• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Starting Over

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
How long does it take to reset tolerance? I've been doing opiates for four years. It started out at 15-20 mg of Norco daily. I would potentiate them with all known potentiates. But everyday I would have a glorious euphoria, and feel all effects generally associated with taking opiates to put it simply.

As my addiction grew worse, it got to the point in 2019 where I was taking daily anywhere from 70-100 mg a day.

Fast forward to 2020. Ever since February, I've reduced my daily intake to 15-20 mg again. Generally I don't even take it all at once now. I'll take 10 mg and add a 5mg after every 20 minutes.

I have religiously stuck with this limit of 15-20 mg a day since February and not potentiating besides using Lomotil. No relapse moments where I exceed that to doses back when things were bad.

However, it's been ages since I've even been able to associate any benefit from taking opiates. Not just euphoria, but even pain relief in general. I feel like I'm taking tic tacs.

Does anyone have any recommendations to regain some benefit out of my meds again? It's been well over half a year to no avail. Has it not been enough time? Do I need to return to potentiating? Do I need to parachute instead of just swallow (I would parachute them back when things were bad in 2019).

Essentially, I just wanna hear any and all advice. I'm not trying to get blasted everyday like 2016 again. But I truly would want to feel like I'm getting some benefit to consumption and purchasing.

*My norco is from a pharmacy, so it's not fake pills.

People are different. I got high on 30mg of oxy about a month off methadone

OK I have to ask this no experience in that field. If it’s so god awful to kick, and you manage to or even reduce your levels, why the fuck would you be asking how long until I can go again?

OK I have to ask this no experience in that field. If it’s so god awful to kick, and you manage to or even reduce your levels, why the fuck would you be asking how long until I can go again?

It’s not that I’m trying to get back to 70-100mg daily. I’m just inquiring as to what/how I get back to getting some noticeable effects from 15-20mg. Like I said, it’s currently like taking an empty capsule.

I know after such high doses during the height of my addiction that 15-20mg will never blast me off my feet again. But after months of sticking to that 15-20mg regimen, I can’t fathom why I literally have nothing I can vouch for. Not even mild effects.

After all this time and dosages going up to 100mg, your only chance to get high from 15-20mg is to stop taking them all together and then when your tolerance is reset take them again. If you want to feel something that resembles a high you could let yourself go into withdrawal for 48 hours and then take 20mg.

This are not advices, just opinion derived from personal experience.

Take care!

Because we're addicts and dumb at times. I was off methadone a month and almost blew a girl load when my dentist gave me oxycodone. A 2 week supply in 6 days and now I'm paying for it. Takes a few kicks to the nuts to sink in. Next time I wouldn't take the script but it took 2 ods and 8x dopesick to get to here.
Don't do opiates

Do you guys have a recommendation to perhaps at least feel something out of my medicine? Any advice on what way you recommend I consume them (orally, parachuting, etc)? If and what I should potentiate with (and how many minutes prior)?

I’m just sick of taking something and feeling 0% benefit

Do you guys have a recommendation to perhaps at least feel something out of my medicine? Any advice on what way you recommend I consume them (orally, parachuting, etc)? If and what I should potentiate with (and how many minutes prior)?

I’m just sick of taking something and feeling 0% benefit

The awful stage where you need more because what you're taking only keeps you well.
Sorry man, either eat more or quit before you're banging smack.
I started on pills as well and was disgusted by junkies but that changes before you realize.
Sorry to sound preachy but im barely off methadone and wish I stopped at your level.

Take on a empty stomach. Take some tums half hour before you dose . Dose with Tylenol or Aleve or Benedryl.

Benedryl/Tylenol/Aleve at the same time or 30 minutes before like Tums?
100mg diphenhydramine about 45 minutes prior to taking the hydrocodone should provide at least a mild, though noticeable, bit of sedation. I take 150mg nightly with my kratom and it makes a difference. It's not especially fun, but it might be worth a shot...

So one last quick question:

Everyone always says “you can always take more, but you can never take less.” However, in my experience I have never had any recreational value with this notion. I’m sure it’s just a beginner’s rule for opiates. But if I only take 20mg of Norco a day, I will never gain recreational value out of taking 10mg, then adding 5mg after 20-30 minutes until I hit 20mg. Whereas, if I take the 20mg all at once it would always result in benefit (years ago, when I didn’t feel like I was just taking tic tacs).

The reason I stagger the dose simply comes from paranoia. I got into this anxiety stage where I thought if I took too much I’d overdose, but that probably stems from a year ago when my doses of 70-100mg a day gave me a bleak outlook on life.

So to put it simply, should I just go back to my early opiate days where I would just 20mg at once and then stop taking more? Is this the method that would provide more bang for my buck? Simply commencing with 10mg and adding 5mg every 20 minutes does fuck all.

Hopefully my sleep deprived self provided enough context.