• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stalker? Or not?

i'm with eze on this one. no one has the right to make you feel this uncomfortable, or encroach on your privacy so much.

the only useful advice i can think of has already been mentioned.

i think first off you should ignore most of the suggestions stated here in this thread and seek professional advice, contacting your local police station would initiate this. they can assess the severity of the situation. i'd just avoid responding to the person at this point in time, so don't return those gifts, certainly don't act until you have spoken to someone qualified in giving advice regarding such matters. i lifted the following from a US site as i found it hard to find any professional advice online locally, i'm sure the information will still be relevant.
24.gif

Stalking Resource Center

Rethinking Our Advice to Stalking Victims

The Stalking Resource Center is always looking for the best, most up-to-date advice to give stalking victims. We subscribe to many journals and newsletters, and we read books on stalking. As we talk to practitioners in the field, we learn more about this crime and what can be done to help keep victims safe. One result of this search is that we are constantly rethinking and reevaluating the criminal justice system’s responses to stalking.

Because stalking has been recognized as a crime for only about a decade, our approach to the problem is still in its infancy. Creative practitioners around the country have developed great ways to respond to the crime and to keep victims safe. Those ideas, shared and spread around the country, have gained wide acceptance. For the most part, that’s great. But what do we do when we find out that our well-intentioned advice might actually be putting victims in danger? Experts are now struggling to find the best advice for victims about whether, when, and how they should respond to contact from their stalkers.

One common piece of advice is telling victims that if they "just ignore the stalker, the stalking will stop." Experience has taught us that this advice seldom works. The stalker is pursuing the victim for a reason, and the behavior is likely to escalate if he or she is not getting the desired reaction from the victim. For example, if a victim who is being stalked via the Internet completely stops using the computer (even if that were possible), the stalker usually recognizes that he or she is being ignored and does something else to get the victim’s attention. Rather than ignoring the behavior, victims of stalking should seek help from trained advocates and law enforcement officers who can help them assess the threat level that the stalker poses and advise them what measures they can take to stay safe.

We are also reconsidering what to tell victims who report that stalkers are harassing or threatening them by phone. The standard advice has been that victims should disconnect their phones and get a new, unlisted phone number. Getting a new number is a good idea, but it turns out that disconnecting the old one may be a mistake. The Seattle Police Department’s Domestic Violence Unit has found that when stalking victims disconnect the phone, virtually 100 percent of the stalkers escalate their contact to in-person stalking. The Seattle Police now advise victims to get a new phone number but keep their old phone line active and connected to an answering machine to capture any possible evidence.

So, if ignoring stalkers doesn’t work, what about the advice many well-meaning professionals often give victims, to tell their stalkers—once and forcefully—to leave them alone? This advice may serve a purpose if the stalker doesn’t understand that his or her attentions are unwelcome and fear-inducing. Such stalkers may stop if they are appropriately warned. However, much stalking involves unmistakably deliberate behavior that could never be confused with innocent, possibly welcome, non-criminal behavior. In such cases, encouraging a victim to have contact with the stalker, in any form, only increases the stalker’s sense of power and control. Even when a warning seems appropriate, a great deal of thought and safety planning must precede contact with the stalker. Trained law enforcement officers or other legal agents, rather than the victim, should deliver the warning (which should not be a substitute for criminal charges). Because stalkers are dangerously unpredictable, warnings can put them "over the edge," further endangering the victim.

So, as we work with victims, we need to keep helping them with safety planning and threat assessment, and keep looking for better ways to address the problem of stalking. But, as we do this, we must think through the ramifications of all our advice and regularly reevaluate strategies to make sure they are working as intended. Never underestimate the potential threat that a stalker may pose. And, as you figure out what is effective and what isn’t, please share your insights with us, so we can pass them along to other practitioners in the field! Contact us at [email protected].

Tracy Bahm, Director

Stalking Resource Center
24.gi

silvia saint said:
i think first off you should ignore most of the suggestions stated here in this thread and seek professional advice, contacting your local police station would initiate this. they can assess the severity of the situation.

have u ever dealt with the police on a matter like this?? they will palm u off the second they get the chance.... they are off no help whatsoever, even if u get a good cop (odds are probably about 1 in 5), u think they want to waste their time with some bullshit involving some 60 year old who is too lonely?

tell him once forcefully, he will get the message

if he doesnt, tell him again, maybe with a little physical force (hes stalking u, what the hell is he gonna do, call the cops and say "this girl im stalking got her friends to threaten me?)

if that still doesnt work, THEN u go to the cops, and tell them that u have let him know nicely twice, and he refuses to listen..... if they STILL dont get off their fat asses and do something about it, then next time he comes round, u tell him listen man, u leave and dont come back, or we are taking u down and calling the cops...... like u can get in any trouble for protecting yourself from a fricken stalker..... i would advise going to the cops as well if it was a 20-40 year old, but hes an old man..... the police dont want to, and never do want to deal with this kind of thing..... they want to make a big collar, not arrest some nutbag whos probably got alzheimers or something

Its a bit hard with conflicting answers coming in here, and my best friends tellling me to open the damn thing to see what it is. This obviously is the furtherest from my mind.

I've enough going on atm without this shit.

I'm extremely thankful for your responses in here :) Package is not going to opened. Will be returned .. not by me. Either post or huge friend. With a message of non acceptance etc.

I cant believe my friends wanted me to open it. I want no part in it at all .. whats so hard to see about that, i dont give a shit whats in it.

If phoning continues police will be informed .. or trolling police .. have a squizz hey ;)

like eze said, cops are cunts with stuff like this; it *seems* the best idea, but i doubt you'll get anywhere with it.

um, i was gonna move this to second opinion, but it seems us bitches have it under control, so i'll leave it unless someone disagrees.

hope things improve :)

the thing with cops is, even if u get a REALLY REALLY good one.... they have to EVERYTHING by the book, and make sure everything pans out..... trust me, if u go to the cops with this first, u will be letting yourself in for at least a few weeks of needless worry..... all it takes is one day to send a large male friend out there and say "u arent welcome"

when all else fails, THEN call the police..... sure its the "recommended thing to do" but if u have ever had anything to do with the cops, u know that:

A: most of them are lying scum who entered the profession on a power trip

B: any who arent lying scum have far more worrying things to tackle than a 60 year old who by the sounds of it has an overactive crush

C: sadly, the rest are here to draw a paycheck.... nothing more, nothing less....

i would love to speak highly of law enforcement, but i have been on the right side and the wrong side of the law at different times of my life, and the only constant when dealing with the police no matter how wrong or right u were..... they treat u like shit.... absoulute shit

it might sound good in practice, going to the cops, but realise once u do that, u leave yourself no room for scoping the situation out yourself.... if u go to the cops AND THEN act on this wierd prick, no matter what the circumstances are, the cops will want to pin it on u, and they will get it too, because they will say "she came to us, and we tried to help, but her and her friends took the law into their own hands"

protect yourself and your friends, take care of each other, and call the po-po as a last resort imo..... they are not to be trusted

^^^
30+ phone calls a day seems slightly more serious than an "overactive crush".

i just think it's a bit irresponsible to suggest a confrontation with the individual at this point in time is the way to go about things, assisted or otherwise. who knows how this guy would react? age is irrelevant. the safest thing to do right now would be to avoid any contact with this individual in person or on the phone or by returning gifts until advice can be given from people experienced in such matters. sure the police more than likely don't give a fuck, but i couldn't / wouldn't care less whether it's an inconvenience for them to investigate, it's their job. i recommended the police be contacted because they can put gillywin in touch with people who are most qualified to dispense advice.

there is a difference between an idealistic world and the real world.... obviously, either u havent had experience with the police, or u live in the nicest place in the world..... its in the inherent nature of positions of power like police officer / politician, to attract power mongering assholes...... its the polices job to protect us...... round my area, they dont seem to do jack shit of that, they are more concerned with not getting hurt themselves..... hes an old man, whats he gonna do if u roll up with 4 or 5 mates and tell him sternly, u back off, or we make u back off, whats it gonna be?

if the police round your area look after u, thats great, i want to move there, but here, and most other places in the world, u need to look after yourself, because most police care about their CI's and their paychecks..... thats about it as far as i can see.....

show me one old man whos willing to step up to the plate against 4-5 younger dudes, and i'll eat my words..... my bet is he runs/ambles away.... as fast as he can

^^^
out of respect for gillywin and the serious nature of her circumstances i won't debate this with you.

I have a couple of friends who are dealing with some minor harrassment from an ex-workmate. (Threatening phonecalls, being followed after work etc). They have been in contact with the police and have had no probs at all. Something to remember is that you don't have to get the police to take any action. You can just ask them to keep a record of what has happened so if you start to feel more threatened, they will know what has been happening.

I'd probably say to ask him politely to stop calling when he next calls. If it continues, I'd say to get some advice from the police.

ER, Let's keep things in perspective.

Gillywin, have you actually straight out told the guy that you are not interested and can he please stop? I'm sorry but I don't think that he qualifies as a stalker until you make it clear that you no longer want his attention. Sure, the lonely old guy should take a hint but some of them don't and you need to SAY SOMETHING. You have plenty of oppurtunity if he is calling thirty times a day.

He hasn't physically threatened you, and you haven't told him to back off so at the moment he is just a lonely old man with some funny ideas in his head.

If he continues after you have told him to back off, then you have a problem.

^ Yup that sounds like good advice to me too

good luck let me know how you go with it :)

OK .. back at work now.

First day back .. Old man comes in. As i'm a massive carpet sweeper .. i had done fuck all about the situation.

I'd taken the package into work .. expecting him to be there ... and yes he did show. (After 7weeks of me being away .. hmmm).

I couldnt face him .. he freaked me out too much. He stared at me untill he was ready to leave .. I was going to give the package back then .. but didnt have the guts.

2 days later in he comes again. This time .. i didnt have the package to give back .. but he approached me so i laid it out to him.

'I'm not comfortable with you sending my gifts .. i appreciate the thought ... but i havent opened the package and dont intend to'.

He said he has no use for it .. i might as well keep it etc ... he said 'if i dont see you ..merry christmas'

At least i confronted it.

Why not give the gift to some random on the street.
Maybe some chick who looks upset or somthin'?
I'm sure they'll be confused as all f*ck but it'll be sure to cheer them up.
It seems a waste to recieve a gift that you won't use... unless of course you just use/wear it?
Meh!
=D
PEACE

Well done on saying something! Id like to think I would have the guts to, but I dont know if I would..

good for you what an ickky situation to be in and kind of scary I know if that was me I couldn't help but feel guilty but I think the time has to come that we stick up for ourselves!
if you had just ignored him maybe things could of taken a turn for the worse.
I bet you were kind of nervous so you should be proud of yourself!
hopefully that doesn't happen to you again! :)

^^ Stalker's Mask

Finally !!!! Now with him out of the picture I can commence my stalking of the fabulous Miss GillyWin Mwahahahahaha !!

h@ndo
AKA "Hey you hiding in the bushes"
%)