• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc SSRI's

creation does this

Greenlighter
So I take Lexipro, idk how many milligrams but it's not a very high dose, and i know they're an SSRI, that is the specific reason why the doctor put me on them, so i know SSRI's and DXM can cause serotonin release syndrome, i've been kinda thinking about fucking with dex anyway though, how long does SRS last, are the symptoms severe? also I know SSRI's can mix no0t so well with other illicit drugs swell, i was wondering what other drugs may be problematic, and what problems to expect. So far I have only done meth on the lexipro and so far so good, no harsh reactions, a friend may be mailing me some gel tabs soon, am I free to take those, no worries, also, my psychiatrist has since changed and though I don't know my new psychiatrist to well she did mention she would be willing to change my medications up, unlike my last psychiatrist, so I believe if I explains the situation to her she is more than ,likely to change it, should i just wait and see if i can get off. I am on conservator ship, live at an RSS where they monitor my medication intake so simply refusing the med is not an option as all psych meds are mandate for conserve tees.
thank you, loves.
-matthew

As far as I know the symptoms of serotonin syndrome are a living hell at best and death at worst. I don't know much about it so I highly suggest you at least skim through the wiki article if nothing else. It is a very serious condition and it's not worth risking your life for a shitty dxm trip.

Stay safe

thank you, death, fuck, i was expecting like severe mood and stability issues, but kinda fuck that i'll wait to get off

I actually looked it up out of curiousity. As long as proper treatment is given it doesn't usually result in death but the symptoms for even more mild cases include overheating, psychosis, muscle spasms, seizures, degradation of muscle tissue, and a lot of other nasty shit.

I've been dealing with SRS symptoms on and off for about a year. My symptoms come as inability to regulate body temperature and muscle spasms. I'm on a pretty high dose of SSRI which is why I have experienced SRS on several occasions. The worst symptom for me are the spasms which occur commonly in the neck, which can cause severe migraine. SRS is manageable when you know that it is the root problem. Just keep an eye out for it, otherwise you shouldn't worry about it too much.

While it isn't Lexapro, I used DXM extensively while taking bupropion without any ill effects. If you find the need to use something like DXM while you're taking an SSRI, don't use the SSRI the day you take DXM and dose the DXM responsibly. If it turns out you're on a high dose of Lexapro then I'd avoid DXM entirely, unless you take a few days to clear your system a bit for the SSRI before using the DXM.

Yeah I was on lexapro for 3 months. Started out great and she also gave me xanax while the lexpro kicked in. Happy off the xan an pro for a month. Sex is great can last quite a bit longer. 2 months later and no interest in sex. 3 months no change and not feeling happy at all. Then stopped taking. Just my experience with lexapro.