• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Started IVing a month ago and "Well at Walgreens" syringes ruined my vein!!

runescape

Greenlighter
Well, I did technically too. But I have never used such shitty brand needle. Anyone else familiar with this brand? The needlepoint bends so easily, extremely hard to draw up, leaks without touching it, plunger goes down without touching it, and overall is a terrible needle. It hurts more than the regular brands like BD too. I can't believe they are allowed to sell these pieces of crap! Side to side, there is such a difference between this brand and everything else!

Anyways, I have been having trouble hitting veins, and with these needles, I couldn't register blood cause of the horrible plunger suction, so I had to guess. I messed up bad and now have a hardened vein in the crook of my right arm, and on my left I have a small lump with a discolored tan spot. It doesn't hurt, so it can't be an absess can it? but I am worried I scarred myself? I am so upset with myself, the vein looks like an obvious track mark on my right arm. I am going to quit this completely. And I don't know what the fuck this ugly tan spot lump thing is on my left arm. But right now I have the biggest resentment against Walgreens right now. I am so furious, I am going to go to the pharmacist that sold me these piece of shit rigs and show her what it did to my arm.

Someone please tell me I'll be okay, I am OCD and really do not want to have done any permanent damage to my arms. I have been shooting up everyday for 3 weeks, and these two areas I mentioned are the worst things that have happened. On the same day, from the same fucking shitty "Well at Walgreens" brand 31g needles. Will I be okay? Will this go away if I leave the area alone for a long time? I know I am not sounding very rational right now but I am extremely pissed off...Fuck walgreens.

Last edited:
You will probably be fine. What was in the rig when u missed? If it was opioids it shouldn't be too bad....if it was amphetamines or cocaine I'd be slightly more worried.

Buy different syringes. BD

You will probably be fine. What was in the rig when u missed? If it was opioids it shouldn't be too bad....if it was amphetamines or cocaine I'd be slightly more worried.

Buy different syringes. BD

it was street heroin... wasn't the best either. my arm doesn't hurt anymore, however there is this weird bump that formed with tan discoloration, it's on my crook of my arm. it's gone down significantly... but the discoloration bothers me. will it go away? heres a pic: http://imgur.com/a/mS3W5

also here is the shitty rigs I used if anyone ever used them and can comment... http://imgur.com/a/Z5hlg

31 gauge is too flimsy imo. I would go 29

If you keep IV'ing, it does not matter what kind of needle you use. You are going to fuck yourself up eventually. everyone does. That little dot will be nothing in a few days. But if you keep IV'ing, you will fuck something up in your arm one day and at bare minimum have a big track mark kind of scar, abscess scar etc. Don't kid yourself into thinking that will not happen so long as you have the right needle. Your habit will mature the longer you IV. Then you will be sitting there trying to IV sometime when you are already fucked up, and you will fuck something up with the shot. If you have only been IV'ing for a month, I would recommend you try stopping. It does not lead to a pretty road.

I'd recommend getting BD brand syringes.

If you want that discoloration / scar on your arm to go away faster, use Neosporin or a similar First Aid Antibiotic Ointment with Neomycin, Polymyxin B Sulfates, and Bacitracin.

31g is too fine a needle in any brand.

The fit packs sold in Australia used to have 27g terumos or 29g BD but gave rrcently been all 29g BD

Dunno why.

The 31g and higher are usually for drawing blood not injection.

If you keep IV'ing, it does not matter what kind of needle you use. You are going to fuck yourself up eventually. everyone does. That little dot will be nothing in a few days. But if you keep IV'ing, you will fuck something up in your arm one day and at bare minimum have a big track mark kind of scar, abscess scar etc. Don't kid yourself into thinking that will not happen so long as you have the right needle. Your habit will mature the longer you IV. Then you will be sitting there trying to IV sometime when you are already fucked up, and you will fuck something up with the shot. If you have only been IV'ing for a month, I would recommend you try stopping. It does not lead to a pretty road.

Thanks for the advice. I plan to quit compeltely now... yes I know injecting heroin is not a good way to live... I was content snorting it but it's funny, I got on the vivitrol shot and had such bad cravings and snorting it wasn't giving me a buzz cause it wast still in my system. So I moved to snorting.

I have missed about 15 shots in the past two weeks, IVing about 30 times, do you think I did any permanent damage to myself? My fingers were kind of falling asleep today at work, if I stop now will all this damage be gone and won't suffer any consequences? If so I'll stop now!!!

bump. day 1 no opiates, took some subooxone yesterday but man does today suck. I very much regret my relapse.