonopin and Clonidine today. Only took 15 MG of Restoril to sleep but I don't think I really needed it. Arthritis strength Tylenol seems to keep my pain levels at a 3 or 4 so that's a positive. Can't wait to see how I feel when I wake up in the morning. It's a great feeling being of the opiate hamster wheel.

Hi, I just wanted to say that you're story is powerful and I'm sorry you are having to endure all of this bs.
I haven't much relevant experience with pain meds but I have been on my fair share of cold turkey detoxes.
The clonodine, ativan and gabs will help a bit. See if you can get more. Try to get somethig that will make you sleepy and sleep through t as much as you can. Ask a close friend or family member to help look after you and your kids for the next few days. If they won't let you back on pain management, even though you will need it look into methadone or suboxone programs. Good luck!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I'll be looking into alternative forms of pain management. Acupuncture, herbs, etc. I have sympathy for people in chronic pain who are at the mercy of some of these pain clinics.

I woke up this morning feeling good. The worst of all the withdrawals seem to be gone but I'll continue taking the klonopin and Clonidine for the whole 7 days just to be sure.

Thank you negrogesic for all your great advice. This site is what saved me. I'm forever grateful.
No cravings, my pain has lessened to where it's tolerable with the Tylenol and my head is clear.

Pain management NEEDS to do better. Before long they'll be asking us to turn around, bend over, spread our cheeks and cough before pissing into a cup with the bathroom door wide open.

Thank you negrogesic for all your great advice. This site is what saved me. I'm forever grateful.
No cravings, my pain has lessened to where it's tolerable with the Tylenol and my head is clear.

Glad I could help, makes me happy to know i've played some part (however small) in the mitigation of suffering of a fellow human being.

Yes. It's my first time.i always believed my doctors who said as long as I was hurting and took it for just pain I wouldn't have withdrawals. Are they stupid, ignorant or just liars?

All of the above. Btw are you a raver?

-GC

Sorry To mention this, i withdrew off 80 mg daily hydrocodone, and its really not that bad on an opiate withdrawal scale it would be a 2/10. This is after i came off oxycodone 120 mg daily which is a 20/10. Good luck. You should have mild anxiety, diarrheaa, insomnia for a few days but after a week you should be normal. Whereas harder opiates would take weeks to months to feel normal. This is just based on personal experience, YMMV