• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stay at home mommy - alleviating Norco withdrawal

AngelsKandi

Greenlighter
Hello to everyone. I'm a 41 year old stay at home mom currently and I've been reading through various threads and am inspired and learning a lot. Let me just jump right into my story.
I had major lower back fusion surgery several months ago. One in November and a revision 5 months later (1st was botched) . Then I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago and a lumpectomy on left breast about 2 weeks ago. So I've been on various opiates for almost a year straight. First IR morphone, roxicodone, then percocet and then morphine and lastly Norco. The last week I have been taking 60mg to 80 mg of Norco per day. I was in pain management throughout all the surgeries. Doc prescribed 10mg Norco every 4 hours. I had a rough and active weekend so took 4 more over the course of the weekend than I should have. Went in for a random pill count and failed. Took my last dose of Norco at 7pm today. Now I'm looking at a cold turkey detox.
The only meds I have available to me are clonodine, Lyrica, gabapentin, klonopin, a few ativan, restoril and some loperamide.
I'm a newbie and have no idea how to take these drugs and in what combination so I don't seriously harm myself. I'm sure this topic has been discussed to death but if any kind person can suggest a good plan to alleviate withdrawals I would be forever grateful. Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @AngelsKandi - gunna shoot this thread over to Basic Drug Discussion where others can help you to make safe decisions with this list of drugs and with withdrawal possibly as well.

Personally, IDK anything about norco withdrawal and have only taken a couple of the drugs on your list, but i can assure you others will chime in.

Good luck, stay strong, and welcome to Bluelight!

Hey @AngelsKandi - gunna shoot this thread over to Basic Drug Discussion where others can help you to make safe decisions with this list of drugs and with withdrawal possibly as well.

Personally, IDK anything about norco withdrawal and have only taken a couple of the drugs on your list, but i can assure you others will chime in.

Good luck, stay strong, and welcome to Bluelight!
Thank you😊

Who's restoril is it out of curiosity, not yours i assume? If you aren't prescribed it avoid it like the plague, it made opioid withdrawal worse the one time i took it out of desperation.

In your case I'd do 60mg of loperamide a day decreasing by 4 to 6mg a day (2-3 pills) till zero. Lyrica and klonopin as needed. Do not take this much loperamide if you have a heart condition or are seriously overweight.

Black seed oil (available on amazon) helps take the edge off a little too.

With what you have it should be too bad.

If you are really having trouble you might consider tapering using kratom but I'd try what i said first.

negrogesic gave some good advice,

you might also want to look into kratom, great replacement of opioids and helps withdrawals a lot if used properly (has helped me get off opioids several times, its a massive boon).

if you're curious about kratom let me know, I have all the details

kratom works best when going cold turkey though, or AFTER a taper (not during a taper - in my opinion, if you use kratom during a taper your tolerance to kratom will be so high you won't get much out of it when you finally take your last pill)

Last edited:
I am definitely monitoring this thread. Currently experiencing 2-4 second dizziness when I stand up or move my head real quick, as I'm cutting my dosage of 7.5 Norco of about 55mg per day for the last 2 yrs to about less than half.
Blood pressure is spot on averaging 125/78...:unsure:
Although its better still can't shake the occasional freaking dizziness...headed to see my Primary Dr. Monday.
I may do a medically supervised detox...right now I'm "practicing medicine sans a license!"

I'm open to any wisdom/experience as well!
Good luck to you AngelsKandi!

Currently experiencing 2-4 second dizziness when I stand up or move my head real quick
Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

even in the worst withdrawals never experienced dizziness

I have high blood pressure though

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

even in the worst withdrawals never experienced dizziness

I have high blood pressure though
Yep...re-read my post.
I check it about twice a day...125/75 or 128/78 range.
Dizziness is a side affect of hydrocodone and I spoke with a friend who is Substance Abuse Therapist for over 30 yrs...it can and often accompanies withdrawals from opiates...with some folks, not all.

Who's restoril is it out of curiosity, not yours i assume? If you aren't prescribed it avoid it like the plague, it made opioid withdrawal worse the one time i took it out of desperation.

In your case I'd do 60mg of loperamide a day decreasing by 4 to 6mg a day (2-3 pills) till zero. Lyrica and klonopin as needed. Do not take this much loperamide if you have a heart condition or are seriously overweight.

If you are really having trouble you might consider tapering using kratom but I'd try what i said first.
Thanks for the response. The Restoril and everything else is prescribed by my doctor. I just never took any of it while I was taking opiates.

negrogesic gave some good advice,

you might also want to look into kratom, great replacement of opioids and helps withdrawals a lot if used properly (has helped me get off opioids several times, its a massive boon).

if you're curious about kratom let me know, I have all the details

kratom works best when going cold turkey though, or AFTER a taper (not during a taper - in my opinion, if you use kratom during a taper your tolerance to kratom will be so high you won't get much out of it when you finally take your last pill)
I'm not familiar with kratom at all or how to get it. I think Ives seen some at gas stations before. But I am interested.

I am definitely monitoring this thread. Currently experiencing 2-4 second dizziness when I stand up or move my head real quick, as I'm cutting my dosage of 7.5 Norco of about 55mg per day for the last 2 yrs to about less than half.
Blood pressure is spot on averaging 125/78...:unsure:
Although its better still can't shake the occasional freaking dizziness...headed to see my Primary Dr. Monday.
I may do a medically supervised detox...right now I'm "practicing medicine sans a license!"

I'm open to any wisdom/experience as well!
Good luck to you AngelsKandi!
Thank you and I hope you figure your situation out too.

Thanks for the response. The Restoril and everything else is prescribed by my doctor. I just never took any of it while I was taking opiates.
I took 100 MG of Lyrica, the Restoril and 1mg of klonopin last night. I slept and felt really good. Probably because it's only been 12 hours since my last Norco though. Woke up at 8am feeling anxious and fidgity. I'm going to try the Loperamide now with 1mg of klonopin and 100 mg of the Lyrica.

I have the liquid Loperamide not the pills. Are the pills better to have? Sorry so many questions. I'm new to this.

Pills are simply cheaper and easier to use. The liquid doesn't usually have much loperamide in it, you'll probably have to drink the whole bottle to get 60mg. The pills are 2mg each so 60mg is 30 pills.

Keep in mind that the loperamide is slow acting. It can take a few hours to take effect, and the effect is subtle but also quite substantial. It won't take away all the withdrawal obviously. You are going to be anxious and fidgety to some degree unfortunately.

Gas station kratom works fine. Get one that is a "red" type if you go that route. Try the loperamide taper first though. Kratom is very short acting and kind of a pain to use. It is also addictive in its own right. Don't get it confused with a product called "Tianna Red" which is not kratom but rather a drug called tianeptine but the labelling makes it appear as though it could be kratom.

Quite terrible of them to cut off your pain meds like that for taking 4 extra pills. They should have at least put you on a 14 day taper rather than just cutting if off. You weren't on a particularly high dose but i wouldn't call it especially low either.

Pills are simply cheaper and easier to use. The liquid doesn't usually have much loperamide in it, you'll probably have to drink the whole bottle to get 60mg. The pills are 2mg each so 60mg is 30 pills.

Keep in mind that the loperamide is slow acting. It can take a few hours to take effect, and the effect is subtle but also quite substantial. It won't take away all the withdrawal obviously. You are going to be anxious and fidgety to some degree unfortunately.

Gas station kratom works fine. Get one that is a "red" type if you go that route. Try the loperamide taper first though. Kratom is very short acting and kind of a pain to use. It is also addictive in its own right. Don't get it confused with a product called "Tianna Red" which is not kratom but rather a drug called tianeptine but the labelling makes it appear as though it could be kratom.

Quite terrible of them to cut off your pain meds like that for taking 4 extra pills. They should have at least put you on a 14 day taper rather than just cutting if off. You weren't on a particularly high dose but i wouldn't call it especially low either.
The pain linoc I was in was very strict. Anything over 2 pills and you're non-compliant.
I will go to the store and buy the Loperamide pills because you are right about the bottle.

The pain linoc I was in was very strict. Anything over 2 pills and you're non-compliant.
I will go to the store and buy the Loperamide pills because you are right about the bottle.
Right now I feel okay. Maybe 70%. I did sleep from about 8am until 1pm. I hate this feeling and hope to be rid of opiates forever. It's like being in a hamster wheel. Just living to wait until it's time for that next pill. Having to plan things around whether you have enough or not. Being treated like a criminal with all the urine tests and pill counts, etc. It's debasing.

You'll start slowly feeling better after day 5 or 6. If this is your first time going through withdrawal it shouldn't be too bad, as each successive time gets worse. That said the foreignness of the experience for first timers can make it in way more challenging.

You'll start slowly feeling better after day 5 or 6. If this is your first time going through withdrawal it shouldn't be too bad, as each successive time gets worse. That said the foreignness of the experience for first timers can make it in way more challenging.
Yes. It's my first time.i always believed my doctors who said as long as I was hurting and took it for just pain I wouldn't have withdrawals. Are they stupid, ignorant or just liars?