• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Starting with DXM then dropping MDMA; What could go wrong?

Gaffy

Bluelighter
So I have half a pill of MDMA, some pseudo, tyrosine, caffeine and DXM. How much DXM can I take before getting too drowsy but still feeling numb and happily relaxed, and how is it in combination with Caffeine? I Don't want to feel or look intoxicated and can't be before getting into the place. I can't take the DXM inside with me so I'll consume it before going in (one hour to 30min prior), how long will it last and when is it safe to take my pill? (what would you do)
Any input would be appreciated.
Tripsit.me says combination with MDMA is dangerous (serotonin syndrome at risk) but I'm planning very reasonnable dosing (180mg DXM max. and 100mg MDMA at most)

I'm taking 120mg pseudo and 800mg Caffeine a day, will be taking (Methoxy?)Tyrosine during the day aswell.

dxm is a SNRI drug, doesn't mix with MDMA, pick one or the other but don't do both

at best it can block the effects of mdma and at worst it can cause hypertensive crisis/serotonin syndrome

DXM goes real bad with all serotonergic drug's. Unlike normal normal SSRI's which just block the action of MDMA, DXM can cause Serotonin Syndrom when combined with it. Something special about it I guess. Because SNRI's in general just nullify X or raise the seizure risk when the interact.

Seems very unpleasant as a combo.

Ok thanks for the heads-up, I'll still give it a try, dropping when I really can't feel the DXM anymore.
Seems like the law has changed in my country; Codeine syzzurp and Dextromethorphan are now prescription medecine, and they have been replaced with oxomemazine, anti-cholinergic/histaminic. (I found it pleasant in combination with amphetamines)
So I guess it'll be one or two beers followed by MDMA and going home sooner ;)
Safe tripping

Last edited:
Hello all,

I have a similar question... I'm new to MDMA, tried it for the first time few days ago and I plan to keep at least 2-2,5 month breaks between uses.
But the point is - is it safe to use DXM within this timeframe after the use of MDMA (let's say a week after)? Doesn't the depleted, non-replenished serotonin level pose some increased risk while using DXM until the serotonin levels after MDMA use replenish? I do have some experience with DXM already, but never used it within the timeframe of a serotonergic drug's 'recovery window'.