• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

SSRI'S that don't block Opiods? (and question about metabolism)

If I a ultra fast metabolizer (I FIRMLY believe I am) as I just went 3 hours and 30 mins without a Vicodin and was coughing so bad and any smell almost made my vomit. I took. A Vicodin and within minutes I'm better. How did it work so fast?! And how can I go through W/D 2-3 hours after last dosage?

Even if I take 10mg Opana at bed with a fatty meal (gives huge boost for me) along with 10mg oxycodone, if I wake up 6 hours later I am in WD. How's that possible when I only take 5mg to 10mg of hydro every few hours?!?

As for Tramadol, how would that help if I'm a ultra fast metabolizer? I have a old script for them still.

If I take Tramadol, should I quit the Prozac? Or can I take them both? And does Tramadol boost dopamine at higher dosages or only Sertonin and NE?

DXM I take before dosages (20mg to 30mg max) to try to reduce tolerance. It doesn't seem to do anything because remove the feelings opiods give... A couple times DXM seemed to release serotonin and I felt decent, but that only lasted 1-2 days.

Am I an ULTRA fast metabolizer X10??

An I an ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA fast metabolizer? As just went 3 hours and 30 mins without a Vicodin and was coughing so bad and any smell almost made my vomit. So I took A Vicodin and within minutes I'm better. How did it work so fast?! And how can I go through W/D 2-3 hours after last dosage?Also, my WD kicks in anywhere from 2-4 hours after last dosage... It's super fast. Here's what I take: 45mg hydro daily + Opana 10mg X2 daily. Normally I only take like 30mg of hydro per day though... So here's what baffles me the most: I take 10mg Opana at bed with a fatty meal (gives huge boost for me) and even a few times taken it along with 10mg oxycodone (extended release), right before bed. And if I happen to wake up say 5 hours into sleep? I wake up in WD. Every time. I often wake up due to WD and coughing and restless feeling. But it makes NO SENSE. I only take roughly 5mg of hydro every 2-3 hours. 45MG daily max, more towards 30 to 35mg daily. So if I take 10mg oxymorphone and 10mg oxycodone why the heck do I wake up in WD a mere 4-6 hours later? Even if I sleep a full 8 hours I wake up in WD every single morning. Shouldn't the ER meds keep WD away for 12 hours (or at least 8-10 hours). I don't get it. Especially Opana being so much more potent. Unless my body is making Vicodin stronger by turning a ton of it into HydroMORPHONE? Which Hydrmorphone is roughly 33% stronger then Opana/oxymorphone? I don't know if that's maybe a possibility, since no one truly knows how much of Vicodin is turned into Hydrmorphone? I even tried taking 400mg up to 800mg of tagament. Doesn't make any difference..... I even tried 15mg oxy slow release + 10mg Opana... Woke up in WD like 4-6 hours later. Wtf is wrong with me? Oddly Tramadol when take helps WD maybe 50% with a 50mg tab.... But if I take Tramadol I can normally go 4-6 hours between dosages. Tramadol helps WD due to mu opiod receptors, BUT, it also works on norepherine, which is believed to play a role in W/D... So maybe I'm super super low on NE? I am tired 24/7 and could sleep all day. In fact I sleep through 15 alarms (not kidding). I have zero energy at all. Maybe my norepherine levels are super low leading to rapid W/D? I don't know. If so how do I fix that? Vitamins, anything?An I an ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA fast metabolizer? As just went 3 hours and 30 mins without a Vicodin and was coughing so bad and any smell almost made my vomit. So I took A Vicodin and within minutes I'm better. How did it work so fast?! And how can I go through W/D 2-3 hours after last dosage?Also, my WD kicks in anywhere from 2-4 hours after last dosage... It's super fast. Here's what I take: 45mg hydro daily + Opana 10mg X2 daily. Normally I only take like 30mg of hydro per day though... So here's what baffles me the most: I take 10mg Opana at bed with a fatty meal (gives huge boost for me) and even a few times taken it along with 10mg oxycodone (extended release), right before bed. And if I happen to wake up say 5 hours into sleep? I wake up in WD. Every time. I often wake up due to WD and coughing and restless feeling. But it makes NO SENSE. I only take roughly 5mg of hydro every 2-3 hours. 45MG daily max, more towards 30 to 35mg daily. So if I take 10mg oxymorphone and 10mg oxycodone why the heck do I wake up in WD a mere 4-6 hours later? Even if I sleep a full 8 hours I wake up in WD every single morning. Shouldn't the ER meds keep WD away for 12 hours (or at least 8-10 hours). I don't get it. Especially Opana being so much more potent. Unless my body is making Vicodin stronger by turning a ton of it into HydroMORPHONE? Which Hydrmorphone is roughly 33% stronger then Opana/oxymorphone? I don't know if that's maybe a possibility, since no one truly knows how much of Vicodin is turned into Hydrmorphone? I even tried taking 400mg up to 800mg of tagament. Doesn't make any difference..... I even tried 15mg oxy slow release + 10mg Opana... Woke up in WD like 4-6 hours later. Wtf is wrong with me? Oddly Tramadol when take helps WD maybe 50% with a 50mg tab.... But if I take Tramadol I can normally go 4-6 hours between dosages. Tramadol helps WD due to mu opiod receptors, BUT, it also works on norepherine, which is believed to play a role in W/D... So maybe I'm super super low on NE? I am tired 24/7 and could sleep all day. In fact I sleep through 15 alarms (not kidding). I have zero energy at all. Maybe my norepherine levels are super low leading to rapid W/D? I don't know. If so how do I fix that? Vitamins, anything?

If I a ultra fast metabolizer (I FIRMLY believe I am) as I just went 3 hours and 30 mins without a Vicodin and was coughing so bad and any smell almost made my vomit. I took. A Vicodin and within minutes I'm better. How did it work so fast?! And how can I go through W/D 2-3 hours after last dosage?

Even if I take 10mg Opana at bed with a fatty meal (gives huge boost for me) along with 10mg oxycodone, if I wake up 6 hours later I am in WD. How's that possible when I only take 5mg to 10mg of hydro every few hours?!?

As for Tramadol, how would that help if I'm a ultra fast metabolizer? I have a old script for them still.

If I take Tramadol, should I quit the Prozac? Or can I take them both? And does Tramadol boost dopamine at higher dosages or only Sertonin and NE?

DXM I take before dosages (20mg to 30mg max) to try to reduce tolerance. It doesn't seem to do anything because remove the feelings opiods give... A couple times DXM seemed to release serotonin and I felt decent, but that only lasted 1-2 days.

Hydrocodone is a shorter acting opioid, it's not all that surprising that you experience withdrawal after 5-6 hours. And yes, some people metabolize drugs faster than others.

You can get answers here too but so far all your questions can be easily answered by your prescribing doctor.

Last edited:
You already updated your old thread with this question. I'm going to condense this with that thread, next time please don't start a new thread if you already have one open on the same subject.

If you could edit your post and break it into paragraphs and just make it easier to read you'll get more responses.

I didn't post the ultra fast metabolizer topic in this thread though, I made a brand new one for it because it's a totally different topic as this thread is about Prozac and opiates while my other thread was about ultra fast metabolizer and rapid W/D onset. If it appeared in this thread it was a glitch, I'm on mobile BL and it's hard to make posts on mobile BL. Oh wait, I see I did mention it a little bit in last post. My bad, didn't mean to. Wanted to create a new topic so people would read the headline of a different topic and get better insight that way.

Mobile verision sucks sometimes.

BTW, I said W/D every 2-3 hours not 5-6. I wish that long.

Also I said even when taking 10mg of Opana and 15mg Oxy extended release I wake up 4-6 hours later in WD. How's that possible to last so little if normally a 5mg hydro stops W/D for 2-3 hours? And being stronger than 5mg hydro those extended release dosages are more than enough to cover any W/D.

I'm on 20mg escitalopram a day and my 8mg subs daily works fine. Most ppl I know with stronger ones it still works.
BUT I gota say the script is a bigger anti-dep effect that the antidep!!!

ERGO: just give us all half a g black tar smack a day, swapped monthly with 170 oxycodone. ;)

I didn't post the ultra fast metabolizer topic in this thread though, I made a brand new one for it because it's a totally different topic as this thread is about Prozac and opiates while my other thread was about ultra fast metabolizer and rapid W/D onset. If it appeared in this thread it was a glitch, I'm on mobile BL and it's hard to make posts on mobile BL. Oh wait, I see I did mention it a little bit in last post. My bad, didn't mean to. Wanted to create a new topic so people would read the headline of a different topic and get better insight that way.

Mobile verision sucks sometimes.

BTW, I said W/D every 2-3 hours not 5-6. I wish that long.

Also I said even when taking 10mg of Opana and 15mg Oxy extended release I wake up 4-6 hours later in WD. How's that possible to last so little if normally a 5mg hydro stops W/D for 2-3 hours? And being stronger than 5mg hydro those extended release dosages are more than enough to cover any W/D.

Your post was a little confusingly worded, seemed like you were saying you took hydrocodone every 2-3 hours and went into withdrawal after 5.

Well I edited your title so people could see the additional question. But tbh that's a question more suited for BDD so you could probably start a thread there.

Do you metabolize all substances rapidly or just opioids? Have you tried taking your pills with a full stomach?

Last edited:
I think maybe it is better suited for NPD. You have to read my entire post to understand why, especially the Tramadol part.

Yeah, the confusion was: while AWAKE I go into WD 2-3 hours after every dosage. When going to bed/SLEEP I wake up roughly 3-6 hours into my sleep and am in WD, even with ER Opana or ER Oxy taken before bed, and I can't fall back to sleep without another pill. Sometimes it takes double my normal Dosage to put me me back to sleep. I believe this is because opiods don't work for me very well on empty stomach in middle of night.

So yeah, every pill while I'm awake I take with a fatty meal. In fact if I do NOT eat food they don't really work, I have to take another half pill to make it work without food. This is because my body is used to getting the fatty meal boost all the time. I eat like 8 meals a day because every time I take a pill it's just a habit to eat with it for the boost. So I always eat food. If I try to take a pill on an empty stomach? I still have WD. It feels like 25% weaker,
"To the T", so to speak. It requires 25% higher dosage without food (which is 2.5mg of hydro extra) to make it feel equal to taking the pill with a meal. Sometimes it requires 50% more without food -- I have to take 2 Vicodins at once.
I also eat Meals High in sat fats to get the biggest boost.

So yes, if I take 5mg Vicodin I have WD only 2-3 hours after dosage. Even with a
Meal. Way too quick. Mostly it starts with coughing, runny nose, chills, lungs cannot handle breathing in strong smells or I'll cough so bad I'll vomit, and feeling very cold with chills only 2 hours after dosage, followed by stomach pains and headache and feeling like the super super flu is coming on around 3ish hour mark. Sometimes I'm already almost at vomitting stage ONLY 2 hours after last dosage. 2 hours only...Taking another pill makes everything go away so I know it is WD. Most people don't reach the vomitting stage until like 24 to 48 hours after last dosage how can I be reaching it into a matter of hours???

Here's the complicated issue: I take 5mg of Vicodin roughly 6 to 8 times a day. So 30mg to 40mg Vicodin daily. I also take Opana 10mg x2 daily.

So since my hydrocodone dosage is only moderate, how come at night if I take 10mg of Opana extended release (with a fatty meal too) I can still wake in my sleep up 3-5 later in WD? Opana should be able to stop any W/D for 8-12 hours. It does not.
ALSO: I even tried taking 30mg of oxy extended release before bed, with a fatty meal. That's more than an ENTIRE DAYS WORTH OF MY NORMAL HYDRO DOSAGE! So the Oxy releases 10mg instantly (more than my normal Vicodin dosage) and then 20mg throughout night.... That's PLENTY for me to stay out of WD. So why am I waking up still in WD sometimes as few as 3 hours later? Timeframe runs from 3-6 hours on average while sleeping before I wake up in WD, and sometimes I last almost 8 hours (while asleep only) but that's very very rare.

Even more confusing: 50mg of Tramadol seems to allow me to go a couple hours longer without W/D (which I feel the Tramadol weakly). Why? My guess is due to NE reuptake the Tramadol does, so perhaps my W/D issues are not due to lack of opiods but due to lack of norpherine? As I know that plays a role in WD. Also I'm tired 24/7 and that is the "energy chemical" so to speak. Maybe that's the issue, but that's probably only going to be answered in some advanced forum of BL, not here in other drugs.