• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Stained yellow teeth

Gzus85

Greenlighter
I've been smoking meth on and off for two years and I'm noticing my teeth are getting badly stained. I plan to quit so I just wanted to see if there's any advice on treating stained teeth without seeing a dentist. I'm too embarrassed to make an appointment with one and financially can't afford whatever it may cost.

I've been smoking meth on and off for two years and I'm noticing my teeth are getting badly stained. I plan to quit so I just wanted to see if there's any advice on treating stained teeth without seeing a dentist. I'm too embarrassed to make an appointment with one and financially can't afford whatever it may cost.

I believe what you are experiencing is the beginnings of "meth mouth". Smoking meth cause very severe tooth decay. My teeth are pretty badly damaged (from bulimia and smoking, not meth) and trust me, you don't want it. Anything cold hurts and I'm embarrassed to smile at anyone.
Using charcoal toothpaste is good for whitening teeth.

I believe what you are experiencing is the beginnings of "meth mouth". Smoking meth cause very severe tooth decay. My teeth are pretty badly damaged (from bulimia and smoking, not meth) and trust me, you don't want it. Anything cold hurts and I'm embarrassed to smile at anyone.
Using charcoal toothpaste is good for whitening teeth.
Thanks for the reply and you're right, it's time to break the habit. Hopefully the charcoal toothpaste can save my teeth.

I'm curious, is it the meth smoke that damages teeth so bad or is it the grinding and aggressive jaw clenching? I've always thought it was the teeth grinding but now i'm thinking it could also be corrosive leftover synth products coating the teeth.

Meth smoke. It is very highly acidic which youre lucky youre only at the stained stage, ive smoked it on and off and yes, its the smoking because maybe im lucky but no stimulants make me grind
Im not super experienced with meth as coke is my DOC but maybe theres a way of filtering it? That youd have to wait for someone else to help you with there but it is the smoke, in the making process they use several acidic chemicals which stay in it so when you smoke it, well yeah

Thats not really a "stain" it's because your enamel is depleting and its showing the layer underneath which is called dentin and its yellow. I'd stop now before it gets worse or start eating the drug. But another really bad thing is the dry mouth meth gives u so stay hydrated and get some type of OTC medicine that produces saliva cause even water doesn't have the antibacterial properties saliva.

Also meth is vaporized when smoked right? So it shouldn't leave a residue or "stain. But it eats away at the enamel I'd assume. And if its not the smoke it can can also be from dry mouth + sugary foods/drinks, and not eating enough food cause your teeth need nutrition + not brushing your teeth.

Last edited:
Thats not really a "stain" it's because your enamel is depleting and its showing the layer underneath which is called dentin and its yellow. I'd stop now before it gets worse or start eating the drug. But another really bad thing is the dry mouth meth gives u so stay hydrated and get some type of OTC medicine that produces saliva cause even water doesn't have the antibacterial properties saliva.

Also meth is vaporized when smoked right? So it shouldn't leave a residue or "stain. But it eats away at the enamel I'd assume. And if its not the smoke it can can also be from dry mouth + sugary foods/drinks, and not eating enough food cause your teeth need nutrition + not brushing your teeth.
^ pretty accurate id say meth smoke is pretty harsh on the teeth especially if you binge on it and dont take care of yourself