• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Staggering Gabapentin

alfredosauce

Bluelighter
No tolerance. Would a dose of 200 or 300 mg every 45 mins be more efficient than 400 mg? I have the 400 mg capsules and I think I may get more bioavailability if I split them up.

It wouldnt hurt, but its not guaranteed to increase bioavailability. If i were you, id take a whole 400mg, then take a second after about an hour since gabapentin takes a good amount of time to come up

800-1200mgs is a good starting dose. It has a pretty short half life as well so I wouldn't stagger the dosing too far apart.

Apparently bioavailability goes down a lot as you increase dose. 60% at 300 mg, 47% at 600 mg. I have quite a few of these pills so I think I'll just do 400 mg every 45 mins 3x a day. I do wonder if lower doses than 300 mg have even more bioavailability and if staggering more than like 3x a day would be wasteful.

I can say this that neurontin has a ceiling effect I personally have taken up ward's of 8000mg and I get the same effect as if I take only 3 to 4000 mgs if u go over that amount u are pretty much just wasting and killing ure liver

I can say this that neurontin has a ceiling effect I personally have taken up ward's of 8000mg and I get the same effect as if I take only 3 to 4000 mgs if u go over that amount u are pretty much just wasting and killing ure liver

I had the same experience.

That's most likely caused by the bioavailability from high doses. Staggering is the way to trick your system into absorbing more. You may be right about the ceiling but if you staggered the doses I bet you would of gotten really fucked up.

I've taken 4 now over the last 3 hours. Feeling it a bit, will report back. Considering doing another 4 more in the next 3 hours to test the ceiling effect.

Gabapentin takes a long time to kick in and IMO is not only lacking any positive effects, but creates a lot of cognitive issues making it quite uncomfortable. I started at 300 mg twice a day going up to 600 mg at night after 3 days and ended up developing suicidal ideation from the discomfort it caused and ended up stopping leading to wd/rebound effect. Gabapentin IMO is just as nasty, abusable, and causing dependencies making it a candidate for schedule 2/3 controlled substance. My opinion though not shared by many who think gabapentin/pregablin a g-d send.

Gabapentin takes a long time to kick in and IMO is not only lacking any positive effects, but creates a lot of cognitive issues making it quite uncomfortable. I started at 300 mg twice a day going up to 600 mg at night after 3 days and ended up developing suicidal ideation from the discomfort it caused and ended up stopping leading to wd/rebound effect. Gabapentin IMO is just as nasty, abusable, and causing dependencies making it a candidate for schedule 2/3 controlled substance. My opinion though not shared by many who think gabapentin/pregablin a g-d send.

Ouch. I think all GABA drugs suck when your addicted. This year I had a SERIOUS addiction to GHB and GBL and it was heaven and hell. I feel when I'm on a low dose of GABA drugs now I feel normal. If Post Acute Withdrawal exists I definitely have some from that addiction and a low dose of GABA drugs probably brings me back to baseline.

Its mild but I am liking Gabapentin, nice for nerve pain, relaxed.

I find it highly addictive which is ironic considering I got it prescribed for the first time in rehab

I'm with you crimsonjunk. It does wonders at first for my pain, but losses effectiveness after one or two days of use unless the dose is continually increased. It's so stupid when opiates I can be stable on without all the nasty side effects and just dependancy and withdrawals if inappropriately cut off, which should be considered malpractice if a health care office permits such treatment especially on the excuse they don't want to lose their licence and not the patients needs.... Of course drug addicts therefore pain patients dependant on opiates as no one acknowledges the difference between addiction and a physical dependancy as addictions may come from physical dependancy although the definition is a compilation to use leading to harm without any medical reason for use while chronic pain and reduction of tightness and tension associated with areas of pain is a damn good reason. Really fuck medical care globally the health care system and understanding is completely fucked and broken as doctors care more about risking their licence vs providing patients with appropriate medication even if they carry risks if used irresponsibly by dishonest manipulative patients, which does not apply to everyone nor the majority of people IMO.

Did 8 400 mg johnnies 1 every hour good shit. Not crazy addictive IMO I think you'd have to have a huge supply to fuck yourself up

It's definitely better to stagger. It just takes so damn long because you're stretching it out. I get my hands on 300 mg pills sometimes and I'll take like 600 mg every 45 minutes because if you take a ton at once, it's completely useless. It doesn't get absorbed in a super high dosage. The high in the end really isn't that great. It actually makes you feel kinda dumb, confused and uncomfortable. Not to mention you get extremely constipated and bloated for days. Not really worth it. Nowadays I just take a couple if I run out of benzos because it helps with certain withdrawal symptoms.

I'm very experienced with gabapentin and I've found that taking, depending on what dose you have, 300 - 400mg every 30min until you reach about 2700 -3200mg works excellently. I like to take 800mg as a loading dose though. Taking a naproxen before hand increases BA by nearly 20%. And by the time you're done the effects kick in. And I HIGHLY recommend baclofen. Its a muscle relaxant with the same effects (less potent at the alpha2delta calcium channel subunit, more potent at the GABA B receptor). Gabapentin, despite all the misinformation circling around HAS been proven to work on POSTSYNAPTIC GABA B receptors (lyrica as well) which is why they and GHB, phenibut and baclofen are all similar in effects. 40-80mg when you start dosing the gabapentin because it takes just as long. It makes me feel very social, talkative, empathetic, energized, anxiety free. The two together are great. They feel like benzos and MDMA combined. And for some reason at about the 6-8 hour point they start to get a little trippy causing psychedelic like CEVS.

I disagree about it being schedule II or III. It will be schedule V very soon. But I don't know how baclofen never got placed in schedule IV. Euphoria is listed as a common side effect. Yet they schedule Vimpat ( a New tegretol...) which has NO abuse potential? Come on now...

You are sooo right about baclofen! I forgot about it because I don't get it anymore. Only tried it because I used to date a guy who had a ton on his dresser so I took some. Took too many a couple times and it made my stomach feel sick and just really bad like when you take too much phenibut. I also kept nodding off mid-conversation with someone. I think that was like on 80 mg.

30-40 mg and all is right with the world. It's exactly as you described, talkative, very positive mood, outgoing and no anxiety. I went out that day and was having wonderful conversations with strangers. The world looked brighter and I smiled a lot. Similar to phenibut, but better IMO because it feels like a "cleaner" high.

This is the reason I take baclofen. It's the only medication that helps with my anxiety and GAD. Benzos help as a prophylactic against panic attacks but they do nothing for anxiety. But baclofen is absolutely wonderful. But t you overdo it you do nod out hard. It's very uncomfortable. I've never gotten nauseous though. With these effects I still wonder how did baclofen slip through the DEA's fingers? These effects definitely qualify it for CIV or at the very least CV, especially considering it's wicked dependency and withdrawal issues

One time I tried to ask my psychiatrist for baclofen and she compared it to being dependent on a harder substance. Hell, she's even weaning all patients off klonopin now because of possible "dementia". She sucks. Who cares about dementia when anxiety makes your life go nowhere at all.

shit, i have go above 13 GRAMS of the stuff at least once a month, usually dosing 1200mg every 30mins for like 8 hours... once i get the buzz i'm looking for, which kicks in after about 4hours, i feel i need to keep doing it to stay there. once did over 20 grams.... never again tho as i remember entering a really weird headspace, like a benzo OD or when you take too much ambien and stay awake... saying things to my GF that didn't make sense - like insisting there was a little girl in the house with us, saying people are outside, parked in the yard, etc.... really weird....

That kind of sounds like delirium type effects so.rthi g like diphenhydramine would cause. I got that from dph before and even from a low dose of dph mixed with clonazepam so I can see extremely high doses of gabapentin causing some similarities.

She's not weening them off other benzos too? She only thinks klonopin could possibly cause it? Lol